collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread  (Read 30505 times)

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread
« Reply #180 on: April 04, 2022, 01:39:07 PM »
Something I noticed about Sanson was that he often beat a player with his skills but then turned back again as he seemed to lack either the pace, power or confidence to get away from the man he'd beat. JJ's form has dipped but he does give you that running power through midfield.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #181 on: April 04, 2022, 01:50:25 PM »
How did Sanson go today?

I thought he played quite well; tidy, some good pressing and offered the most out of our midfield 3. Thought he was unlucky to be subbed.
thought he was our best midfielder.  McGinn is good that deep - and Ramsey didnt get much of a chance to drive forward, seemed to be covering Young

Sanson got subbed right after cheaply giving the ball away, again…

If that the measure how he fuck does mcginn ever sta on past 10 minutes every game

Every  configuration is based around mcginn being in there somewhere. How abut trying one without him ffs

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #182 on: April 04, 2022, 01:51:42 PM »
Something I noticed about Sanson was that he often beat a player with his skills but then turned back again as he seemed to lack either the pace, power or confidence to get away from the man he'd beat. JJ's form has dipped but he does give you that running power through midfield.

Ramsey also gives you more of a goal threat, often conjuring something out of nothing.

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #183 on: April 04, 2022, 03:11:51 PM »
Same old story.
Would help if our players could stay on two feet. Sort your bloody boots out if you're going to fall over all the time.

Gerrard needs to get a grip of the team and fast. Unacceptable garbage, if we can't get the team up for a local derby then what hope have we got. We've only got 45 minutes in us

Letting Targett go to Newcastle as I pointed out in January would be absolutely disastrous . Digne is looking like another big waste of money. A CDM was what was needed not a bloody left back.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2022, 03:15:14 PM by Flin5tone »

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #184 on: April 04, 2022, 03:21:00 PM »
Yeah that quality French international who is miles better than any left back we’ve had in a long while. What a waste of money.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #185 on: April 04, 2022, 04:46:34 PM »
Well i don't think we have to worry about SG leaving us in the lurch and going to Manage P l o p

Unless he turns it around in the last 8 games and gives us something positive to look forward to then he will start next year on a sticky wicket.

If he wants to rip the team up (which i do not disagree with too much) it will be another year of transition and a huge amount of money spent as you cannot make huge changes and expect everyone to gel immediately.

Maybe we will go the other way and he will do a MON and fill the team with older "named" players for a short term hit - he does keep mentioning "winning mentality"

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #186 on: April 04, 2022, 05:24:52 PM »
Left back who currently plays for the World Champions, a waste of money? How dare he get ill, it's a DISGRACE!

Offline Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #187 on: April 04, 2022, 05:26:47 PM »
Yeah that quality French international who is miles better than any left back we’ve had in a long while. What a waste of money.

Yep, the first choice left-back for the third-best team in the world.  But he had to go off on Saturday because he had the shits, so he's a waste of money.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #188 on: April 04, 2022, 05:28:05 PM »
Digne plays 3 or the last 6 games. We win 3, scoring 9 and conceding none. He effectively misses the last 3 via injury and illness. We lose all 3.

Digne out!

Offline Allan C

« Reply #189 on: April 04, 2022, 07:56:25 PM »
Personally, I think you'd be suprised at how many big clubs would be in for him.
Hmm maybe this time last season, not so sure now. I don’t think he walks into any team above us at the moment

Offline itmustbe_it is!

« Reply #190 on: April 05, 2022, 07:43:34 AM »

Maybe we will go the other way and he will do a MON and fill the team with older "named" players for a short term hit - he does keep mentioning "winning mentality"

This is what concerns me a bit ....I'd like a happy medium .....and definitely not Suarez

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal