collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: NSWE Investment  (Read 666800 times)

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
Re: NSWE Investment
« Reply #2970 on: November 23, 2021, 12:58:28 PM »
You can't really blame anyone at £55 for upper Trinity absolute disgrace and just shows how out of touch the club are with so many games close together at Home and on Amazon the price is an absolute disgrace. Plus there's no Junior Prices in the central areas of Upper Trinity, strange.

Maybe they should have priced it fairly so that some of the apparent 20,000 desperate for a seat could come along.

Well given it will almost certainly sell out (or get very close), then plenty of the apparent 20,000 desperate for a seat will come along

Offline Pat Mustard

« Reply #2971 on: November 23, 2021, 01:07:49 PM »
Er isn’t this a natural bi product of 40000 people leaving a football stadium at virtually the same time like?
Well yes, but if you read the reports it sounds like the orgainisation is piss poor.  Trains shouldnn't be leaving half full when there's still huege queues waiting for them.

This has been a problem since the start of the season, and presumably is down to Travel West Midlands Covid response.  The queues that are allowed to build up at Aston station are ludicrous when the platforms are half empty, and then when a train does arrive there is a mad stampede up the stairs to get on before it leaves.  Far from making things safer they are creating a dangerous bottleneck.  I messaged them about it after the first game, but got no response and it's still going on.

As a wider issue though, public transport here is an absolute joke and beyond the club's control.  As plenty of other people have pointed out, you only have to go to a match on the continent to see how much better things are, but that is all down to lack of investment in a creaky infrastructure that is 100+ years old.  It's also something we will probably have to accept for a long time to come if we want to remain at Villa Park.  The existing roads and stations around the ground simply can't cope with the demand on a matchday when they were never designed for the majority of supporters to come from much beyond walking distance, and no-one from Government is going to put in the required funds to make things significantly better. 

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2972 on: November 23, 2021, 01:47:06 PM »
You can't really blame anyone at £55 for upper Trinity absolute disgrace and just shows how out of touch the club are with so many games close together at Home and on Amazon the price is an absolute disgrace. Plus there's no Junior Prices in the central areas of Upper Trinity, strange.

Maybe they should have priced it fairly so that some of the apparent 20,000 desperate for a seat could come along.

There's been no concessionary pricing in the middle of the UT (A4&5) since 2006. Same in the middle of the Upper Doug, I believe.

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #2973 on: November 23, 2021, 03:14:26 PM »

There's been no concessionary pricing in the middle of the UT (A4&5) since 2006. Same in the middle of the Upper Doug, I believe.

Did not know that.
Strange to have that in place as that alone would put off a family going. Seems slightly discriminatory

We should welcome all ages in all areas of the stadium. Bizzare

Offline The Edge

« Reply #2974 on: November 23, 2021, 03:19:17 PM »
Er isn’t this a natural bi product of 40000 people leaving a football stadium at virtually the same time like?
Well yes, but if you read the reports it sounds like the orgainisation is piss poor.  Trains shouldnn't be leaving half full when there's still huege queues waiting for them.

This has been a problem since the start of the season, and presumably is down to Travel West Midlands Covid response.  The queues that are allowed to build up at Aston station are ludicrous when the platforms are half empty, and then when a train does arrive there is a mad stampede up the stairs to get on before it leaves.  Far from making things safer they are creating a dangerous bottleneck.  I messaged them about it after the first game, but got no response and it's still going on.

As a wider issue though, public transport here is an absolute joke and beyond the club's control.  As plenty of other people have pointed out, you only have to go to a match on the continent to see how much better things are, but that is all down to lack of investment in a creaky infrastructure that is 100+ years old.  It's also something we will probably have to accept for a long time to come if we want to remain at Villa Park.  The existing roads and stations around the ground simply can't cope with the demand on a matchday when they were never designed for the majority of supporters to come from much beyond walking distance, and no-one from Government is going to put in the required funds to make things significantly better.
The bit about the dangerous bottleneck at Aston Station sounds alarming. Those staircases are very steep. Football fans, a mad stampede and very steep steps is not a good combination. If there was plenty of trains there wouldn't be any need to panic. Something needs to be done.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 03:24:05 PM by The Edge »

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #2975 on: November 23, 2021, 04:30:55 PM »
What about Witton station?

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #2976 on: November 23, 2021, 04:34:06 PM »
I dont know why you'd bother, it's only a 30 min walk back into town tops

Offline Sdwbvf

« Reply #2977 on: November 23, 2021, 04:56:03 PM »

Was well organised with 2 extra trains on Saturday. But there will still have been people waiting for over an hour.

What is the walk into town like for an out of towner?

Offline Lastfootstamper

« Reply #2978 on: November 23, 2021, 05:08:05 PM »
I dont know why you'd bother, it's only a 30 min walk back into town tops

I park where you do, I believe, by (what was) The Albion, and there's always plenty of folks already at the old central fire station by the time I drive past. If I'm not driving or I'm meeting people in town after, I've no qualms about walking back.

Offline selly park trinity

• GM : Jan, 2014
« Reply #2979 on: November 23, 2021, 05:24:11 PM »
Does all of the above maybe equate to the fact NSWE might be looking to relocate the ground? What with the lack of info regarding a stadium expansion? Just a thought

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #2980 on: November 23, 2021, 05:43:03 PM »
I saw the queues outside Witton station after Saturday's game and wondered how that had got so bad.

Maybe there's an argument for a return of the free buses from places like Redditch, Tamworth, etc that appeared during Lerner's custodianship to take pressure off the infrastructure. Not sure when those ceased.

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #2981 on: November 23, 2021, 06:01:55 PM »
Just had another look and to my horror the Leicester City match is also priced at £55 in the majority of remaining areas with NO CONCESSIONS . Absolute MADNESS . We should be encouraging the future,not pricing them out of a seat . Disgrace

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #2982 on: November 23, 2021, 06:18:32 PM »

Was well organised with 2 extra trains on Saturday. But there will still have been people waiting for over an hour.

What is the walk into town like for an out of towner?

Fairly straightforward but it’s probably closer to 45 minutes than 30 unless you’re particularly fit. Not a walk I’d recommend after a night game and you’ll be sucking in petrol fumes most of the way.

To those that drive has the clean air charge made much difference ?

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #2983 on: November 23, 2021, 06:35:19 PM »
A walk back to Star city is 30 minutes so a walk back to Brum centre is going to be longer than that unless you’re walking along with Katharine Merry

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #2984 on: November 23, 2021, 06:35:23 PM »
To those that drive has the clean air charge made much difference ?
Given that for petrol cars it seems anything under fifteen years old doesn't incur a charge, I'd imagine not.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal