collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by dcdavecollett
[March 28, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 10:54:34 PM]

FFP by AV82EC
[March 28, 2024, 10:36:39 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Demitri_C
[March 28, 2024, 10:29:02 PM]

GUESS THE CROWD R22: ASTON VILLA v Wolves, Saturday 30th March! 🥧 by ironmaidenmania
[March 28, 2024, 08:43:00 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:05:25 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Left Side
[Today at 12:52:12 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by tomd2103
[Today at 12:47:19 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:33:09 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by KevinGage
[Today at 12:22:56 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v WBA Post Match Thread  (Read 43766 times)

Offline adrenachrome

Re: Aston Villa v WBA Post Match Thread
« Reply #240 on: May 11, 2019, 09:16:20 PM »
Did my ears deceive me or did I hear the strains of KRO on about 55 minutes very briefly coming from the stripey throstle c***s?

Surely even They wouldn't Stoop THAT Low! Surely!!

Might have been "The Lord's My Shepherd". They are not known for their musical prowess and often sing in strange keys.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #241 on: May 11, 2019, 09:18:16 PM »
I really don't get how so many people think the sending off was harsh, this is a crappy still from the video on here but you can see Gayle still on his feet with the ball pretty much in Steer's hands. He was never getting the ball and he'll have known he had no chance with loads of time to pull out of the challenge, by not doing so he clattered into the keeper. Clearly a yellow card and, as someone else said, if it was his first one no one would be commenting on it.

He didn't go for the ball andhe acted like a jumped up twat all game and deservedly got sent off. He is a very good player at this level. I am glad he is not playing on Tuesday.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #242 on: May 11, 2019, 09:19:14 PM »
Did my ears deceive me or did I hear the strains of KRO on about 55 minutes very briefly coming from the stripey throstle c***s?

Surely even They wouldn't Stoop THAT Low! Surely!!

Might have been "The Lord's My Shepherd". They are not known for their musical prowess and often sing in strange keys.

Probably. Well we can give them the benefit of the doubt.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #243 on: May 11, 2019, 09:19:27 PM »
A genuine post from SHA.

You really think the Villa supporter led FA will do anything?

I am wondering now whether they’ve actually bought the EFL. Purslow and Mendes and two billionaires. Hence them not getting touched for P&S and the League refusing to say why.

They are a carcinogen on the game. Another nail in the coffin if what little integrity remains. They’ve cheated, cheated, cheated and cheated again and again in pretty much every match, as well as on the governance side, and they’ve bought the silence of all concerned.

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #244 on: May 11, 2019, 09:22:34 PM »
Gayle should have seen his second yellow at least twice before he actually did, so they can all pipe down.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #245 on: May 11, 2019, 09:23:56 PM »
A genuine post from SHA.

I am wondering now whether they’ve actually bought the EFL. Purslow and Mendes and two billionaires. Hence them not getting touched for P&S and the League refusing to say why.

They are a carcinogen on the game. Another nail in the coffin if what little integrity remains. They’ve cheated, cheated, cheated and cheated again and again in pretty much every match, as well as on the governance side, and they’ve bought the silence of all concerned.

Yeah we bought it by finishing 5th.

The point is we have by far the most skilful player in the league and hence less good players have to foul him. If we get promoted and he stays with us he will likely get fewer fouls next year as he will be playing against better players.

Purslow is a CEO type / high leve trouble shooter figure so doubt he is a billionairre

Offline villan from luton

« Reply #246 on: May 11, 2019, 09:28:33 PM »
I really don't get how so many people think the sending off was harsh, this is a crappy still from the video on here but you can see Gayle still on his feet with the ball pretty much in Steer's hands. He was never getting the ball and he'll have known he had no chance with loads of time to pull out of the challenge, by not doing so he clattered into the keeper. Clearly a yellow card and, as someone else said, if it was his first one no one would be commenting on it.

It’s just bitter Baggie b*llocks. ‘It Ay Fair’ episode 583.

The ball is not in his hands and the striker has to go for it imo. And not Baggies bollox from me

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
« Reply #247 on: May 11, 2019, 09:30:16 PM »
Apologies if it’s been mentioned already but there was a classic moment when Mings went to the edge of the pitch after treatment for his hamstring. He was getting dogs abuse from the away fans who then complained to stewards when he smiled at them while having a drink.

Baggies fans not very happy with our “time wasting” after spending the whole game doing it themselves either.

It’s not over of course but I think we’ll revel in the space they are going to leave us when they try and get forward.

UTV

Offline villan from luton

« Reply #248 on: May 11, 2019, 09:30:57 PM »
Gayle should have seen his second yellow at least twice before he actually did, so they can all pipe down.

I do agree with this

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #249 on: May 11, 2019, 09:35:33 PM »
Im convinced Dr.Tony Xia was driving up and down outside the Trinity Road stand about an hour before kick off, which I found quite bizarre.

The sequel!

Asian Car Accelerator

He did tweet UTV after the game so he still has the feels for us if not the fees for us.

Offline john2710

« Reply #250 on: May 11, 2019, 09:35:49 PM »
Gayle is never getting that ball & he jumps in. A yellow card every time,  I can't see any ourcome or why they are moaning. He was taking 40 secs plus for every throw in & was rightly booked after being warned.

The only justification for moaning is the possible penalty, but other than that thay got what they & their football deserved.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #251 on: May 11, 2019, 09:38:50 PM »
Apologies if it’s been mentioned already but there was a classic moment when Mings went to the edge of the pitch after treatment for his hamstring. He was getting dogs abuse from the away fans who then complained to stewards when he smiled at them while having a drink.
Yes I watched all of that amusing eposide. Some of them were being very brave from behind the fence and netted seats.

Offline Three Spires Villa

« Reply #252 on: May 11, 2019, 09:39:43 PM »
A genuine post from SHA.

Ha ha makes it even nicer

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #253 on: May 11, 2019, 09:40:43 PM »
Gayle is never getting that ball & he jumps in. A yellow card every time,  I can't see any ourcome or why they are moaning. He was taking 40 secs plus for every throw in & was rightly booked after being warned.

The only justification for moaning is the possible penalty, but other than that thay got what they & their football deserved.

They’ve also convinced themselves Grealish dived for the penalty, even though their own players didn’t protest.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #254 on: May 11, 2019, 09:41:50 PM »
Cracking video of a pub full of Villa Sydney going ape shit when the second went in.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal