collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Re: Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Re: Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Villan For Life
[Today at 06:38:03 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by IFWaters
[Today at 06:20:45 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: NSWE Investment  (Read 622054 times)

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Re: NSWE Investment
« Reply #3285 on: December 01, 2021, 10:29:09 PM »
what's the point anymore? Aston Villa, the original super club. Biggest club in the Midlands. Former European champions. Now, stuck in a game where what counts is that your billionaire owner has more billions than the next billionaire owner.

Everything that has happened today has been a real reminder of how crap the modern game is and why I just don't know why anybody should bother with it.

The obvious contradiction with that is that our particular billionaire owners have more money than all but three other billionaire owners in the English game.
Yeah but at the same time the investment we have made is more sustainable - investment throughout the whole club.  Pep has spent nearly a billion pounds on a team that had already won the league.  Buying players like joe have who they don’t need just cos they can - the likes of them and maybe Newcastle are playing a different game - one that’s about building the owners reputation for when oil isn’t the world currency

Yeah, i don't disagree with any of that really, but just saying, if we think the billionaire thing is bad, think about the tens and tens of clubs to whom we are a moneyed bunch of interlopers

Offline TonyD

« Reply #3286 on: December 01, 2021, 10:32:02 PM »
what's the point anymore? Aston Villa, the original super club. Biggest club in the Midlands. Former European champions. Now, stuck in a game where what counts is that your billionaire owner has more billions than the next billionaire owner.

Everything that has happened today has been a real reminder of how crap the modern game is and why I just don't know why anybody should bother with it.

The obvious contradiction with that is that our particular billionaire owners have more money than all but three other billionaire owners in the English game.
Yeah but at the same time the investment we have made is more sustainable - investment throughout the whole club.  Pep has spent nearly a billion pounds on a team that had already won the league.  Buying players like joe have who they don’t need just cos they can - the likes of them and maybe Newcastle are playing a different game - one that’s about building the owners reputation for when oil isn’t the world currency
Thing is  - at this level  -  the key is the right manager.  Pep ain’t all that. Just always had great  players. 

Offline Villan82

« Reply #3287 on: December 01, 2021, 10:34:56 PM »
From the moment that bloody tweet was sent it has been a sobering day.

What tweet was that?

The official club twitter put out a montage of Joe Grealish and said we all welcomed him back to Villa park tonight!

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #3288 on: December 01, 2021, 10:35:36 PM »
How could they possibly think that tweet was a good idea?

Offline Beard82

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #3289 on: December 01, 2021, 10:39:57 PM »

Yeah, i don't disagree with any of that really, but just saying, if we think the billionaire thing is bad, think about the tens and tens of clubs to whom we are a moneyed bunch of interlopers
Yeah I agree - although as a club we seem to be a bit more grounded into our history.  That’s why I wanted dean and joe to lead us to success as it had some integrity about it. 

Offline Billy Walker

« Reply #3290 on: December 01, 2021, 11:32:15 PM »
From the moment that bloody tweet was sent it has been a sobering day.

What tweet was that?

The official club twitter put out a montage of Joe Grealish and said we all welcomed him back to Villa park tonight!

Ah, yes - not a great idea in my humble opinion.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #3291 on: December 01, 2021, 11:32:42 PM »
What has really fucking pissed me off all through today is this idea that we're some sort of feeder team and should be grateful that we had the opportunity to train up a player until one of the proper clubs wanted him. And what has really, REALLY fucking pissed me off is that the worst culprits have been some of our own supporters. 

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #3292 on: December 02, 2021, 12:25:30 AM »
What has really fucking pissed me off all through today is this idea that we're some sort of feeder team and should be grateful that we had the opportunity to train up a player until one of the proper clubs wanted him. And what has really, REALLY fucking pissed me off is that the worst culprits have been some of our own supporters. 

Some truly sickening behaviour in the ground today.

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #3293 on: December 02, 2021, 12:28:52 AM »

Yes 👍

Offline dave.woodhall

« Reply #3294 on: December 02, 2021, 12:32:30 AM »
And what I don't understand is this:

Whe Andy Gray left for a British record fee we had a fatwah on him for years. When Platt left he was generally ignored. When Yorke left he was public enemy number one. There was none of this we should be grateful and thank him bollocks then. What's different now?

Offline rooboy316

• GM : 27.09.2024
« Reply #3295 on: December 02, 2021, 12:41:44 AM »

Whe Andy Gray left for a British record fee we had a fatwah on him for years. When Platt left he was generally ignored. When Yorke left he was public enemy number one. There was none of this we should be grateful and thank him bollocks then. What's different now?

Personally, I want a fatwa on him. But to consider your question, is part of the reason that he tried to play the nice guy and said nice things about us while and after leaving? Also, with the rest, we liked them for their footballing ability whereas Joe was all that + local boy and fan done good... bit more special?

Offline dave.woodhall

« Reply #3296 on: December 02, 2021, 12:51:43 AM »

Personally, I want a fatwa on him. But to consider your question, is part of the reason that he tried to play the nice guy and said nice things about us while and after leaving? Also, with the rest, we liked them for their footballing ability whereas Joe was all that + local boy and fan done good... bit more special?

It wasn't even that. The narrative was he did really well for us and we got a lot of money for him so we should all poliltely applaud and not be horrible.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #3297 on: December 02, 2021, 01:04:15 AM »

It sort of confirms this notion of two types of fans, we belong in the legacy fans bucket.
The power of celebrity has taken over and sadly a significant part of our fan base has fallen for it.

Offline dave.woodhall

« Reply #3298 on: December 02, 2021, 01:13:37 AM »

It sort of confirms this notion of two types of fans, we belong in the legacy fans bucket.
The power of celebrity has taken over and sadly a significant part of our fan base has fallen for it.

Sadly, that's probably the right answer.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #3299 on: December 02, 2021, 01:16:12 AM »
41,450 there tonight. Far too many forelock tugging bootlickers for my liking mind.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 01:18:30 AM by Ads »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal