collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

All aboard the shuttle bus. by VillaTim
[Today at 12:20:12 PM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Toronto Villa
[Today at 12:01:31 PM]

Aston Villa in the FA Cup (cont) by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 11:58:30 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:25:52 AM]

FFP by FatSam
[Today at 11:23:15 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Brian Evans by Dr Butler
[Today at 10:50:21 AM]

Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:35:30 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: NSWE Investment  (Read 621657 times)

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
Re: NSWE Investment
« Reply #3300 on: December 02, 2021, 01:18:04 AM »
Honestly, I just don't get it. If your partner, who gave you children, was a great cook, put money into the house and grew out of his or her shell and grew in confidence in your relationship, fucked off with the flash bastard up the road in the big house and Roller (with go faster stripes), would you welcome him /her back a couple of months later? Would you fuck. You wouldn't be grateful for what s/he had given, you'd be pissed off, regardless off the divorce settlement.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #3301 on: December 02, 2021, 01:18:17 AM »
It’s also an evolution of what is a fan. There are those more traditional like many of us but the club also has to cater to a new generation of players and supporters. They are more the future than us and maybe a more antagonistic approach doesn’t work. Especially when we have players at the club that are genuinely his friends and simply put, not everyone feels the way many of us do. Jack Grealish is a celebrity of sorts. I don’t care for him, or follow him on social media, but lots do. The club didn’t play into any unnecessary controversy and tomorrow it’s all forgotten and doesn’t linger.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #3302 on: December 02, 2021, 01:21:49 AM »
It'll linger for me. The club made a big mistake on social media.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #3303 on: December 02, 2021, 02:01:45 AM »
Just who in earth thought that was a good idea?  He’s most of the reason why our Fcukin season has derailed.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 02:12:49 AM by kippaxvilla2 »

Offline Rory

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3304 on: December 02, 2021, 02:17:22 AM »
What has really fucking pissed me off all through today is this idea that we're some sort of feeder team and should be grateful that we had the opportunity to train up a player until one of the proper clubs wanted him. And what has really, REALLY fucking pissed me off is that the worst culprits have been some of our own supporters. 

Some truly sickening behaviour in the ground today.

100% both. Even being purely dispassionate, why would we wish him well? HE'S AN OPPONENT!

Offline Scott Nielsen

« Reply #3305 on: December 02, 2021, 02:18:16 AM »

They really did. And no way is there some junior media-manager to blame for it, this whole thing would have been sanctioned by Purslow. Now, he is not stupid so there must be a reason for doing it. Either playing up to a new type of supporter or some sort of existing hand-shake agreement to pave the way for a future return to Villa for G.

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #3306 on: December 02, 2021, 02:30:31 AM »

They really did. And no way is there some junior media-manager to blame for it, this whole thing would have been sanctioned by Purslow. Now, he is not stupid so there must be a reason for doing it. Either playing up to a new type of supporter or some sort of existing hand-shake agreement to pave the way for a future return to Villa for G.

I assume it's because kids have grown up playing FIFA and have started to follow players as much as clubs, so they probably don't want to piss them off by ignoring his return in the hope that they keep turning up and buying tat from the Villa.

I think it stinks, but it seems the logical conclusion to me.

Offline Rory

« Reply #3307 on: December 02, 2021, 02:34:20 AM »

I assume it's because kids have grown up playing FIFA and have started to follow players as much as clubs, so they probably don't want to piss them off by ignoring his return in the hope that they keep turning up and buying tat from the Villa.

I think it stinks, but it seems the logical conclusion to me.

Then the kids can fuck off. It isn't their fault that their parents failed them, but that's what's happened, and such errors should not be indulged.

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #3308 on: December 02, 2021, 02:42:33 AM »
You're knocking at an open door with me, Rory. It's a (possible) explanation, not an excuse!

Offline Rory

« Reply #3309 on: December 02, 2021, 02:44:25 AM »
Hmm. I'm beginning to think you're a soft touch, Paddy.

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #3310 on: December 02, 2021, 02:46:17 AM »

That has never been in doubt. Ask the waiters here who get 300 Peso tips, when 30 would be more appropriate.

Offline Rory

« Reply #3311 on: December 02, 2021, 02:50:10 AM »

That has never been in doubt. Ask the waiters here who get 300 Peso tips, when 30 would be more appropriate.

I'm with you there. Every delivery driver to me gets £5 in addition to the delivery fee, and every waiter gets £10. Purely out of social awkwardness.

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #3312 on: December 02, 2021, 02:55:10 AM »

I'm with you there. Every delivery driver to me gets £5 in addition to the delivery fee, and every waiter gets £10. Purely out of social awkwardness.

The very same. This feels like a low status version of the scene where Partridge meets Dan in the BP garage for the first time.

"I see you're not driving a Lexus!"
"No. I can't drive!"
"I bet you buy your dinner here most nights?"
"I wouldn't dine anywhere else."
"We should have a drink!"
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 02:59:25 AM by Sexual Ealing »

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #3313 on: December 02, 2021, 05:17:52 AM »
Imagine if he had scored. They’d have probably celebrated with the man city fans.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #3314 on: December 02, 2021, 07:52:56 AM »

If you go into an empty shop, do you feel compelled to buy something? Asking for a friend.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal