collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: NSWE Investment  (Read 672417 times)

Offline Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
Re: NSWE Investment
« Reply #3045 on: November 29, 2021, 10:17:35 AM »
Do I understand that the tramline to the Alex goes along the Birchfield Rd to town? Will that ease some of the transport pain or has it been shelved?

If the progress of that tiny bit from Broad Street to that indistinct bit of the Hagley Road is anything to go by it will take a Millennium to build.

Online VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #3046 on: November 29, 2021, 10:18:24 AM »
I don't think there's any chance we'll move.  If we did there's no point trying to build a replica Villa park. The best you could hope for is a version of what Spurs have built.

The location of Evertons new ground is fantastic, on the docks on the edge of the City, it will be an incredible stadium.  If you're going to relocate then that's the way to do it.  But lets face it we would end up at the NEC.

We can easily get to 50-55k seats where we are and that should do us for the next 20 years.
The NEC is there a more soulless place in England?

Milton Keynes.  But I agree with your general point.

I raise you small heath !

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #3047 on: November 29, 2021, 10:18:29 AM »
Do I understand that the tramline to the Alex goes along the Birchfield Rd to town? Will that ease some of the transport pain or has it been shelved?

If the progress of that tiny bit from Broad Street to that indistinct bit of the Hagley Road is anything to go by it will take a Millennium to build.

And then get randomly shut down for weeks on end once it actually gets running.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #3048 on: November 29, 2021, 10:21:12 AM »
No good ever comes of building a new stadium unless you're a tinpot outfit like Reading. Stay where we are build where we can, the rest takes care of itself.

Doesn’t appear to have done Man City much harm.

Except their current stadium is a by-word for soulless. Chelsea, Liverpool and ManYoo's extending/sprucing-up of their own stadiums in the past two decades have meant the atmosphere associated with them and their grounds has been retained. The Eithad gets more coverage for looking empty than it does for its atmos.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #3049 on: November 29, 2021, 10:24:51 AM »
We could flatten and redevelop Villa Park on that site. If the whole ground was shifted towards the village and across a bit too there would be space.

The Alex is big enough but further out and more awkward.

The Smithfield site is closer to HS2. It's closer to the train and buses. It's worse for parking. It could become a hub for a lot of things but in not sure the council would want to lose all that space to a football ground. The cost would be the highest if all. Our nearest rivals would hate it.

The NEC would kill crowds in my view. There's just nothing else there. Unless there was a huge development for the social side, which wouldn't really work on non-football days.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #3050 on: November 29, 2021, 10:28:26 AM »
Flatten the North Stand and the Witton Lane and dig down. Drop the pitch level, get a extra tier into the Holte and Trinity then build the new stands from there.

I'm sure it would be horrifically expensive and disruptive, but quite cool. Which is what matter most.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #3051 on: November 29, 2021, 10:29:08 AM »
No good ever comes of building a new stadium unless you're a tinpot outfit like Reading. Stay where we are build where we can, the rest takes care of itself.

Doesn’t appear to have done Man City much harm.

Except their current stadium is a by-word for soulless. Chelsea, Liverpool and ManYoo's extending/sprucing-up of their own stadiums in the past two decades have meant the atmosphere associated with them and their grounds has been retained. The Eithad gets more coverage for looking empty than it does for its atmos.
Stamford Bridge is a great stadium in a great location, but it holds less than 42,000.

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #3052 on: November 29, 2021, 10:30:04 AM »
All this talk of moving from our home is shameful. We should play nowhere else but Villa Park and if we were to move out of Aston that would be me done.

There's plenty of spaces for coaches if the village is demolished . Frequent shuttles to the City Centre with entertainment on in the car park. Moving from Villa Park would be tragic

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #3053 on: November 29, 2021, 10:31:12 AM »
It's not shameful you pillock. It's just a discussion.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #3054 on: November 29, 2021, 10:31:29 AM »
Ok. I've revised my thinking. Move.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #3055 on: November 29, 2021, 10:33:10 AM »
All this talk of moving from our home is shameful. We should play nowhere else but Villa Park and if we were to move out of Aston that would be me done.

#Prays for move.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #3056 on: November 29, 2021, 10:33:27 AM »
That would be the most expensive if it involved digging out and then building new foundations.

I understand  the problem with Witton Lane is a lack of space.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #3057 on: November 29, 2021, 10:35:52 AM »
Still 13,000 seats available (excluding season ticket holders) for Southampton at home in March 2022.  Absolute disgrace.  Hope they are ringing and apologising to all those on the waiting list.

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #3058 on: November 29, 2021, 10:37:22 AM »
The new Spurs and Arsenal grounds are great- don’t confuse them with the out of town Lego stands that other clubs have.

Also, both of the new grounds are in the same location as the old ones - same train /tube stations to access the ground, only 5 minutes walk away from the old places. So not a great upheaval for supporters.

For miserable old legacy fans like me, Villa Park is where we play and where we should stay. Our kids will be supporting Villa long after Purslow and the others have gone.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #3059 on: November 29, 2021, 10:37:25 AM »
Stop having a go at Bam Bam 2 stands.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal