collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: NSWE Investment  (Read 621754 times)

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
Re: NSWE Investment
« Reply #3000 on: November 28, 2021, 02:00:39 PM »
Thousands left for leicester match as well. You would think with a new Head Coach,back to back wins some on that huge list would be desperate to see us play?. We're talking about extending to 50,000 . maybe they will have second thoughts if we can't sell out against clubs like leicester and manchester city.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #3001 on: November 28, 2021, 02:44:11 PM »
There are 850 tickets left for Man City.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #3002 on: November 28, 2021, 02:55:45 PM »
Don't underestimate how many people have been struggling with their finances in the last twelve months due to the pandemic.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #3003 on: November 28, 2021, 02:55:59 PM »
Fucking hell, it’s incessant.

Online VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #3004 on: November 28, 2021, 03:00:39 PM »
lI think he is getting a bit carried away with his Devils advocate stance 😃

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #3005 on: November 28, 2021, 03:03:10 PM »
Don't underestimate how many people have been struggling with their finances in the last twelve months due to the pandemic.

What do you need in Bedrock apart from granite ?

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #3006 on: November 28, 2021, 03:33:00 PM »
I've just watched the Purslow interview. I'm not sure if it was him or the interviewer who suggested an increase from 42,000 to 50,000, but I'm wondering if they will upgrade or (more sensibly) demolish the North Stand only, or whether they will try to do something with the Doug Ellis Stand as well.

I had a season ticket in the DE Upper when it was first built and the views were excellent but I remember the concourse up there always being overcrowded. Mention was made of an upgrade to the hospitality facilities, and for sure the minimum standard must have gone up since the DE was built. If the club want to improve the supporter experience for more of our support, and lets face it, if people have to endure rather than enjoy the experience we're less likely to retain them as season ticket holders, then I would expect work/improvement/rebuilding to be done on the North Stand and Doug Ellis Stand.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2021, 03:35:07 PM by Chris Harte »

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #3007 on: November 28, 2021, 03:34:20 PM »
1962 tickets are left for Leicester. So not thousands as the troll suggested.

Let's hope that when Fred gets the chance to buy a season ticket he doesn't end up sitting near you.

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #3008 on: November 28, 2021, 03:43:28 PM »

Let's hope that when Fred gets the chance to buy a season ticket he doesn't end up sitting near you.
A scientist might round up that figure of 1962 to suggest that there are thousands empty ;) . But there's a week to go until the game, and our lowest gate so far was for West Ham (41,874). I wouldn't be too concerned about the likely attendance.

Offline charlatan

« Reply #3009 on: November 28, 2021, 04:21:06 PM »
Apparently 1962C1000 > 5 * 10^588 so there are more sets of 1000 available seats at Villa Park for the Leicester game than atoms in the universe ;)

Online VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #3010 on: November 28, 2021, 04:43:01 PM »
I've just watched the Purslow interview. I'm not sure if it was him or the interviewer who suggested an increase from 42,000 to 50,000, but I'm wondering if they will upgrade or (more sensibly) demolish the North Stand only, or whether they will try to do something with the Doug Ellis Stand as well.

I had a season ticket in the DE Upper when it was first built and the views were excellent but I remember the concourse up there always being overcrowded. Mention was made of an upgrade to the hospitality facilities, and for sure the minimum standard must have gone up since the DE was built. If the club want to improve the supporter experience for more of our support, and lets face it, if people have to endure rather than enjoy the experience we're less likely to retain them as season ticket holders, then I would expect work/improvement/rebuilding to be done on the North Stand and Doug Ellis Stand.

purslow mentioned a significant number of that 20.000 demand was for corporate so imagine a lot will be focused on that .  I wonder how limited they are too develop the witton lane

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #3011 on: November 28, 2021, 04:49:10 PM »

purslow mentioned a significant number of that 20.000 demand was for corporate so imagine a lot will be focused on that .  I wonder how limited they are too develop the witton lane
I remember when the Witton Lane was expanded from one tier to two, there were issues with the natives claiming they'd never see daylight in their homes because of the stand. I suppose time will tell to see if these issues resurface.

Offline boutrosboutrosgnarly

« Reply #3012 on: November 28, 2021, 05:01:37 PM »

No need to worry unless you're sitting in one of the two open stands in their shithole.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #3013 on: November 28, 2021, 06:36:08 PM »

I remember when the Witton Lane was expanded from one tier to two, there were issues with the natives claiming they'd never see daylight in their homes because of the stand. I suppose time will tell to see if these issues resurface.

I'm pretty sure there are issues with the road too - mainly that the council refuse to move it, making it essentially impossible to create a sensibly sized concourse for the lower tier, even if you built over the road like the Trinity.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #3014 on: November 28, 2021, 10:44:23 PM »
Sounds like we will be buying a club/franchise too.  V-Group (or whatever the new name is) connects easily with the link to a Vegas club.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal