collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by algy
[Today at 01:05:47 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ducksworthy
[Today at 01:01:39 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by devilla
[Today at 01:00:58 PM]

Gordon Cowans by Flamingo Lane
[Today at 12:56:46 PM]

Happy Easter everyone - Wolves at home by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:46:19 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:23:44 PM]

Champions League Contention by AV82EC
[Today at 12:09:23 PM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ollie Watkins  (Read 431704 times)

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: Ollie Watkins
« Reply #2640 on: March 16, 2023, 05:03:12 PM »
I sure do, hence the word 'eventual'.

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #2641 on: March 16, 2023, 05:09:20 PM »
I sure do, hence the word 'eventual'.

That was in your second post, not the first. I suspect in England, they because 'eventual' favourites in the second half.

Online Monty

« Reply #2642 on: March 16, 2023, 05:16:43 PM »
Ah, well m'lud, I stand by the latter statement, and if God is just I will be acquitted of all wrongdoing.

Online SamTheMouse

• Location: The Land of the Fragrant Founders of Human Rights, Fine Wines & Bikinis
  • GM : 03.11.2024
« Reply #2643 on: March 16, 2023, 05:18:44 PM »
Both of the following are true:

1) Southgate has done a perfectly decent job as England manager
2) Southgate could have done a better job as England manager

This is clearly true, but it doesn't make for a fun debate. That's why it's important for at least some of us to keep calling Southgate a twat.

When Potter replaces him, he'll get the same treatment. Although we won't be able to use the epithet "horseface", which is a shame because it's childishly amusing.

Online Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #2644 on: March 16, 2023, 05:22:47 PM »
Southgate is the MON of the England men's team. The strengths he has help him overcome his weaknesses right up to the crucial final step - but it's those weaknesses which stop him from taking that.

Mind you, a couple of penalties away from the Euros is not a terrible record, or down to the coach at all really.

It is down to him as his team should never have had to go to penalties. He's a liability.

That Italy team were on a proper roll, going to penalties with them was hardly like some sort of disgraceful cup upset. They were the favourites!
Though we were 1-0 up after a minute, at home in a packed Wembley. And, led by Southgate, the team failed to register another single shot on target.

I absolutely agree.  We have never had a better chance and Southgate managed to grab defeat from the jaws of victory.  The yes man of all yes men.  Articulate and clean, which is why the FA stick with him.  We are creativeless, unimaginative and yet we have the strongest league in the world.  Go figure.   Southgate is a failed ****** who managed one tournament win with the kids. Wanker.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #2645 on: March 16, 2023, 05:24:10 PM »
Southgate is the MON of the England men's team. The strengths he has help him overcome his weaknesses right up to the crucial final step - but it's those weaknesses which stop him from taking that.

Mind you, a couple of penalties away from the Euros is not a terrible record, or down to the coach at all really.

It is down to him as his team should never have had to go to penalties. He's a liability.

That Italy team were on a proper roll, going to penalties with them was hardly like some sort of disgraceful cup upset. They were the favourites!

The same Italy team that 6 months later failed to qualify for the World Cup? England under Southgate have generally been mind numbingly dull despite him having so long and so much talent to play with.

Online Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #2646 on: March 16, 2023, 05:26:29 PM »
I see Toney and Walker are in the squad.  One of them got his cock out and the other one put a bet on it. 

Online Monty

« Reply #2647 on: March 16, 2023, 05:29:48 PM »

The same Italy team that 6 months later failed to qualify for the World Cup? England under Southgate have generally been mind numbingly dull despite him having so long and so much talent to play with.

I refer the Hon. Gent. to my earlier statement:

It's why I said 'on a roll' - believe me I know all about the bizarre collapse thereafter.

(Not sure why I'm in both court and Parliament but whatever.)

I do agree that Southgate is an inadequate, but I also think he's basically lucked his way to adequate-looking failures. The random, magic-8-ball nature of international tournaments can do that to a reputation sadly.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #2648 on: March 16, 2023, 05:31:33 PM »
Ok, so Toney comes off the bench, gets an outstanding hat trick and looks like the second coming.

Then he gets banned from football for 6 months.

I think you're giving yourself a headache you didn't need to. Why not wait until he's completed whatever punishment comes down?

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2649 on: March 16, 2023, 05:32:18 PM »
Glad Watkins not in the squad. If he got injured in a 10 minute cameo, we'd be stuffed.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #2650 on: March 16, 2023, 05:34:25 PM »
Glad Watkins not in the squad. If he got injured in a 10 minute cameo, we'd be stuffed.

Yeah, good point.

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
« Reply #2651 on: March 16, 2023, 05:50:33 PM »
Ollie is best off out of Southgate and his masterplan anyway.
So he gets 5 minutes, maybe here and there, where he could be working on his game with us which is going well btw.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #2652 on: March 16, 2023, 05:53:08 PM »
The yes man of all yes men.  Articulate and clean, which is why the FA stick with him.

Well...also because he's never done badly enough to warrant his removal and there hasn't been an obvious alternative at any point when he would have been replaced.

Online dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #2653 on: March 16, 2023, 05:53:38 PM »
I've called out Southgate for being a duplicitous twat, Today's selection just enhances that.

Offline frank black

« Reply #2654 on: March 16, 2023, 05:57:25 PM »
The yes man of all yes men.  Articulate and clean, which is why the FA stick with him.

Well...also because he's never done badly enough to warrant his removal and there hasn't been an obvious alternative at any point when he would have been replaced.

TBF he wasn’t an obvious choice for the England role. I agree he hasn’t done enough to be sacked. Just wasted a lot of opportunities to do something successful. It’s frustrating as hell, as I believe that he’s completely useless when it comes to the big games.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal