collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v WBA Post Match Thread  (Read 44166 times)

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
Re: Aston Villa v WBA Post Match Thread
« Reply #255 on: May 11, 2019, 09:42:51 PM »
I really don't get how so many people think the sending off was harsh, this is a crappy still from the video on here but you can see Gayle still on his feet with the ball pretty much in Steer's hands. He was never getting the ball and he'll have known he had no chance with loads of time to pull out of the challenge, by not doing so he clattered into the keeper. Clearly a yellow card and, as someone else said, if it was his first one no one would be commenting on it.

It’s just bitter Baggie b*llocks. ‘It Ay Fair’ episode 583.

The ball is not in his hands and the striker has to go for it imo. And not Baggies bollox from me

But he's not going for it, from that still. Steer is collecting that all day long, and Gayle's not tried to get in in front of him. I think it was a rash challenge from a frustrated competitive man.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #256 on: May 11, 2019, 09:43:07 PM »
Gayle is never getting that ball & he jumps in. A yellow card every time,  I can't see any ourcome or why they are moaning. He was taking 40 secs plus for every throw in & was rightly booked after being warned.

The only justification for moaning is the possible penalty, but other than that thay got what they & their football deserved.

They’ve also convinced themselves Grealish dived for the penalty, even though their own players didn’t protest.

Gibbs reaction was 'Shit. He has done me there!'

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #257 on: May 11, 2019, 09:44:42 PM »
Gayle had become a red card waiting to happen so it was fantastically stupid of Shan to leave him on. I think he got booked more for a totting up rather than just for that challenge, and they should have had a pen. Which is ace as the tramps were loving incompetent officials just over 5 months ago. Karma's gonna get you.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #258 on: May 11, 2019, 09:44:52 PM »
Are there any clips of Wes Eden's reactions to the goals? He was shown by the cameras at 0-1 looking-on intently.

Offline remy

• Claret & Blue Flag ALWAYS flapping
« Reply #259 on: May 11, 2019, 09:45:20 PM »
Sobered up now after a nap celebrating.

Atmosphere was fantastic throughout, it went quiet once they scored for a few mins because of the disbelief. Once Hourihane scored the decibel levels just didn’t stop.

Entire 4 corners of the ground in unison ‘fuck the albion’. Ace.

Stupendous equaliser like every Villa fan’s frustration in one swish of a boot as it arrowed into the net and the eruption before the ball dropped to the floor.

The momentum, skill and noise from the stands quickly got us the 2nd  goal, a pity the 3rd didn’t follow.

Adomah was poor, every time he received the ball he’d just pass it whereas El Ghazi on the other flank ran at them constantly. If he’d done the same I’m sure Albion may have capitulated with wave of wave of attack from both flanks plus the centre.

Smirking Gremlin sent off - deservedly so.

Jacks penalty - all day long, was right in front of me.

Short corners - WTF ?!!  None came off!

SJM nowhere near his usual self, hope he’s not burnt out.

We’ll go through Tuesday and so will Leeds on Weds.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #260 on: May 11, 2019, 09:49:17 PM »
A genuine post from SHA.

You really think the Villa supporter led FA will do anything?

I am wondering now whether they’ve actually bought the EFL. Purslow and Mendes and two billionaires. Hence them not getting touched for P&S and the League refusing to say why.
The poster is absolutely correct. I saw EFL officials  today, dozens of them, being handed thick brown envelopes as they walked into Trinity reception. All the envelopes had letters SOTC stamped on them not sure what that is all about?
Villa supporting FA hopefully will close their ground soon.

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #261 on: May 11, 2019, 09:50:03 PM »
Some Of The Cash.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #262 on: May 11, 2019, 09:51:53 PM »
Gayle had become a red card waiting to happen so it was fantastically stupid of Shan to leave him on. I think he got booked more for a totting up rather than just for that challenge, and they should have had a pen. Which is ace as the tramps were loving incompetent officials just over 5 months ago. Karma's gonna get you.
Interesting post I read on an Albion forum said if Robson-Kanu hadn't got himself sent off the other day, Shan might have brought Gayle off sooner.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #263 on: May 11, 2019, 09:52:35 PM »
A genuine post from SHA.

You really think the Villa supporter led FA will do anything?

I am wondering now whether they’ve actually bought the EFL. Purslow and Mendes and two billionaires. Hence them not getting touched for P&S and the League refusing to say why.
The poster is absolutely correct. I saw EFL officials  today, dozens of them, being handed thick brown envelopes as they walked into Trinity reception. All the envelopes had letters SOTC stamped on them not sure what that is all about?
Villa supporting FA hopefully will close their ground soon.

Maybe Woodhall has launched a coup to extend his empire.

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #264 on: May 11, 2019, 09:55:12 PM »
They’re right, though, it’s probably in everyone concerned’s best interests if we exit the EFL as soon as possible and never darken its doors again. Within the next 2-3 weeks if at all possible.

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
« Reply #265 on: May 11, 2019, 10:15:29 PM »
The Gayle sending off and the challenge  by Tammy that could so easy have been given as a pen is karma for me for the double hand ball goal in stoppage time at the yawnthorns .What goes around comes around as the saying goes

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #266 on: May 11, 2019, 10:17:36 PM »
The Gayle sending off and the challenge  by Tammy that could so easy have been given as a pen is karma for me for the double hand ball goal in stoppage time at the yawnthorns .What goes around comes around as the saying goes

Yes if Rodriguez could score an own goal on the way to us going through that would be perfect.

Online Olof's Beard

« Reply #267 on: May 11, 2019, 10:19:06 PM »
Tough going today but this team is proving itself capable of overcoming various challenges. We started brightly enough but the goal was a catastrophe and as soon as they scored, they immediately retreated into a 5-4-1 and kept the four narrow to ensure there was no space in midfield for the likes of Grealish and McGinn.

We did look devoid of ideas and strangely low on energy - most notably Mings and McGinn who were strangely subdued - but we know we have a special player in Jack and he found a way to influence the game decisively even though he was way below his best. Only Steer, Elmo, El Ghazi and Tuanzebe were anything like at their best for me (the latter was my man of the match) yet we still won. I would expect some of our lot to play much better on Tuesday and the loss of Gayle is huge for them. He was a constant menace, easily their biggest threat.

Online LukeJames

« Reply #268 on: May 11, 2019, 10:34:33 PM »
It was tough, handing them a goal meant they could they could kill the game (as they did in the league game). I have no doubt at all that in the past we would not of turned that around. Different circumstances on Tuesday as they will need to open up.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #269 on: May 11, 2019, 10:38:54 PM »
Albion were really well drilled and would gladly have accepted a draw until Glenn Whelan's wonderful through ball for Gayle to score from.  They went into an even bigger shell then until we scored and then went ahead.  I thought once they went behind and they had to change their tactics, they were out of ideas and we took even more control of the game, without, any any point, hitting some of the highs that we have in the brilliant run we've been on.  Albion will play into our hands on Tuesday. 

Magic goal from Conor, good substitution, although I was surprised Green came on earlier than Kodjia.  The next goal is absolutely massive.  We need to be really professional again and take nothing for granted.  Gayle going off is a bonus, hopefully, Johansen might be injured too.  We dominated throughout, although didn't look dangerous.  Albert was poor and no matter what Taylor does, good or bad, I have made my mind up about him that he is just a really poor footballer.  Tammy took a long time to get into the game too.  SJM had an off day, hopefully, this is his one below par game.  Well done Villa, but no half jobs please.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal