collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: NSWE Investment  (Read 673719 times)

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
Re: NSWE Investment
« Reply #2355 on: August 04, 2021, 10:45:50 AM »
This is the first big test for me.

Once we settled down after the takeover it was always a matter of time before we got promoted.

Some questionable signings in 2019 but we stayed up just and now two years on you can see the logic with some of those like Konsa who needed time to find their feet looking like really good premier league players. Kept faith with DS aswell which we all debated to death during 19/20.

Now the big achilles heel....replacing a key player who gets sold and frustratingly it's our best one by a mile rather than say a very good one like McGinn who'd be more expendable with what we have in the squad.

We failed dismally to do it in 2010/11 period when Young, Milner and Downing all left and dropped down 10 places in two seasons. That happens again and we get relegated.

Summer of 2015 we were bad but we didn't have to be 17 points bad, again thinking Gestede could replace Benteke was completely laughable.

We still need more signings to give the fans some hope as this will leave a massive void and will be big frustration in the stands if we don't get off to a good start so this to me is where they show they're better than Lerner in a key point in our rise up the table.

When we sold Yorke we signed Dublin and Merson within the next two months and actually improved for the next 18 months so that's the sort of thinking we need, get in a top european playmaker or goalscoring midfielder to rejig things and we should still have a top half team but it gets tougher now in post Grealish era.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #2356 on: August 04, 2021, 10:47:11 AM »
If they're still going to spend money best do it now before Spurs get their hands on the £150m for Kane.

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #2357 on: August 04, 2021, 10:47:52 AM »
If you sell one of your talented players to a rival then you're not really looking to challenge them. I'm just hoping NSWE have maxxed out knowing Jack has ongoing serious injury concerns. Going forwards NSWE will be judged by their statement signings and not just their pick-ups from championship/lower PL clubs.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #2358 on: August 04, 2021, 10:51:15 AM »
If you sell one of your talented players to a rival then you're not really looking to challenge them. I'm just hoping NSWE have maxxed out knowing Jack has ongoing serious injury concerns. Going forwards NSWE will be judged by their statement signings and not just their pick-ups from championship/lower PL clubs.

Leicester in last 3/4 years have sold players to Man. United and Chelsea, they've finished what a point or two off them in last two seasons and beat Chelsea in fa cup final so they know what they're doing and don't panic and just sign random mugs to replace world class talent.

Todd Cantwell isn't a bad player but feels like the sort which will have other clubs sniggering if we sign him and laud him as some sort of Grealish replacement, someone like Damsgaard would be much more exciting if that's a serious link.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #2359 on: August 04, 2021, 10:51:22 AM »

Liverpool sold them Sterling, so it can be done.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #2360 on: August 04, 2021, 10:53:12 AM »
Yep. If you reinvest right we can take a big step forward. Let’s be honest we’re not direct rivals of Citeh at this time. We need to make that step forward before we can be that.

Offline Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #2361 on: August 04, 2021, 10:53:40 AM »
I have way more faith in these owners to make the right choices when it comes to reinvesting compared to previous regimes. We never had the right backroom setup even when lerner was splashing the cash, thanks mainly to MON's fetish for right backs etc. They've done almost everything right so far, so for me there is more than enough credit in the bank to trust them to continue the upward trajectory even with this setback.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #2362 on: August 04, 2021, 11:01:23 AM »
Yep. If you reinvest right we can take a big step forward. Let’s be honest we’re not direct rivals of Citeh at this time. We need to make that step forward before we can be that.

Think key now is can we finish above someone like Spurs next season? We beat them right at the end of the season and played very well and we were 5-6 points off them in the table so not much of a gulf after 38 games really.

And their best player by a mile is on strike wanting his medals from City aswell. Will come down to how well they spend whatever they get from Kane as they struggled for two seasons after selling Bale in 2013 in similar circumstances.

Would be horrible though if they somehow managed to wrangle another 12 months out of Kane as we'd have next to no chance of finishing above them so wouldn't be finishing that high in top half. I'd be reaching Ads levels if that happened!

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #2363 on: August 04, 2021, 11:20:40 AM »
Spurs have huge problems financially. They’ll sell Kane and no doubt get top dollar  but not reinvest it all.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #2364 on: August 04, 2021, 11:23:55 AM »
I have way more faith in these owners to make the right choices when it comes to reinvesting compared to previous regimes. We never had the right backroom setup even when lerner was splashing the cash, thanks mainly to MON's fetish for right backs etc. They've done almost everything right so far, so for me there is more than enough credit in the bank to trust them to continue the upward trajectory even with this setback.

Agreed. They have barely put a foot wrong since saving us. I don’t even blame them in the slightest for this. They’ve done all they can to strengthen us and keep Jack. He’s massively let them and us down

Online Demitri_C

« Reply #2365 on: August 04, 2021, 11:31:44 AM »
Dont blame the owners this was jacks decison not theirs.

They will invest the money wisely i ahve no doubt about that.

Be absolutely hilarous if city get banned from europe for 5 years and jacks stuck there while we qualify

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #2366 on: August 04, 2021, 11:55:32 AM »
Spurs have huge problems financially. They’ll sell Kane and no doubt get top dollar  but not reinvest it all.

They're signing a very good CB from Serie A for 40m so still active regardless of Kane.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11675/12371997/tottenham-transfer-news-spurs-agree-deal-to-sign-atalanta-defender-cristian-romero

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #2367 on: August 04, 2021, 11:57:40 AM »
Active is one thing, spending the £140 million they’d get for Kane quite another. They’ll spend less than half that imo.

Offline Behind Bluenose Lines

• Location: Hanging on in Quiet Desperation During a Global Pandemic
  • GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #2368 on: August 04, 2021, 12:02:20 PM »
Active is one thing, spending the £140 million they’d get for Kane quite another. They’ll spend less than half that imo.
I'd imagine they still trying to pay off the new ground. Despite today's events, I'd rather be in our position than Spurs: they'll be bogged down financially for years, like Arsenal.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #2369 on: August 04, 2021, 12:09:59 PM »
Dont blame the owners this was jacks decison not theirs.

They will invest the money wisely i ahve no doubt about that.

Be absolutely hilarous if city get banned from europe for 5 years and jacks stuck there while we qualify

I think this is a key point. It appears that NSWE did all they could to persuade Jack to stay, and it looks like they were following through with the vision they gave to him last October. They didn't change. He did.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal