collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world  (Read 478103 times)

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 14.03.2024
Lloris has a World Cup Winner's medal just like Emi. He has retired from Les Bleus as he knows his time is up. His overall medal and trophy tally is unsurprisingly meagre as he plays for Tottingham. I wouldn't call him crap though. Past it, yes.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
I'm with BE regards Lollris level, and therefore, they do need a replacement.
I can only see Martinez making any move to a Champions League team and for the suitable price. Gregg Evans seemed to suggest that Martinez was staying this summer, but we have an Argentinan journalist  Gastón Edul, suggesting interest from Spurs?

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
I can only see Martinez making any move to a Champions League team and for the suitable price. Gregg Evans seemed to suggest that Martinez was staying this summer, but we have an Argentinan journalist  Gastón Edul, suggesting interest from Spurs?
Spurs are interested in Martinez in the same way that I'm interested in Scarlett Johansson.

It's never going to happen but it's a nice dream.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 14.03.2024

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
Spurs are interested in Martinez in the same way that I'm interested in Scarlett Johansson.

Her dad was Danish so you've probably more of a chance than the rest of us.

Offline tomd2103

Spurs are interested in Martinez in the same way that they were interested in Jack Grealish..

Fixed.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
Lloris has a World Cup Winner's medal just like Emi. He has retired from Les Bleus as he knows his time is up. His overall medal and trophy tally is unsurprisingly meagre as he plays for Tottingham. I wouldn't call him crap though. Past it, yes.

He's past his best but still far better than the frankly useless Fraser Forster. Forster reminds me of that Croatian giant that played for us. Presence of a cat and reflexes of a brick shithouse type

Is there a decent backup keeper even in the PL (one who is definitely good enough to be a starting PL keeper at a different club)? I'm struggling to think of one (yes, I'm including Olsen 😂). One that does come to mind is Mendy at Chelsea, clearly injuries and form have impacted him recently but he was winning a CL not too long ago.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
Croatian giant ...Helenius was Danish, wasn't he?

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
Kalinic.

Offline eamonn

Dunno why I thought of a striker...it was half one in the morning, I guess.

Offline Martyn Smith

• Golden Muppet
He's an astute, very astute businessman that Levy.

The amount of times I've heard that he's some sort of bald f**king genius who operates on a higher plane high fiving f**king Zeus when it comes to the world of transfers really irrationally winds me up. It's the defacto view of moronic, monosyllabic twats like Jamie Redknapp with his shit leather skin.

Anyway, yeah, he's not going Spurs.

Ah, Ellis Syndrome. Getting an idee fixe that a chairman is a business genius without any real hard evidence...

Offline Martyn Smith

• Golden Muppet
🗣️Emi Martinez: 'I am going for Mark Bosnich's record, he has 64 clean sheets (which is true). That record is one of my targets.'

Martinez has 32 clean sheets for Aston Villa, he needs another 32 to tie Mark Bosnich's record.

#avfc | #utv | #vtid

From. AVFC statto on Twit

He's studied Villa history and has taken an interest in the club beyond it being his current employer. I like that

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
Is there a decent backup keeper even in the PL (one who is definitely good enough to be a starting PL keeper at a different club)? I'm struggling to think of one (yes, I'm including Olsen 😂).

If that's the criteria you're using then I reckon a few would get in over Bazunu at Southampton or Ward at Leicester.

Dubravka, Kelleher, Areola, Butland, Johnstone. Maybe Strakosha. One of the Chelsea guys as you said.

Navas / Henderson if you count that at Forest, which I probably wouldn't as they're both loans and they'll only keep one of them (if they stay up)

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
Is there a decent backup keeper even in the PL (one who is definitely good enough to be a starting PL keeper at a different club)? I'm struggling to think of one (yes, I'm including Olsen 😂).

If that's the criteria you're using then I reckon a few would get in over Bazunu at Southampton or Ward at Leicester.

Dubravka, Kelleher, Areola, Butland, Johnstone. Maybe Strakosha. One of the Chelsea guys as you said.

Navas / Henderson if you count that at Forest, which I probably wouldn't as they're both loans and they'll only keep one of them (if they stay up)

Zack Steffen at Boro has impressed me whenever I've seen him play. He's on loan from Man City who have Stefan Ortega sitting on the bench.

Offline eamonn

What about the indestructible Scott Carson? His teenage dream must have been to emulate Stuart Taylor. "Smashed it" as they (horribly) say.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal