collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Edge
[Today at 07:51:24 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:47:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by OCD
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Nev
[Today at 07:38:29 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Ian.
[Today at 07:37:07 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 07:36:44 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by OCD
[Today at 07:32:48 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: NSWE Investment  (Read 621811 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: NSWE Investment
« Reply #3015 on: November 28, 2021, 10:49:26 PM »
That was my take on it. May be a means of harvesting South American youth talent perhaps?

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #3016 on: November 28, 2021, 11:10:05 PM »
I've just watched the Purslow interview. I'm not sure if it was him or the interviewer who suggested an increase from 42,000 to 50,000, but I'm wondering if they will upgrade or (more sensibly) demolish the North Stand only, or whether they will try to do something with the Doug Ellis Stand as well.

I had a season ticket in the DE Upper when it was first built and the views were excellent but I remember the concourse up there always being overcrowded. Mention was made of an upgrade to the hospitality facilities, and for sure the minimum standard must have gone up since the DE was built. If the club want to improve the supporter experience for more of our support, and lets face it, if people have to endure rather than enjoy the experience we're less likely to retain them as season ticket holders, then I would expect work/improvement/rebuilding to be done on the North Stand and Doug Ellis Stand.
Interesting idea.

As a thought, given the Doug Ellis Stand can't be a great deal bigger than it is at the moment the most sensible route for that may be to increase the revenue yield on it.  Rebuild it completely as a high spec stand focussed on corporate hospitality.  Then rebuild the north stand as a standalone single tier giant.  We'd see the ground slowly morph in to having the posh/corporate stuff on the Witton Lane / Trinity Road stands, with the two ends acting as cheaper stands to increase the capacity to 50k+

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #3017 on: November 28, 2021, 11:12:16 PM »
Just knock the whole thing down and build a new ground somewhere less shit.

*runs away*

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #3018 on: November 28, 2021, 11:16:51 PM »
Just knock the whole thing down and build a new ground somewhere less shit.

*runs away*

If public reaction wasn’t a factor, I wonder if they would.

That massive Smithfield development where the wholesale markets were, for example.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3019 on: November 28, 2021, 11:20:58 PM »
No good ever comes of building a new stadium unless you're a tinpot outfit like Reading. Stay where we are build where we can, the rest takes care of itself.

Offline Risso

« Reply #3020 on: November 28, 2021, 11:26:52 PM »
No good ever comes of building a new stadium unless you're a tinpot outfit like Reading. Stay where we are build where we can, the rest takes care of itself.

Doesn’t appear to have done Man City much harm.

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #3021 on: November 28, 2021, 11:36:20 PM »

They didn't build it. It was a Blues' wet dream.

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #3022 on: November 28, 2021, 11:38:19 PM »
Like west Ham, if you can get one on the cheap then fair enough. If you build it yourself it fucks you financially.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #3023 on: November 28, 2021, 11:52:30 PM »

Especially when your existing stadium is Villa Park.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #3024 on: November 28, 2021, 11:59:43 PM »
Even the Upper Trinity is pretty poor imo for space when it's a full house which is pretty much always these days. Not a great design with the stairs up taking half the space and then you have the bars aswell creating bottlenecks at half time.

Hopefully they'll do a good job with rebuilt north stand. No reason at all why some sort of underground car park can't be installed as they have it at likes of Arsenal and Chelsea so that would give a bit more space as think it was said Villa Village will probably be demolished so could extend the existing car park outwards.

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #3025 on: November 29, 2021, 12:05:51 AM »
We have a huge car park, demolish the Village and have shuttle busses/coaches directly to the City Centre for a small fee. 

Offline Risso

« Reply #3026 on: November 29, 2021, 12:07:18 AM »

It's just a name. The North Stand and Doug Ellis are atrocious, both terrible stands with crap facilities. The Holte is slightly better and looks nice from the outside, but is still miles behind most modern stands. The Trinity is newest and has the best facilities, but is just a glass and concrete thing that isn't a patch on the architectural masterpiece that was there before. There's no parking to speak to, and transport to and from the ground is an absolute nightmare. The surrounding area is a very poor one, so there'd be no point in building anything else like a hotel even if there was the space.

Not a popular view I know, but then nor was Steven Gerrard as manager 3 short weeks ago... ;)

Online Rory

« Reply #3027 on: November 29, 2021, 01:23:59 AM »

It's just a name. The North Stand and Doug Ellis are atrocious, both terrible stands with crap facilities. The Holte is slightly better and looks nice from the outside, but is still miles behind most modern stands. The Trinity is newest and has the best facilities, but is just a glass and concrete thing that isn't a patch on the architectural masterpiece that was there before. There's no parking to speak to, and transport to and from the ground is an absolute nightmare. The surrounding area is a very poor one, so there'd be no point in building anything else like a hotel even if there was the space.

Not a popular view I know, but then nor was Steven Gerrard as manager 3 short weeks ago... ;)

Where do you think we should put a new stadium? I think VP is a bit of a nightmare to get to/from, but I feel like it's inextricably linked to Aston Hall and a sense of red brick history and pride. For me, at least.

I'd hate to see us build a corporate bowl on a retail park. If we move, we HAVE to bring certain things like the Holte steps and fascia, brick by brick. Anything else would be soulless.

Offline Risso

« Reply #3028 on: November 29, 2021, 07:19:55 AM »
Move a stand that was built in 1995? Why not just build a new one?

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #3029 on: November 29, 2021, 08:10:16 AM »

If our ground was in Moss Side, I'd want to escape ASAP too.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal