collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ollie Watkins  (Read 431130 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Ollie Watkins
« Reply #2685 on: March 17, 2023, 10:56:37 AM »
Footy, there's nonsense, and then there's potentially libellous nonsense. Suggesting that only three England players aren't indecent is a really silly thing to say, and could get you and the site into trouble.

Offline placeforparks

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2686 on: March 17, 2023, 11:02:45 AM »
The horse-faced twat doesn't like to offend anyone. Very 'lick arse' and politically correct.

You're Lee Anderson, and I claim my 30p

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #2687 on: March 17, 2023, 11:05:43 AM »
The horse-faced twat doesn't like to offend anyone. Very 'lick arse' and politically correct.

The thought of having to tell anyone 'I am no longer picking you because you are crap' does not appeal to him.

Pretty sure no England manager in history would have said that to anyone.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #2688 on: March 17, 2023, 11:08:54 AM »
I honestly can't get that worked up about Southgate and England, it just doesn't really matter to me.

Yes, I want them to win at a tournament, but even in the Euro final when we lost I just made a cup of tea and that was it. I'd have been devastated for days had that happened to us.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #2689 on: March 17, 2023, 12:52:38 PM »
Glad Watkins not in the squad. If he got injured in a 10 minute cameo, we'd be stuffed.

Very good point. Thank you Gareth, love you.

There is still a chance of Watkins being called up to the squad with players becoming available after the weekend matches.
Chief causes would be injury.
That inevitably happens.
Even so Gregg Evans technically got it wrong with his Watkins and Mings call up

Hang on, how can ITK Gregg Evans not be ITK?

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #2690 on: March 17, 2023, 12:55:38 PM »
Footy, there's nonsense, and then there's potentially libellous nonsense. Suggesting that only three England players aren't indecent is a really silly thing to say, and could get you and the site into trouble.

Nah, not if you look at what the person using that term deems to be indecent...... :-)

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #2691 on: March 17, 2023, 01:24:26 PM »
There is still a chance of Watkins being called up to the squad with players becoming available after the weekend matches.
Chief causes would be injury.
That inevitably happens.
Even so Gregg Evans technically got it wrong with his Watkins and Mings call up

Hang on, how can ITK Gregg Evans not be ITK?

Only Footy thought Gregg writing an opinion piece that Watkins and Mings deserve a call up on current form for them compared to others, was Gregg being ITK about the team selection.

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #2692 on: March 17, 2023, 01:25:34 PM »

Nah, not if you look at what the person using that term deems to be indecent...... :-)

I expect Kane might have been to Dublin in the past.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #2693 on: March 17, 2023, 01:29:18 PM »

The thought of having to tell anyone 'I am no longer picking you because you are crap' does not appeal to him.

Hence, same old shit, again and again.  >:(

All that makes his selection of Toney all the more strange. On form, sure Toney is ahead maybe marginally of Watkins. Selections of Phillips, Gallagher and Mount suggest form isn't what Southgate particularly values anyway. Phillips is a figure of fun for Man City fans!

Mings has a much stronger case for me. He has been solid in the main all season for us. Dier and Maguire have been poor and/or out of favour for their clubs. Don't think Guehi is much better than Mings either.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #2694 on: March 17, 2023, 01:35:03 PM »
I can only assume Eric Dismal has compromising pictures of Southgate or summat.

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2695 on: March 17, 2023, 01:46:33 PM »
The North London Yacouba Sylla.

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #2696 on: March 17, 2023, 02:06:31 PM »
I've never supported England and never will. I follow Scotland and Poland. But the current bunch of players seem much more likeable and articulate than previous teams - particularly the Terry era.

I think it's a mixed bag, as ever. You'd hardly say that Grealish or Kane are especially articulate, and then you've got Kyle Walker exposing himself in a nightclub.

True, and Walker seems particularly unpleasant. But a core of the young players have excelled themselves off the pitch in pretty difficult circumstances. Southgate is  prick mind.

Rashford and Saka are decent lads. Even without the betting stuff, Toney looks a bit of an arse to me.
Literally Rashford, Saka and Kane are the only players who don't do indecency off the field. The rest of that squad players have all some indiscretion one way or another. Jordan Henderson and Declan Rice habe improved themselevs and all the players have improved their responsibilities but they don't really compare to Rashford Saka and Kane who are exceptional and great role models.

Huh?

Bellingham, Gallagher, Stones, Mount, TAA, Dier, Pope, Phillips, etc.. all troublemakers then? If they've done anything enlighten us..

Online Exeter 77

« Reply #2697 on: March 17, 2023, 02:18:31 PM »
Eric Dier is a misspelt case of nominative determinism.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #2698 on: March 17, 2023, 02:24:50 PM »
I must admit I'm curious to know who the manager is who would have not just equalled everything Southgate has done in major tournaments but surpassed it.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #2699 on: March 17, 2023, 02:47:43 PM »
I must admit I'm curious to know who the manager is who would have not just equalled everything Southgate has done in major tournaments but surpassed it.

Mike Basset fo sho mofo.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal