collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tim Iroegbunam  (Read 59745 times)

Online VillaTim

• GM : 01.12.2024
Re: Tim Iroegbunam
« Reply #465 on: March 02, 2024, 10:07:26 PM »
Thought it was 3 fouls and as you all seem to be adamant the ref had a personal vendetta against us it was surprising a card wasn’t given to him imo.
yeah he gave 3 fouls away very quickly , was getting too tight to his man all the time . A proper rabbit in the headlights today

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #466 on: March 02, 2024, 10:08:52 PM »
Thought it was 3 fouls and as you all seem to be adamant the ref had a personal vendetta against us it was surprising a card wasn’t given to him imo.
yeah he gave 3 fouls away very quickly , was getting too tight to his man all the time . A proper rabbit in the headlights today

No he gave away 2 fouls, it's not hard to check.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #467 on: March 02, 2024, 10:20:40 PM »
Giving out foolish free kicks. Emery will be furious, since the set piece was their biggest threat. Let's be honest: he struggled to get into the game and was uninspiring. Not a bad player, just raw and a peek of how he isn't quite ready for a start, despite my and many others' high expectations.

Today he just looked overawed or a loss of pace of the game, and of course it was just a role of the bench today, but he's no where near clever today doing tactical fouls,  they were dumb ones or ones where he was outskilled. So I think people are being very biassed by saying he was being tactical.
He looked like a teenager in man's game ,he's 20 now and still learning but needs to wise up. I still carry hopes.

I didn't say tactical, I said they're the sort of fouls that break up play that lots of clubs use in those circumstances. I think Tim was put on to play his game and get in peoples faces to stop them having time to spray the ball out to the wings, which he did. It's not about whethger he played well or not, it's that we didn't have that physical presence in there and adding it gave us back some of the control we'd been missing (after he took a few minutes to get up to speed with a game that had become quite frenetic.

Come off this it doesn't make sense that you're talking as if someone else other than Emery is manager.
How can an inexperienced 20 year old be the player to bring back control ? He's only just learning to play Emerys football.
He was brought on due to Rogers yellow card.
It was an initially 3 subbed raised to four.
I also hardly think Emery is asking players to get in peoples faces.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #468 on: March 02, 2024, 10:34:39 PM »
Giving out foolish free kicks. Emery will be furious, since the set piece was their biggest threat. Let's be honest: he struggled to get into the game and was uninspiring. Not a bad player, just raw and a peek of how he isn't quite ready for a start, despite my and many others' high expectations.

Today he just looked overawed or a loss of pace of the game, and of course it was just a role of the bench today, but he's no where near clever today doing tactical fouls,  they were dumb ones or ones where he was outskilled. So I think people are being very biassed by saying he was being tactical.
He looked like a teenager in man's game ,he's 20 now and still learning but needs to wise up. I still carry hopes.

I didn't say tactical, I said they're the sort of fouls that break up play that lots of clubs use in those circumstances. I think Tim was put on to play his game and get in peoples faces to stop them having time to spray the ball out to the wings, which he did. It's not about whethger he played well or not, it's that we didn't have that physical presence in there and adding it gave us back some of the control we'd been missing (after he took a few minutes to get up to speed with a game that had become quite frenetic.

Come off this it doesn't make sense that you're talking as if someone else other than Emery is manager.
How can an inexperienced 20 year old be the player to bring back control ? He's only just learning to play Emerys football.
He was brought on due to Rogers yellow card.
It was an initially 3 subbed raised to four.
I also hardly think Emery is asking players to get in peoples faces.

Stop acting like you know everything about Emery, most of your predictions turn out to be utter bullshit and you regularly claim he'll be angry about things when there is no evidence of it. Kamara regularly does a job of getting tight to players and taking them out of the game, for someone who claims to be so knowledgable it's telling how you've completely missed that.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #469 on: March 02, 2024, 10:34:49 PM »
Was rash today. One free kick was on the edge of our own box so no big deal but then a minute later he gave away one 30 yards out which wasn't clever given the issues Luton were causing us from set pieces.

He'll need to learn that.

If Ramsey is out it will be interesting to see how we set up v Spurs. Diaby seems probable after his fantastic cross but UE hasn't played two attackers alongside Ollie against a top level team for quite a while so maybe we'll bring Tim in from the start and shift SJM out wide.

Online VillaTim

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #470 on: March 02, 2024, 10:51:11 PM »
Showed today clearly why Emery isn't starting him in EPL games.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal