collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jacob Ramsey  (Read 266856 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Jacob Ramsey
« Reply #1110 on: June 08, 2022, 11:32:38 AM »
Somebody needs to tell the models for this brand that they're promoting a racially offensive word:

https://www.boy-london.com/collections/men/products/boy-eagle-scribble-tee-white-black

Offline Chap

• http://www.chap23.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
« Reply #1111 on: June 08, 2022, 01:31:19 PM »
Probably also gender offensive these days as well!

Offline trinityoap

« Reply #1112 on: June 08, 2022, 01:48:09 PM »
Doesn't this look a bit too similar to the nazi eagle for comfort?

Offline D.boy

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #1113 on: June 09, 2022, 11:02:20 AM »
Never mind the logo, £60 for a bloody T-shirt is daylight robbery!

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 14.03.2024
« Reply #1114 on: June 11, 2022, 08:43:41 AM »
I bought a few 'Oliphil' ( some Toulouse rugby player brand) polo-shirts, the name, that were on sale and reduced from 80€ to about 30€.

I wore them twice and they look like I've mopped the floor, washed the windows and buffed the car with them. Imagine having paid full price for them. Egg-chasing wanker swizz rip-off togs!

Offline JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
« Reply #1115 on: June 11, 2022, 08:51:29 AM »
Somebody needs to tell the models for this brand that they're promoting a racially offensive word:

https://www.boy-london.com/collections/men/products/boy-eagle-scribble-tee-white-black

Boy were selling these t-shirts down on the Kings Road in the 70's. Nothing new. I am surprised people are still buying them. 

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #1116 on: July 06, 2022, 05:52:15 PM »
Although Gerrard mentioned adding another midfielder to the squad to compete, Ramsey plays a key role in our midfield with what he brings

SG will play Ramsey and other younger players like Chukwuemeka if they are deemed deserving and the best players (as demonstrated in training, attitude, and in games).
It will be intriguing to watch the competition for starting positions in the midfield since I only see Jacob Ramsey getting better this season.

At the start of season, Ramsey would be in my starting eleven.

Offline Risso

« Reply #1117 on: July 07, 2022, 08:46:49 AM »

At the start of season, Ramsey would be in my starting eleven.

Absolutely. As things stand he's our best midfielder. He tailed off a bit in the second half of last season, but that's natural for a youngster.

I wonder if Gerrard will try something like this:

Martinez
Cash Carlos Mings Digne
         Kamara
Buendia             Ramsey
Bailey  Watkins  Coutinho

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #1118 on: July 07, 2022, 11:34:57 AM »
In a lot of games you probably want 2 centre midfielders to slot in and cover the space that the fullbacks have left behind them when they push forward so you need 2 DM's in a lot of games. It's only when someone plays a low press against you when you can probably get away with just 1.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #1119 on: July 07, 2022, 12:35:01 PM »

Martinez
Cash Carlos Mings Digne
         Kamara
If all are fit and in-form, this is a strong side. I am a Bailey-doubter and would prefer to see McGinn on the right, with Buendia and Cash. However, Bailey is undoubtedly an asset if he can find the form he promises.
Like OCD, I believe we need to bring in another CMF either to pair with Kamara or to cover for him.

Offline Risso

« Reply #1120 on: July 07, 2022, 02:00:53 PM »

Martinez
Cash Carlos Mings Digne
         Kamara
If all are fit and in-form, this is a strong side. I am a Bailey-doubter and would prefer to see McGinn on the right, with Buendia and Cash. However, Bailey is undoubtedly an asset if he can find the form he promises.
Like OCD, I believe we need to bring in another CMF either to pair with Kamara or to cover for him.

I agree, I have deep reservations about Bailey, but we'll need his pace as otherwise it's all a bit samey in midfield and up front. Hopefully the mythical "full pre-season" will get him up to where he needs to be.

Offline jwarry

« Reply #1121 on: July 07, 2022, 04:32:46 PM »
Whichever way you look it we do now have an embarrassment of riches.  I keep thinking we need a couple more signings but when you see that side on paper knowing who is in reserve you have got say we shouldn’t have any excuses

Offline Paul.S

« Reply #1122 on: July 08, 2022, 08:05:42 PM »
I agree with what’s been said about Foden. A real talent but will be be allowed to show that maverick style under Guardiola? There’s no doubt Grealish is being turned into a different player but the press will tell you he’s being turned into a “better player.”
I’d rather watch the likes of Ramsey and Archer etc proposer at a proper club where they can express themselves than watch “Pep ball” every week.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #1123 on: July 15, 2022, 03:52:13 PM »
Nice piece on the OS with JJ and AJ interviewing eachother - https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2022/july/15/jj-x-aj--a-walk-and-talk-with-the-ramsey-brothers/

Offline SaddVillan

• 1000 ft up in the hills gazing down on Manchester
« Reply #1124 on: July 15, 2022, 04:18:47 PM »
Nice piece on the OS with JJ and AJ interviewing eachother - https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2022/july/15/jj-x-aj--a-walk-and-talk-with-the-ramsey-brothers/

Great interview, two smashing lads.

Come across as very humble and aware that they both need and  want to keep getting better and to help each other to do so. Both realise that they've still got a lot to learn and have aspects of their game that they need to improve on and really appreciated being out on loan.

Total absence of Billy Big Bollocks Syndrome (CC take note).

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal