collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v WBA Post Match Thread  (Read 44163 times)

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
Re: Aston Villa v WBA Post Match Thread
« Reply #210 on: May 11, 2019, 07:35:01 PM »
I haven’t seen or heard a post match interview with Deano yet.
Other than ‘yeah,no fuck the Albion’ has anyone heard what he had to say? I’d be interested to hear his thoughts on the first half.
He said we weren’t at our best but found a way to win

Online AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #211 on: May 11, 2019, 07:36:50 PM »
Where in the ground could you have fitted another 1000 spectators in today?  Strange attendance announcement.
Not for the first time this season

Online SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #212 on: May 11, 2019, 07:39:34 PM »
Where in the ground could you have fitted another 1000 spectators in today?  Strange attendance announcement.

That could bit under the Big screen seems to be used as segregation nowadays so that's another couple of hundred seats not used.

Point was made WBA got 2k allocation from an away end that holds 2.8k so there's nearly a thousand empty seats. Don't understand them in home end as all tickets were apparently sold.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #213 on: May 11, 2019, 07:41:34 PM »
I actually don’t blame them for their tactics today. If you’re away in the first leg and you’re gifted an early goal it doesn’t make much sense to keep pushing for a second.

Do you anticipate us parking the bus on Tuesday, then? It's shit, and it got them what it deserved.

No I don’t, and I wouldn’t want us to. But the moral outrage about it seems a bit silly (and petty seeing as we won anyway).

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #214 on: May 11, 2019, 07:44:56 PM »
I haven’t seen or heard a post match interview with Deano yet.
Other than ‘yeah,no fuck the Albion’ has anyone heard what he had to say? I’d be interested to hear his thoughts on the first half.

On our FB Page.

Offline Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #215 on: May 11, 2019, 07:50:15 PM »

It's about time one of them got sent off for being a dirty ******.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #216 on: May 11, 2019, 07:53:29 PM »
Hadn’t seen the other angle. It’s a stupid challenge, if he’d got a first yellow for that nobody would be talking about it. His own stupid fault.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #217 on: May 11, 2019, 07:57:24 PM »
Despite his bell endedness I thought he gave us problems all afternoon.  So vital he misses Tuesday.  However, he missed the league game at Villa as well for all the good it did us.

Offline mike

« Reply #218 on: May 11, 2019, 08:00:38 PM »
Hadn’t seen the other angle. It’s a stupid challenge, if he’d got a first yellow for that nobody would be talking about it. His own stupid fault.

That is a straightforward yellow card.

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #219 on: May 11, 2019, 08:10:01 PM »
They showed character, Smith showed that he can change the game, it's good stuff and I'm (naturally) still predicting a heartbreaking defeat on penalties either at theirs or in the final, but I guess I'll enjoy this while I can!

Offline mike

« Reply #220 on: May 11, 2019, 08:13:41 PM »
They showed character, Smith showed that he can change the game, it's good stuff and I'm (naturally) still predicting a heartbreaking defeat on penalties either at theirs or in the final, but I guess I'll enjoy this while I can!

Born in Birmingham?

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #221 on: May 11, 2019, 08:18:32 PM »

Born in Birmingham?

Wasn't aware that there were geographical qualifications required.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #222 on: May 11, 2019, 08:34:55 PM »
I actually don’t blame them for their tactics today. If you’re away in the first leg and you’re gifted an early goal it doesn’t make much sense to keep pushing for a second.

Do you anticipate us parking the bus on Tuesday, then? It's shit, and it got them what it deserved.

No I don’t, and I wouldn’t want us to. But the moral outrage about it seems a bit silly (and petty seeing as we won anyway).
I don't really get the moaning about parking the bus tactics.  It's not pretty but it's a perfectly valid tactic and if sides aren't good enough to break it down then that's their problem.  That said I wouldn't want to watch it season in, season out.

Offline simboy

• GM : 05.11.2024
« Reply #223 on: May 11, 2019, 08:35:59 PM »
Thought Smith got his tactics right today. Whelan was always going to start, bringing CH on after 70 minutes or so as the game opened up a bit. Personally think Hourihane needs the game to have opened up a little to be effective, whereas Whelan works better in the three when it’s more cagy.

Individual error gave them their goal, two decent bits of football by Grealish creating space for the equaliser and drawing the foul for the second won it for us. Two more wins this season and we can look forward to watching Jack play premiership football live rather than on Match of the Day

Defensively, thought Mings was off the pace as was Axel, thought Taylor looked good and don’t get the rubbishing of him on here. Links well with the wingers, is the pace to cover any counter attack from corners, admittedly lightweight sometimes and distribution can be poor. But he’s a pretty good championship left back imho, and I’m not sure Hause is still fully fit. It’s a big call to change your defence voluntarily in such an important game.

Finally, those short corners. Why? We strive to get the ball in the box from wide whenever we can, we score goals from corners and create problems. Nothing came from the first two short corners today, why’ve not drop one to the near post and one to the back post, get Grealish on the edge of the box, get the opposition worried about him. It’s a small point but frustrated me. 

Online Joe S

• GM : 09.05.2024
« Reply #224 on: May 11, 2019, 08:37:30 PM »
I’ll catch up with the match thread later but for now...

...and fuck the Albion! :D

Excellent, for my amusement a few filters to celebrate

host photo

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal