collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Stuart Griffin - Cheltenhamlion  (Read 16012 times)

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2024
Re: Stuart Griffin - Cheltenhamlion
« Reply #240 on: March 03, 2024, 09:24:20 PM »
Thanks so much for sharing Dave. That makes missing out due to being over in Germany for a few days for this documentary feel a bit less tricky, Iím so glad to hear Stuís wife so valued our communityís contribution/support.

Would have been great to see the Villa Chaplain in action (though Iíd probably have been sizing him up, thatís staring to be a fantasy role for me!).

I canít help but think of a banner in the Johan Cruyff Arena would be a fitting H&V send off, though I guess you canít really guarantee what gets seen onít telly & maybe Villa Park would be more fitting/visibleÖ has anyone considered anything?

We get a lot of applause on certain minutes stuff, I suppose it would be important for family to feel they want/want to witness anythingÖ

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2024
Re: Stuart Griffin - Cheltenhamlion
« Reply #241 on: March 03, 2024, 09:25:39 PM »
Such a privilege to read that again, Dave. Still doesn't seem real.

It doesn't. I still remember having the longest telephone conversation of my life with him when he went out of his way to help me find alternative employment when my teaching contract was not renewed in 2017. A class act and gesture. Somewhere on my laptop or back-up HDD I have a full copy of his interview with the BBC for the FA Cup feature we were involved in. Could someone ask his family if it would be appropriate for me to upload it to YouTube if there is any interest and I can find it?

Thatís a fab idea Lee.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal