collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world  (Read 499446 times)

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
First game at home after winning the WC.

https://twitter.com/avfcofficial/status/1639048238627004418?s=46&t=0-BUXD66ovTcofwrbTW4Ag

That is amazing, but the Argentinians let themselves down by having such a high pitched, girly collective singing voice.

3/10. Could do better.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
Now that's where we should be going for a pre-season tour.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024

Visiting La Bombonera certainly was a highlight for me. Proper old fashioned stadium that’s going to collapse on everyone one of these days. Tickets meant nothing. You sit where you want or can in the stand you’re in. Old blokes smoking away all around. Unfortunately timing didn’t allow me to get in a game at River.

Offline Toronto Villa

Another clean sheet for our Emi in 2-0 win. Two late goals saw off Panama. No place on the bench for Emi the Little. Maybe he gets a game next week before he flies home.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024

Won't someone please think of the children.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Bugger, I've mislaid my pearls, and I've got nothing to clutch.

Offline Toronto Villa

Offline charlatan

What about the indestructible Scott Carson? His teenage dream must have been to emulate Stuart Taylor. "Smashed it" as they (horribly) say.
And Heaton now back in his Manchester United teenage dream world

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

Visiting La Bombonera certainly was a highlight for me. Proper old fashioned stadium that’s going to collapse on everyone one of these days. Tickets meant nothing. You sit where you want or can in the stand you’re in. Old blokes smoking away all around. Unfortunately timing didn’t allow me to get in a game at River.

Tell me about it. Our guide told me it was the only safe time to visit Boca. The South Bronx had nothing on Boca, it scared the shit out of me. Matchday was different, they live football, of course we had to dress for the occasion but like everybody I met there, they were so friendly and this was less than 20 years since the war in the South Atlantic. I did a tour of El Monumental and it was like going to Craven Cottage in comparison. Brilliant country, BA is like being in Europe, people are so friendly and I can't wait to go back and I will even though I say it every year. I will return!

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024

Won't someone please think of the children.

That’s ace! Funny as …

That celebration by Emi will live on forever now.

Iconic.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

A bit more from last night. What a scene

https://twitter.com/FootballRamble/status/1639054365511254017?s=20

I'm just amazed the players managed to play a game after that.

Offline Toronto Villa

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
Martinez, has he not learned? Why recreate being extremely vulgar in such a disgusting way. The first time was repulsive, but maybe in that moment he was unable to control his emotions because of winning the world cup and the intensity of the situation so some mitigation even if I didn't approve.
This was planned though and he might suffer consequences from such a premeditated act.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
Martinez, has he not learned? Why recreate being extremely vulgar in such a disgusting way. The first time was repulsive, but maybe in that moment he was unable to control his emotions because of winning the world cup and the intensity of the situation so some mitigation even if I didn't approve.
This was planned though and he might suffer consequences from such a premeditated act.

Oh dear.

Offline Pat McMahon

Tell me about it. Our guide told me it was the only safe time to visit Boca. The South Bronx had nothing on Boca, it scared the shit out of me. Matchday was different, they live football, of course we had to dress for the occasion but like everybody I met there, they were so friendly and this was less than 20 years since the war in the South Atlantic. I did a tour of El Monumental and it was like going to Craven Cottage in comparison. Brilliant country, BA is like being in Europe, people are so friendly and I can't wait to go back and I will even though I say it every year. I will return!

I was there a few years after you Mark in 2006 and had a stroll around Boca in the afternoon. I didn’t think it was that bad, though I didn’t have any valuables with me, other than a simple, small camera.

A couple of days later I went to a game at La Bombonera and loved it. We went to some sort of fan club before, the equivalent of the Aston Social with better grub, and it was brilliant, nobody bothered that I was English. Argentina was fantastic overall, though Buenos Aires feels like a European city transplanted into S America.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal