collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ollie Watkins  (Read 466610 times)

Online villadelph

• @villadelph
Re: Ollie Watkins
« Reply #2670 on: March 16, 2023, 11:09:38 PM »
The yes man of all yes men.  Articulate and clean, which is why the FA stick with him.

Well...also because he's never done badly enough to warrant his removal and there hasn't been an obvious alternative at any point when he would have been replaced.

Turn that on its head Dave.  What on earth did he actually do to warrant getting the job in the first place?  There are plenty of others out there who would fancy the role, I'm sure, but England is for the English, it seems with this FA.
I can't stand the FA or Southgate as a coach but it's a fact that no country has ever won the World Cup with a foreign coach.

Give it to Dean.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #2671 on: March 16, 2023, 11:38:26 PM »
Both of the following are true:

1) Southgate has done a perfectly decent job as England manager
2) Southgate could have done a better job as England manager
1 is like being praised for finding a bucket of water in the middle of an ocean.

Ha! Isn't it just. Southgate is an utter scrotum

Offline LeonW

« Reply #2672 on: March 17, 2023, 05:47:07 AM »
I always think that when people analyse Southgate they should think of Marc Wilmots and the job he did with Belgium. He got them to levels in tournaments they hadn’t got to since the 1980’s, but that’s missing the point, which is that he should have done much, much better with the talent pool available than he did. It’s exactly the same with Southgate. And just like Wilmots, he’s incapable of learning from his mistakes. Some might think right now, that Southgate has done well, but in time, they will come to realise that he really didn’t do as much as could have and think what might have been.

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #2673 on: March 17, 2023, 06:55:04 AM »
Southgate just isn’t brave enough. Rashford was in superb form leading up to the World Cup and played him once, which he scored. Similar to the Euros with Grealish, a player in the form of his life and snubbed constantly.

He’s too safe for my liking at that level.

Online nigel

« Reply #2674 on: March 17, 2023, 07:41:31 AM »
Southgate just isn’t brave enough. Rashford was in superb form leading up to the World Cup and played him once, which he scored. Similar to the Euros with Grealish, a player in the form of his life and snubbed constantly.

Definitely, and it cost England the Euros.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #2675 on: March 17, 2023, 08:16:20 AM »

Definitely, and it cost England the Euros.
Im losing interest in Engerland as i get older, my son castigated me after the WC QF for not caring enough when they got knocked out, i was actually very very hungover after my work xmas doo. So e of this growing disinterest is age i think, but some of is down to the frustration with Southgate and in particular his hypocrisy. Bringing Grealish on with what 8 mins to go in the Euro final, when it was crying out for him, after bringing him on and then off in the semi final, after he arguably changed the direction of the game, just smelt of Southgate not wanting Grealish to be the centre of attention. Bringing Rashford on for a minute to take a penalty cold, letting a very young Saka take such an important penalty instead of the likes of Grealish, just all really shit management.
I quite liked his apparent sincerity and niceness at first, made a change from the huge egos at play in the premier league. But its bullshit, he lies and moves the goal posts constantly about players need to do to get in the squad and in particular the team. Maguire, Dier, Mount, Phillips, even Grealish becoming a regular last year when not even in Man Citys side. Just a waste of a weekend when id rather be watching Emerys Villa.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #2676 on: March 17, 2023, 08:39:47 AM »
I concur with Rand B, I dislike Southgate and I dislike this crop of England players Saka is a nasty cheating little twat, Greasy is a wanker etc.
I used to be an England supporter and have travelled away with them but now I just don’t give a f***

Offline WarszaVillan

• GM : 06.10.2023
« Reply #2677 on: March 17, 2023, 09:00:02 AM »
I've never supported England and never will. I follow Scotland and Poland. But the current bunch of players seem much more likeable and articulate than previous teams - particularly the Terry era.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #2678 on: March 17, 2023, 09:06:03 AM »
I've never supported England and never will. I follow Scotland and Poland. But the current bunch of players seem much more likeable and articulate than previous teams - particularly the Terry era.

I think it's a mixed bag, as ever. You'd hardly say that Grealish or Kane are especially articulate, and then you've got Kyle Walker exposing himself in a nightclub.

Offline WarszaVillan

• GM : 06.10.2023
« Reply #2679 on: March 17, 2023, 09:32:18 AM »

I think it's a mixed bag, as ever. You'd hardly say that Grealish or Kane are especially articulate, and then you've got Kyle Walker exposing himself in a nightclub.

True, and Walker seems particularly unpleasant. But a core of the young players have excelled themselves off the pitch in pretty difficult circumstances. Southgate is  prick mind.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #2680 on: March 17, 2023, 09:37:37 AM »
Harry Maguire also well acquainted with the Greek legal system IIRC.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #2681 on: March 17, 2023, 09:40:23 AM »

True, and Walker seems particularly unpleasant. But a core of the young players have excelled themselves off the pitch in pretty difficult circumstances. Southgate is  prick mind.

Rashford and Saka are decent lads. Even without the betting stuff, Toney looks a bit of an arse to me.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #2682 on: March 17, 2023, 09:59:58 AM »
I can’t stand the horse-faced twat.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #2683 on: March 17, 2023, 10:23:54 AM »

Rashford and Saka are decent lads. Even without the betting stuff, Toney looks a bit of an arse to me.
Literally Rashford, Saka and Kane are the only players who are really the best behaved off the field. The rest of that squad players have all some indiscretion one way or another. Jordan Henderson and Declan Rice habe improved themselevs and all the players have improved their responsibilities but they don't really compare to Rashford Saka and Kane who are exceptional and great role models.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2023, 05:05:59 PM by Footy-Vill »

Online Baldy

« Reply #2684 on: March 17, 2023, 10:29:19 AM »
The horse-faced twat doesn't like to offend anyone. Very 'lick arse' and politically correct.

The thought of having to tell anyone 'I am no longer picking you because you are crap' does not appeal to him.

Hence, same old shit, again and again.  >:(
« Last Edit: March 17, 2023, 10:30:50 AM by Baldy »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal