collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Leon Bailey - signed  (Read 329355 times)

Offline Vegas

• Location: N Yorks (user name is 10+ years old and was only briefly true)
Re: Leon Bailey - signed
« Reply #3135 on: May 14, 2024, 03:59:08 PM »
The transformation in Bailey from the idea of him being a bit of a fair weather, inconsistent winger into an absolute warrior and leader in this team is maybe the most astonishing and impressive development in any player this season - which is saying something given how much Unai has improved the whole squad.

I wouldn't trade him for anyone now, the quality and leadership he has shown particularly in the last few months, clearly playing through the pain barrier, has been incredible. Rarely do you think a player of his type would play that kind of role in a team, but I'm amazed by how he's stepped up.
Would have had another brilliant assist last night too were it not for our miss of the season! What a player.

Says it all for me.

Agreed- great post. He’s a legend

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #3136 on: May 14, 2024, 04:28:00 PM »
The transformation in Bailey from the idea of him being a bit of a fair weather, inconsistent winger into an absolute warrior and leader in this team is maybe the most astonishing and impressive development in any player this season - which is saying something given how much Unai has improved the whole squad.

I wouldn't trade him for anyone now, the quality and leadership he has shown particularly in the last few months, clearly playing through the pain barrier, has been incredible. Rarely do you think a player of his type would play that kind of role in a team, but I'm amazed by how he's stepped up.
Would have had another brilliant assist last night too were it not for our miss of the season! What a player.

Says it all for me.

Yeah, he's probably my favourite player in what is a very likeable Villa squad.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #3137 on: May 14, 2024, 08:52:46 PM »

Says it all for me.

Yep, fantastic summary, couldn’t agree more.

Offline pablo_picasso

• Disclaimer: I may appear more grumpy than I am.
  • GM : 17.11.2024
« Reply #3138 on: May 15, 2024, 01:13:39 PM »

Says it all for me.

Im with you on that... Couple of my Liverpool supporting mates were praising him as our best player the other night too, so he's getting noticed elsewhere too. (Not in a signing sort of way, just recognition of his brilliance.)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal