collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread  (Read 30277 times)

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2022, 06:17:57 PM »
Depressing performance. I really question the tactics. Against a back 3 the space is in the channels. So why did we try and force the play through the middle for 90 mins. The season is becoming a bit shambolic from all concerned.
agree regarding tactics but the mistakes also killed us today.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2022, 06:19:03 PM »
Just heard Gerrard.

My goodness I have never known a Villa manager get such an easy ride - maybe O'Neil aside.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2022, 06:20:28 PM »
Depressing performance. I really question the tactics. Against a back 3 the space is in the channels. So why did we try and force the play through the middle for 90 mins. The season is becoming a bit shambolic from all concerned.

CL these mistakes are nothing new. Surely Gerrard and staff have been here long enough to improve this

Offline Taylor

« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2022, 06:22:51 PM »
1.Go up your opponent's end and score.
2.Stop them from scoring by defending properly.
3.When they've got the ball get it from them.
4. When we've got the ball don't give it away.
Simple really isn't it, or am I missing something?
Why couldn't we do any of 1,2,3 or 4 today?
I know right, it’s almost like the other team are trying to do the same.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2022, 06:24:02 PM »

CL these mistakes are nothing new. Surely Gerrard and staff have been here long enough to improve this
agree mate, we started slowly, put under a bit of pressure and concede.
Attitude?

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2022, 06:35:20 PM »
Hate this season - cant wait for it to be over.

After 3 great seasons under NSWE, were going backwards for the first time.

Our transfer activity over the last 3 windows have been poor - and I wouldnt be suprised at all to see lange go.  Both managers have been badly let down for us failing to get in a better midfielder - and there is a real possibility that will end up costing both managers there job

Gerrard is out of his depth, needs to show a lot of learning between now and the end of the season, otherwise if I was the owners I would laugh him off, and go all out to bring a truely great manager in.

Sounds harsh, but otherwise well just have another clear out and the teams above will continue to improve, and well be overtaken by others and he'll still be gone by this time next year.

With our run in, theres a very real chance well finish 12 or below - which is really disapointing.
If you think Gerrard will be binned you're deluded

Absolutely deluded. And an exaggeration about the last 3 windows, despite the past 3 games, Coutinhio and Digne not good signings?

I dont particularly like mid table seasons and its a bit meh, can we draw a line under it and start again, but if you hate this season how did you cope two seasons ago when were utter dirge and just about escaped from relegation.
Its all disappointing but a bit of perspective is needed i think.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2022, 06:41:48 PM »

Our transfer activity over the last 3 windows have been poor - and I wouldnt be suprised at all to see lange go.  Both managers have been badly let down for us failing to get in a better midfielder - and there is a real possibility that will end up costing both managers there job

Gerrard is out of his depth, needs to show a lot of learning between now and the end of the season, otherwise if I was the owners I would laugh him off, and go all out to bring a truely great manager in.

Sounds harsh, but otherwise well just have another clear out and the teams above will continue to improve, and well be overtaken by others and he'll still be gone by this time next year.

With our run in, theres a very real chance well finish 12 or below - which is really disapointing.

Absolutely deluded. And an exaggeration about the last 3 windows, despite the past 3 games, Coutinhio and Digne not good signings?

I dont particularly like mid table seasons and its a bit meh, can we draw a line under it and start again, but if you hate this season how did you cope two seasons ago when were utter dirge and just about escaped from relegation.

Two years ago we were glad to be in the Premier League, we were still on the up and success was inevitable. Now there's a feeling that the new owner bounce is over and everything seems flat.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2022, 06:42:14 PM »
I think the worst thing about the last 3 games apart from the results is how fucking boring we are to watch. We move the ball way too slowly and dont stretch teams enough.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2022, 06:46:08 PM »

Two years ago we were glad to be in the Premier League, we were still on the up and success was inevitable. Now there's a feeling that the new owner bounce is over and everything seems flat.
The momentum was lost in the summer despite or in spite of the signings we made.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2022, 06:47:06 PM »
We actually started brightly. Dominated the ball for 4 or 5 minutes and territory, they broke out and fortunately for them both McGinn and Konsa fall over at crucial moments.

Our heads wobble, Mings let's the long haired child past him and then we regain composure for a fair chunk. Never really threatening, never really working hard enough to lay a glove on them and then out of nowhere we concede a counter and head it into our net.

Wolves are ultra functional, listening to Pat Murphy pull his withered old cock over them in the car on the way back made me realise I'd watched a different game

But our obsessed ickle neighbours do the ugly side so much better than us. More physical, more tactical in the fouling, more direct at times, better on the break.

We seem to lack belief when we play anybody better. We definitely lack a physical presence and we remain absolutely generous in the handing out of the softest goals.

McGinn gives the ball away so cheap. Bailey was atrocious today. Watkins misses a sitter, Cash has to score at the end. Frustrating, but I feel that we'd probably reached the ceiling with this squad last summer. We lose Grealish, who covered so many sins that existed before him and still remain to be resolved.

If I'm looking forward to anything, it's the absolute nailed on return of Nakamba to the midfield. Strange times.

The Molineux remains a dire away end and the ground full of Villa obsessed twats. They pay us complement after complement by singing about us with such variety. Aston Villa, the total measure of a club round these parts.

Offline Beard82

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2022, 06:56:55 PM »

Ok hate is a strong word I just have enjoyed it less then any season since we went down

I’m not saying he will be sacked - I’m saying if I was the owners and he didn’t show more between now and the end of the season then that’s what I would do. 

We have seen what happens in this movie before - I think he’ll do well to last next season.

I’m also not saying that the club is in a bad place as a club - just I dont like the fact we that for other than 7 or 8 games this season we have looked rubbish.  At the end of last season I thought that this really was going to be different this time.

If we’re going to be mid table I would rather have stuck with Dean and maybe focus on the youth players.

This most recent transfer window saw some quality players come in - but are we any better for it?  We have won 3 out of the 9 games we played since then.

They also came in because of SG bit because of our recruitment department. 

I personally struggle to see that SG will help us achieve the continual improvement that is the clubs aim

I really hope I’m wrong - and am eating humble pie soon

Online Deano's Mullet

« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2022, 06:57:32 PM »
We finished that relegation battle with only a point less than what we've got now and I really can't see us picking up too many more so we've definitely gone backwards from last season. The quality of the league is worse this season I would say.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #58 on: April 02, 2022, 07:00:00 PM »
What has happened since that vibrant, dominant performance at Leeds? It looks a completely different team now! We moved the ball quickly at Leeds and they couldn't cope. Baffled!

Offline Skerra

« Reply #59 on: April 02, 2022, 07:02:40 PM »
I’ve said this before but all Gerrard needs to do is look at a couple of videos as to how we played when he first arrived. We need to press high up the pitch and move the ball far quicker from the back. Invariably, we make sideways and backwards passes so often that it’s so easy for the opposition to get back to their defensive shape. Even then, one of our midfielders gives the ball away and we are under pressure again. Come on Steven, football is not rocket science so please put the tablet away and concentrate on what’s going on, on the pitch, and make changes far quicker when you need to.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal