collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by AV84
[Today at 11:16:47 AM]

Press-ing on a bit by Nev
[Today at 11:16:38 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by VillaTim
[Today at 11:16:27 AM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by LeeB
[Today at 11:15:24 AM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by Clark W Griswold
[Today at 11:15:00 AM]

Champions League Contention by David_Nab
[Today at 11:12:11 AM]

Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[Today at 11:08:39 AM]

Ollie Watkins by andyh
[Today at 10:53:07 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v WBA Post Match Thread  (Read 44178 times)

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
Re: Aston Villa v WBA Post Match Thread
« Reply #270 on: May 11, 2019, 10:59:41 PM »
author=kippaxvilla2 link=topic=59765.msg3589180#msg3589180 date=1557605967]
A genuine post from SHA.

You really think the Villa supporter led FA will do anything?

I am wondering now whether they’ve actually bought the EFL. Purslow and Mendes and two billionaires. Hence them not getting touched for P&S and the League refusing to say why.

They are a carcinogen on the game. Another nail in the coffin if what little integrity remains. They’ve cheated, cheated, cheated and cheated again and again in pretty much every match, as well as on the governance side, and they’ve bought the silence of all concerned.
[/quote]

Mendes was involved in the transfer of already forgotten Portugal keeper. Don't think he's been involved since. Of course I don't see any threads on Wolves on there where he is very much involved. The SHA and black country love in no doubt.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 11:18:05 PM by SoccerHQ »

Offline villan from luton

« Reply #271 on: May 11, 2019, 11:03:15 PM »
They were defensive and time wasting from the start. We made a mistake and wasn't happy with the initial response but that changed

Offline Dinas_Caerdydd

« Reply #272 on: May 11, 2019, 11:10:14 PM »
saw the game live on sky sports and to me looked like WBA came to park the bus and hit you on the counter . think the game will be lot more open at the hawthorns well i hope so for us neutrals .

from purely a welsh perspective thought taylor was poor which is disappointing but nice to see a welsh flag draped over the barrier in the holt end after the game . i take it chester is not fit ?

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #273 on: May 11, 2019, 11:32:53 PM »
I honestly think they will set up the same way on Tuesday.  They cannot match us for quality in the middle so will look to sneak an equaliser.  I wouldn’t be surprised to see them happy with a 1-0.  As long as we don’t do anything stupid or let one in early we will get chances as the game progresses.

Offline villan from luton

« Reply #274 on: May 11, 2019, 11:33:47 PM »
saw the game live on sky sports and to me looked like WBA came to park the bus and hit you on the counter . think the game will be lot more open at the hawthorns well i hope so for us neutrals .

from purely a welsh perspective thought taylor was poor which is disappointing but nice to see a welsh flag draped over the barrier in the holt end after the game . i take it chester is not fit ?

I agree he was poor in the last area of the field, but thought he was good defensively and that is his main job

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #275 on: May 11, 2019, 11:37:14 PM »
He seems to have a brain freeze in attacking areas, agree defensively he was good.

Offline stubbsyandy

« Reply #276 on: May 11, 2019, 11:38:15 PM »
It ay fair.

Aye. But if ya are you ay: and if ya ay yer cor.
Love this!

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #277 on: May 11, 2019, 11:44:54 PM »
A genuine post from SHA.

I am wondering now whether they’ve actually bought the EFL. Purslow and Mendes and two billionaires. Hence them not getting touched for P&S and the League refusing to say why.

They are a carcinogen on the game. Another nail in the coffin if what little integrity remains. They’ve cheated, cheated, cheated and cheated again and again in pretty much every match, as well as on the governance side, and they’ve bought the silence of all concerned.

Yeah we bought it by finishing 5th.

We also kept Steve Bruce in a job to give everybody else a chance.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #278 on: May 11, 2019, 11:46:02 PM »
Thought the occasion got to our players, McGinn is an example never seen him so anonymous in a game poor all day. Watching Mings I think he's carrying an injury didn't look comfortable, he wasn't on the pitch that long but I would give Man of the Match to Hourihane, he turned the game for us and allowed Grealish to play where he is most dangerous, although Taylor was ok I would prefer Hause on Tuesday. Smith was too late making changes.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #279 on: May 11, 2019, 11:51:49 PM »
Entire 4 corners of the ground in unison ‘fuck the albion’. Ace.

Wasn't it just. Broadcast across the world.

Online taylorsworkrate

« Reply #280 on: May 12, 2019, 12:09:33 AM »
i take it chester is not fit ?

Unfair. I think he is very attractive  ;)

In all seriousness, he's now our 4th choice centre defender. Which is unbelievable considering he started the season as captain.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #281 on: May 12, 2019, 12:11:40 AM »
I was kept in rapt amusement at Madrid airport earlier by SHA.

The winner, in my arrogant opinion:

"One thing to remember and cause you to feel warm inside - we will never be like them. Never have that repugnant sense of self worth and slimy arrogance.

I’m really proud to be Blues and love our passion, good humour and self deprecation. What is football about - is it about being loved by Sky and drooled over by sanctimonious tw@ts in a TV studio? I don’t want Andy Hinchcliffe or Don Goodman to like my club. I honestly couldn’t care what any media brainwashed ex-pro thinks. It’s all unconscious bias that they don’t even know they have.

That feeling of goosebumps when we are belting out KRO at some random away ground is worth so much more to me than them lot failing.

Even if they go up - they will still be Vile fans - that deep sense of insecurity and arrogance will be with them for life. They will never win the league again and that will always cause them to have huge existential angst and deeply embedded shame.

Don’t let them get you down - I’m off for a walk with the dog with a big smile on my face. Always proud to be a Blues fan."

I chuckled for ages at the sentence in bold.

Offline Dinas_Caerdydd

« Reply #282 on: May 12, 2019, 12:28:47 AM »
i take it chester is not fit ?

Unfair. I think he is very attractive  ;)

In all seriousness, he's now our 4th choice centre defender. Which is unbelievable considering he started the season as captain.

if he's now 4'th choice at villa will be the best time for him to move on then especially if you lot hit the big time .

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #283 on: May 12, 2019, 12:31:38 AM »
author=kippaxvilla2 link=topic=59765.msg3589180#msg3589180 date=1557605967]
A genuine post from SHA.

Mendes was involved in the transfer of already forgotten Portugal keeper. Don't think he's been involved since. Of course I don't see any threads on Wolves on there where he is very much involved. The SHA and black country love in no doubt.
[/quote]

The utter hatred is slightly worrying, but also amusing.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #284 on: May 12, 2019, 12:32:05 AM »
He’s only been in full training for just over a week.  Not ready for today.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal