collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: NSWE Investment  (Read 666876 times)

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
Re: NSWE Investment
« Reply #3315 on: December 02, 2021, 08:19:58 AM »
Imagine if he had scored. They’d have probably celebrated with the man city fans.
Surprised they were not selling half and half Greasy scarfs, they would have sold a ton to our star struck Greasers.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #3316 on: December 02, 2021, 09:14:23 AM »
I'm convinced they're the same folk that would've liked Doug, and claimed he spent a lot of 'his' money.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #3317 on: December 02, 2021, 09:23:47 AM »
Hmm. I'm beginning to think you're a soft touch, Paddy.

That has never been in doubt. Ask the waiters here who get 300 Peso tips, when 30 would be more appropriate.

I'm with you there. Every delivery driver to me gets £5 in addition to the delivery fee, and every waiter gets £10. Purely out of social awkwardness.

If you go into an empty shop, do you feel compelled to buy something? Asking for a friend.

What's a tip?

Online Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3318 on: December 02, 2021, 09:28:32 AM »

That has never been in doubt. Ask the waiters here who get 300 Peso tips, when 30 would be more appropriate.

I'm with you there. Every delivery driver to me gets £5 in addition to the delivery fee, and every waiter gets £10. Purely out of social awkwardness.

If you go into an empty shop, do you feel compelled to buy something? Asking for a friend.

What's a tip?

Where you take your rubbish.

Offline Rory

« Reply #3319 on: December 02, 2021, 10:00:52 AM »

Every time.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #3320 on: December 02, 2021, 10:50:18 AM »

What's a tip?

It's a gratuity added on to a bill in a restaurant or pub, such as when you buy a round of drin...

I can see what the next question is going to be!

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #3321 on: December 02, 2021, 01:57:21 PM »

What's a tip?

example:

Don't eat yellow snow.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #3322 on: December 02, 2021, 02:17:01 PM »
Obviously we have very little in common with the slime down the road but maybe the club thought that if it got really highly charged one of our morons would not be able to handle it and enter the pitch. So the "Remember what he did when here" messages was to try and diffuse a potentially damaging occurance for the club whilst being watched across the world.

And before anyone says our fans are not like that  - have a look at some of the pissed up scum that attends our away games - i would not put anything past some of them

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #3323 on: December 02, 2021, 02:32:48 PM »
Obviously we have very little in common with the slime down the road but maybe the club thought that if it got really highly charged one of our morons would not be able to handle it and enter the pitch. So the "Remember what he did when here" messages was to try and diffuse a potentially damaging occurance for the club whilst being watched across the world.

And before anyone says our fans are not like that  - have a look at some of the pissed up scum that attends our away games - i would not put anything past some of them

If that was the idea it had the opposite effect.

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #3324 on: December 02, 2021, 04:03:49 PM »

Every time.

I don't, because I'm a hard-nosed bastard. Instead, to extend the Partridge/BP garage analogy, there's a scene where he walks in to see that Michael's not on shift and simply turns on his heels and mutters, "no. Not you, no thank you." That's kind of what I do in that scenario.

Offline Rory

« Reply #3325 on: December 02, 2021, 04:19:31 PM »

Every time.

I don't, because I'm a hard-nosed bastard. Instead, to extend the Partridge/BP garage analogy, there's a scene where he walks in to see that Michael's not on shift and simply turns on his heels and mutters, "no. Not you, no thank you." That's kind of what I do in that scenario.

I know someone who pretends to receive a phone call in that situation. So rather than the potential awkwardness of walking past the shopkeeper empty-handed and sheepish, he storms out shouting, "where has this happened? I'll be there right away!"

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #3326 on: December 02, 2021, 04:25:46 PM »
3.  Transport to ground - build it and will happen.  Old Trafford is an example from when they expanded. 
I suppose the local council in Manchester had a club that was very successful, had put the city on the map, etc, and so they were willing to be accomodating.

Not wishing to run Villa down, but our last major trophy was a quarter of a century ago. Sadly.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 04:27:37 PM by Chris Harte »

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #3327 on: December 02, 2021, 06:14:38 PM »
3.  Transport to ground - build it and will happen.  Old Trafford is an example from when they expanded. 
I suppose the local council in Manchester had a club that was very successful, had put the city on the map, etc, and so they were willing to be accomodating.

Not wishing to run Villa down, but our last major trophy was a quarter of a century ago. Sadly.

Eerrr……you forgetting the playoff trophy mate And under 23 FA Cup

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #3328 on: December 02, 2021, 06:29:12 PM »

If that was the idea it had the opposite effect.

Really?

It split the crowd enough to not be a complete spewing of hatred to whip people up (remember the dog  shit here in 2003)

I think there were some minor issues with bad language but other than that nothing of note so I think it worked to a degree.

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #3329 on: December 02, 2021, 07:21:40 PM »

Eerrr……you forgetting the playoff trophy mate And under 23 FA Cup
Annnnnyway, Like I said......

(Sorry guys, I really hate the fact we ain't won a trophy since 1996)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal