collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by ChicagoLion
[Today at 10:54:17 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Nev
[Today at 10:25:19 AM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Baldy
[Today at 10:14:15 AM]

Gordon Cowans by Des Little
[Today at 10:12:59 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: NSWE Investment  (Read 622162 times)

Offline Rory

• GM : PCM
Re: NSWE Investment
« Reply #2385 on: August 05, 2021, 12:07:28 AM »
The only door I hope this opens for Jack's agent is one into a vat of acid.

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2024
« Reply #2386 on: August 05, 2021, 12:53:34 AM »
It’s clear that these guys (by that I mean the owners & management team) knew Jacks intentions some time ago, as we’re seeing now with the speed we are recruiting. First class ownership in action.
Well there has been alleged ITK that they were v well prepared for staying or going, also an allegation that Jack said for two months he was signing then then did a 180 degree turn.

So I’d suggest it smells of exquisitely good contingency planning rather than knowing all along. Even the kit launch, I think they are honourable enough not to fleece kids shirts with JG on whilst knowing he was going, I think at that point they were believe the earlier promise or at least hopeful.

Again the alleged ITK that he was narked by being used in the kit launch as he thought it was all up in the air still. (Maybe it was even a game plan to encourage his loyalty.

Could all be rubbish but makes sense.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #2387 on: August 05, 2021, 06:41:13 AM »
Active is one thing, spending the £140 million they’d get for Kane quite another. They’ll spend less than half that imo.
I'd be a little wary about Spuds and the Kane money. No that we have Ings, I wonder whether Watkins could be persuaded back to the Smoke.
Gods knows, I hope not but it is a scenario.

Offline passport1

• "I'm a believer mate"
« Reply #2388 on: August 05, 2021, 08:52:29 AM »
It’s clear that these guys (by that I mean the owners & management team) knew Jacks intentions some time ago, as we’re seeing now with the speed we are recruiting. First class ownership in action.
Well there has been alleged ITK that they were v well prepared for staying or going, also an allegation that Jack said for two months he was signing then then did a 180 degree turn.

So I’d suggest it smells of exquisitely good contingency planning rather than knowing all along. Even the kit launch, I think they are honourable enough not to fleece kids shirts with JG on whilst knowing he was going, I think at that point they were believe the earlier promise or at least hopeful.

Again the alleged ITK that he was narked by being used in the kit launch as he thought it was all up in the air still. (Maybe it was even a game plan to encourage his loyalty.

Could all be rubbish but makes sense.

I used to know someone who worked in f1 a few years back . The team were doing well with an up and coming driver who was very popular with the fans. I said to him that they must be very optimistic  about the next season. To my astonishment he revealed that the driver wouldn't be with them. They were getting someone else in who brought bigger sponsorship with him. The owner regularly raved about the incumbent  until of course the ' shock' news of the driver change was announced.

In my experience by the time fans get the true story the owners/ management have been aware of it for some considerable time.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #2389 on: August 05, 2021, 01:53:40 PM »
Code: [Select]
In my experience by the time fans get the true story the owners/ management have been aware of it for some considerable time.
That is in all walks of life, especially business where very rarely is anything left to chance

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #2390 on: August 05, 2021, 03:44:03 PM »
Active is one thing, spending the £140 million they’d get for Kane quite another. They’ll spend less than half that imo.
I'd be a little wary about Spuds and the Kane money. No that we have Ings, I wonder whether Watkins could be persuaded back to the Smoke.

Even if that was to happen with £140 mil to spend and them needing a striker we would be pulling in a huge fee

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2391 on: August 05, 2021, 03:49:43 PM »
I'd like to add to my earleir comments about what should and shouldn't be included in any club statement about Grealish.

I would like Nas or Wes or both to say something along the lines of 'where we are heading we don't want quitters on board' and just leave it there.

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #2392 on: August 05, 2021, 04:12:34 PM »

Even if that was to happen with £140 mil to spend and them needing a striker we would be pulling in a huge fee

Watkins is not a 'lad' like the turncoat, he has a young family

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #2393 on: August 05, 2021, 08:28:16 PM »
Proof the owners did not lie down.

Offline mike

« Reply #2394 on: August 05, 2021, 11:17:52 PM »
I do hope they intend to invest a significant amount on top of the Ratboy money. I suspect they do.

Offline Colhint

• GM : 02.12.2016
« Reply #2395 on: August 05, 2021, 11:25:12 PM »
yup these owners are good. They bought us when we were on Old Kent Road, Now we are somewhere between Vine St and Leicester sq. Losing jack is your first dice is a 2 so we don't want to land on a fine, but land on Piccadilly and we're on the fringe of Europe.

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #2396 on: August 05, 2021, 11:27:32 PM »
Proof the owners did not lie down.
From Purslow's broadcast earlier tonight, it's clear that Grealish was eyeing a move even when he put pen to paper on his new deal last September. Fortunately, the board had the foresight to set a (high) value for the release clause. I doubt Lerner or Dr Tony's people would have had the sense to do the same.

Onwards and upwards now. Grealish = Yorke = Platt = Gray. We'll improve on last season's eleventh place finish.

BTW, thanks for your efforts, Jack. Could have been a legend. Now will be merely a footnote in the history of two clubs. Maybe more.

richtheholtender

« Reply #2397 on: August 05, 2021, 11:32:29 PM »
Given there is no ratboy thread anymore I'd like to state that I hope he doesn't return again. Not at 31,32,33 and so on. Door firmly closed, don't come back.

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #2398 on: August 05, 2021, 11:34:34 PM »
Given there is no ratboy thread anymore I'd like to state that I hope he doesn't return again. Not at 31,32,33 and so on. Door firmly closed, don't come back.
I agree with that sentiment.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #2399 on: August 06, 2021, 12:12:51 AM »
Me too.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal