collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Season Tickets - 2023/24 by AV82EC
[Today at 05:20:30 PM]

Re: FFP by Footy-Vill
[Today at 05:18:29 PM]

Re: GUESS THE CROWD R27; Europa Conf🏆SF VILLA v Olympiacos, Thurs 2nd May!🥧 by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 05:17:17 PM]

Re: Season Tickets - 2023/24 by chrisw1
[Today at 05:16:37 PM]

Re: FFP by Footy-Vill
[Today at 05:15:13 PM]

Re: Season Tickets - 2023/24 by LeeB
[Today at 05:14:02 PM]

Re: Season Tickets - 2023/24 by Clampy
[Today at 05:13:27 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by ez
[Today at 05:10:29 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world  (Read 517850 times)

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
🗣️Emi Martinez: 'I am going for Mark Bosnich's record, he has 64 clean sheets (which is true). That record is one of my targets.'

Martinez has 32 clean sheets for Aston Villa, he needs another 32 to tie Mark Bosnich's record.

#avfc | #utv | #vtid

From. AVFC statto on Twit

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Certainly not beyond reproach as the way he treated Sacha Wright and Lucila Vila Segui was distasteful.
He now uses two goalkeepers on the bench. At Arsenal, he had a girlfriend and a backup in England, Sacha Wright.

full on Eastie mode

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
I have no idea how that's got any relevance to anything football-related.

It doesn't it's just spam

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
🗣️Emi Martinez: 'I am going for Mark Bosnich's record, he has 64 clean sheets (which is true). That record is one of my targets.'

Martinez has 32 clean sheets for Aston Villa, he needs another 32 to tie Mark Bosnich's record.

#avfc | #utv | #vtid

Hopefully he’ll have done that before the end of next season then! :)

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024

It is based on the twos principle!
And btw, do you pull every post who uses language unrelated to football? There have been several instances of posts on threads with unrelated content. Be consistent then referee!
My point is fundamentally in regards to 2. It's supported by Emery's use of two in both on and off field instance and I've linked that to a comment about not being above reproach.
Perfect sense.
Symbolic use of two and that good things come in pairs is something Emery has taken on at times.

Offline Footy-Vill

#avfc | #utv | #vtid

This is worth a discussion!
Martinez is a man who enjoys achieving his goals, so this is a great start.
32 clean sheets remain.
There are currently 13 games left for 38 games played in the season and assuming 6 more clean sheets.
He will have 26 left to make when the upcoming season 2023/2024 begins.
I'm forecasting it won't take him more than two seasons to reach 64 because by the end of next season, he should have around  another 18 under his belt, and by Christmas 2024, I believe he will have done the target.

I haven't even included Cup games.

Online Baldy

And btw, do you pull every post who uses language unrelated to football? There have been several instances of posts on threads with unrelated content. Be consistent then referee!
My point is fundamentally in regards to 2. It's supported by Emery's use of two in both on and off field instance and I've linked that to a comment about not being above reproach.
Perfect sense.
Symbolic use of two and that good things come in pairs is something Emery has taken on at times.

Sometimes wish I was allowed a substitute for Mrs Baldy.  :)

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024

Perfect sense.

I'm not a referee, just someone "offering an opinion" as you like to put it. In this instance on the quality of your post or lack thereof.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
Nice to hear a current player referencing a previous club hero.

I often wonder do any of our players bother/are interested in looking into our past successes. All those pre-match VP tunnel reminders with trophy replicas and signs with our honours list etc. Even if it's just a job, some of them must be curious...right? I need to believe   :'(

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
Nice to hear a current player referencing a previous club hero.

I often wonder do any of our players bother/are interested in looking into our past successes. All those pre-match VP tunnel reminders with trophy replicas and signs with our honours list etc. Even if it's just a job, some of them must be curious...right? I need to believe   :'(

The last one I recall openly talking about it was Gareth Southgate, pilloried on here for his attitude when he left but someone who took the time to have a photo of the 82 team in/on his locker. I seem to recall in his book his less than oblique references to why this wasn't more celebrated at the club at the time.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
My club, my city, my ambition to save more than Bosnich.  I've heard it all before.  I think. 

Offline Footy-Vill

Emery on  Martinez:

"I think he is taking time for the team because, maybe in some matches, we are struggling defensively and they are attacking and he has to reduce the danger. He was thinking we need to take time to control the game like we planned.
But I do not think it was wasting time. I like the referees here in England. They are very good, professional. They are defending football and the first people who want to protect the game.

But I have never told my players to waste time. Never! I want to play. I want to be honest, I want to respect football.
Sometimes you can manage to control the game - keeping possession of the ball. That is my only focus.

I played a lot of matches in Spain where there was tactical time-wasting, when opponents would do everything slowly to try and waste time like that. But I've never liked that approach.”

Offline Allan C

My club, my city, my ambition to save more than Bosnich.  I've heard it all before.  I think.
Exactly

Online RamboandBruno

Exactly
True but unfortunately this outlook doesnt ever allow you to enjoy the moment. Quite a miserable outlook really.

Offline Footy-Vill

There are rumors regards Tottenham and Emi Martinez.
An Argentina journalist has published that an offer in coming weeks.

"Tottenham tiene interés concreto en Dibu Martínez y puede hacer una oferta en las próximas semanas"

Source: Gastón Edul of TyC Sports

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal