collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ollie Watkins  (Read 467899 times)

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
Re: Ollie Watkins
« Reply #2625 on: March 16, 2023, 04:03:01 PM »
He really is a horse-faced twat.

Southgate, not LeeB.

Ha! Anyway, for clarity click link below...

https://twitter.com/TheVillaPodcast/status/1636369907494551552?t=KamE7NP83t8PkpxIG_LjlA&s=19

Offline Paul.S

« Reply #2626 on: March 16, 2023, 04:11:07 PM »
Southgate has said we lack depth and that’s why he continually picks the same players. It’s not what he said in 2017 so I guess England will go into the future with the same core group of players and coach who’ve failed when the going gets tough. If Maguire, Dyer, Gallagher and Phillips are the best we’ve got then English football needs to have a long hard look at itself.

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #2627 on: March 16, 2023, 04:27:25 PM »
Southgate is the MON of the England men's team. The strengths he has help him overcome his weaknesses right up to the crucial final step - but it's those weaknesses which stop him from taking that.

Mind you, a couple of penalties away from the Euros is not a terrible record, or down to the coach at all really.

It is down to him as his team should never have had to go to penalties. He's a liability.

That Italy team were on a proper roll, going to penalties with them was hardly like some sort of disgraceful cup upset. They were the favourites!

Online astonvilla82

« Reply #2628 on: March 16, 2023, 04:29:53 PM »
Southgate has said we lack depth and that’s why he continually picks the same players. It’s not what he said in 2017 so I guess England will go into the future with the same core group of players and coach who’ve failed when the going gets tough. If Maguire, Dyer, Gallagher and Phillips are the best we’ve got then English football needs to have a long hard look at itself.
He's full of bullshit

Offline Russ aka Big Nose

« Reply #2629 on: March 16, 2023, 04:30:49 PM »
Southgate is the MON of the England men's team. The strengths he has help him overcome his weaknesses right up to the crucial final step - but it's those weaknesses which stop him from taking that.

Mind you, a couple of penalties away from the Euros is not a terrible record, or down to the coach at all really.

It is down to him as his team should never have had to go to penalties. He's a liability.

That Italy team were on a proper roll, going to penalties with them was hardly like some sort of disgraceful cup upset. They were the favourites!
Though we were 1-0 up after a minute, at home in a packed Wembley. And, led by Southgate, the team failed to register another single shot on target.

Online Monty

« Reply #2630 on: March 16, 2023, 04:33:24 PM »

Though we were 1-0 up after a minute, at home in a packed Wembley. And, led by Southgate, the team failed to register another single shot on target.

Fair, but we're still talking about facing the (eventual) favourites for the competition.

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #2631 on: March 16, 2023, 04:35:09 PM »
He's full of bullshit

You just cannot believe anything he says anymore. He waffled on Grealish, he's stubborn with Maguire, he valued game time then backtracked, he valued club standing then backtracked. It pisses us off as supporters but imagine being part of the youth setup having no fucking clue what the expectation is to get to the top.

He's not a manager - these players train with real coaches for 99% of their lives and show up to kick a ball around with some friends in blue shirts on England duty. If you let Southgate treat it like his own personal club, then this is what you get.

Just laugh at him, because everyone else is.

Offline Paul.S

« Reply #2632 on: March 16, 2023, 04:36:10 PM »
He's full of bullshit

He’s the coach so he can pick who he wants but  I’d say he’s regretting making comments about picking players who are in form. What an about turn he’s made from that comment to picking players who can’t even get in their club team.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #2633 on: March 16, 2023, 04:45:52 PM »
Both of the following are true:

1) Southgate has done a perfectly decent job as England manager
2) Southgate could have done a better job as England manager

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #2634 on: March 16, 2023, 04:46:45 PM »
Gregg Evans says Watkins (and Mings) deserve an England call up. I think he's hinting at something, and I know some maybe not sure to trust him as being in the know but could well seem accurate here

Some maybe not trust him as being in the know.

TBF, Gregg Evans was just posting his opinion that they deserve call-ups. I don't think anyone other then you thought he was hinting at something. If a journalist was ITK, or trying to make people believe they were, it is normally positioned as  "Sources have said....." rather then his wording posted here.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #2635 on: March 16, 2023, 04:46:45 PM »
Both of the following are true:

1) Southgate has done a perfectly decent job as England manager
2) Southgate could have done a better job as England manager

3) Gareth Southgate is a twat

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #2636 on: March 16, 2023, 04:50:26 PM »

Are you on about the same team that failed miserably by not qualifying for the WC22?

Online Monty

« Reply #2637 on: March 16, 2023, 04:51:58 PM »
It's why I said 'on a roll' - believe me I know all about the bizarre collapse thereafter.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #2638 on: March 16, 2023, 04:53:21 PM »
Duran and Buendia called up for their squads
That’s terrible pick by the Argentinian coach, he should have stuck to players who were in the WC like our Gareth despite the fact that he WON the WC.

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #2639 on: March 16, 2023, 05:02:11 PM »

Fair, but we're still talking about facing the (eventual) favourites for the competition.

I'm assuming you meant on the day, before the competition they were 11/1 and last of the "main" country teams. Although even on the day the bookies were showing England as very slight favourites although obvious bias as English bookies.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal