collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jacob Ramsey  (Read 281621 times)

Online Dave P

• GM : PCM
Re: Jacob Ramsey
« Reply #1140 on: August 14, 2022, 09:47:50 AM »
I thought he was caught a lot on possession yesterday but he carried the ball forward more than most. I’d say he needs a few weeks out of the team, but not many others can bring what he can offer.

Out of the team or not starting 11?
I'm interested as to basis.  Is that due to his possession?
Still is building fitness but showed good energy. There are raw elements still only 21 expecting a strong season though.
I was encouraged to hear the sensible words by Gerrard about football being a squad and not simply 11 players.
Gerrard will use the players accordingly. I think he starts away to Palace.
By all means Gerrard may use other players though I would still have Ramsey as a starter and if he wasn't he certainly would get minutes from the bench

Out of the starting 11. Definitely not out of the squad or club!

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #1141 on: August 14, 2022, 12:29:57 PM »
I thought he was caught a lot on possession yesterday but he carried the ball forward more than most. I’d say he needs a few weeks out of the team, but not many others can bring what he can offer.

Out of the team or not starting 11?
I'm interested as to basis.  Is that due to his possession?
Still is building fitness but showed good energy. There are raw elements still only 21 expecting a strong season though.
I was encouraged to hear the sensible words by Gerrard about football being a squad and not simply 11 players.
Gerrard will use the players accordingly. I think he starts away to Palace.
By all means Gerrard may use other players though I would still have Ramsey as a starter and if he wasn't he certainly would get minutes from the bench

Out of the starting 11. Definitely not out of the squad or club!

Yeah the ball retention is one area to improve

Offline robleflaneur

« Reply #1142 on: August 15, 2022, 05:09:13 PM »
The dribbling at pace is a joy to watch.His shooting can be powerful and accurate.
However,he can be a weakness in getting caught in possession in our half and his tackling is not that good.
Would a role further forward be more suitable as it would play to his strengths ,ie; a midfield trio of Buendia,Kamara and McGinn,with 2 from JJ,Coutinho and Bailey in more advanced positions.
A trio of Watkins,Bailey and JJ might be too quick for defences,especially in away matches.

Online dcdavecollett

« Reply #1143 on: August 16, 2022, 01:41:22 AM »
Seems reasonable.

I love watching JJ, Emi and KKH when they surge forward with the ball. Somehow, I expect something exciting to happen!

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #1144 on: August 16, 2022, 01:15:09 PM »
I saw a stat where last weekend he had the most carriers in midfield than any other player across Europe

Offline jwarry

« Reply #1145 on: August 16, 2022, 03:53:16 PM »
Just watched Saturdays highlights again and it is surprising how he gets away from people.  He doesn’t look quick but he ease past people and they struggle to keep up with him

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #1146 on: August 16, 2022, 04:45:16 PM »
He's a fine athlete but needs to contribute (a lot) more to the general midfield play. With and without the ball. No point likes of McGinn and Luiz getting slated for not getting us playing when in a three Ramsey is equally as guilty. I think we will see a lot more of him getting stuck in this season, definitely has the physique for it.

Offline jwarry

« Reply #1147 on: August 16, 2022, 04:48:01 PM »
He's a fine athlete but needs to contribute (a lot) more to the general midfield play. With and without the ball. No point likes of McGinn and Luiz getting slated for not getting us playing when in a three Ramsey is equally as guilty. I think we will see a lot more of him getting stuck in this season, definitely has the physique for it.

Yep good point.  With his boxing physique he is capable of bullying people  but doesn’t quite have the confidence yet

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #1148 on: August 19, 2022, 10:03:03 PM »

Contributed the most in Europe of ball carries into final third (10 times,) there has been no one with more impressive numbers this season.
So it's just the end product but we know he can score goals and assist.
He's clearly very dangerous and offensive player.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 10:05:18 PM by Footy-Vill »

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #1149 on: August 20, 2022, 12:28:32 PM »
My analysis tells me Jacob Ramsey should be able to carry the ball past palace defenders
« Last Edit: August 20, 2022, 05:00:05 PM by Footy-Vill »

Offline Nelly

• rahix.music
  • GM : 01.05.2023
« Reply #1150 on: August 20, 2022, 02:07:33 PM »
I want him to do more than carry the ball though. There was a sweet few moments where he, Buendia and Digne had some really nice link up along the left of our attack against Everton. I'd want to see much more of that. Hopefully in time.

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #1151 on: August 20, 2022, 02:21:30 PM »

Come on JJ
« Last Edit: August 20, 2022, 04:58:50 PM by Footy-Vill »

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1152 on: August 20, 2022, 09:51:33 PM »
McGinn is the main problem in midfield but JJ isn’t warranting a starting place at the mo. I think if we go with a double pivot with Kamara and Doug behind him it could work, and bring out his best attributes, but at the moment he’s a bit of a passenger. Clearly a fundamental part of this is tactics, but it’s also down to his performance levels.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1153 on: August 20, 2022, 10:22:33 PM »
I think he is poor defensively and this is being shown up. It’s not working with him and Mcginn needing to provide defensive cover as neither are any good at it.

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #1154 on: August 20, 2022, 11:23:46 PM »
Ducked out of tracking Hughes for that chance late on. Our team and particularly midfield is a shambles but Ramsey shouldnt be avoiding criticism. Running forward with the ball is only a small part of what makes a midfielder at this level.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal