collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jacob Ramsey  (Read 278129 times)

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
Re: Jacob Ramsey
« Reply #1125 on: July 15, 2022, 06:03:31 PM »
Absolutely fantastic. 

I love that Aaron has been rewarded with a trip to Aus.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1126 on: July 15, 2022, 06:26:18 PM »
Good lads and that is what Carney is missing.

Offline Hillbilly

« Reply #1127 on: July 16, 2022, 01:10:22 AM »
Their AFL kicking technique needs some work ;-)

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #1128 on: July 16, 2022, 06:59:14 PM »
They're not used to kicking a ball that shape!

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #1129 on: July 17, 2022, 08:33:11 PM »
Started off the season how he finished the last session - very much as a bystander - he needs to up his game somewhat if he wants a starting berth.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1130 on: July 17, 2022, 08:43:08 PM »
It’s to do with the position he’s being asked to play. Left side of midfield doesn’t suit him at all. He needs to be more central.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #1131 on: July 17, 2022, 10:36:32 PM »
Started off the season how he finished the last session - very much as a bystander - he needs to up his game somewhat if he wants a starting berth.

It was only a friendly.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #1132 on: August 14, 2022, 08:31:37 AM »
It's incredible how he carries the ball and gets us up the pitch.
Against Everton, he had that incredible energy and never stopped running.
I believe he will have a successful season.
Dare I say it, but he reminds me of Grealish in terms of how he assists our team in possession of the ball.
Its the way he carries with the ball but far quicker than JG. JJ also entice opposing players to him and often only stopped by being fouled because he so quick.

We could have had a penalty from am early first half dribble and JJ still had raw elements in his play but quality is there to see.
Also lovely to hear the chant 'one of our own' go round Villa and he can be pleased with his effort yesterday. Came across well on TV so can imagine was great being there in the atmosphere
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 08:35:35 AM by Footy-Vill »

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #1133 on: August 14, 2022, 08:35:41 AM »
Dare I say it, but he reminds me of Grealish in terms of how he assists our team in possession of the ball.
Its the way he carries with the ball but far quicker than JG. JJ also entice opposing players to him and often only stopped by being fouled because he so quick.

We could have had a penalty from am early first half dribble and JJ still had raw elements in his play but quality is there to see.
Also lovely to hear the chant one of our own go round Villa and he can be pleased with his effort yesterday.

He'd be a whole lot better if he could play off his left peg, as well as his right. 3 or 4 times he got to the byline and then had to check back into traffic.
That said, after a patchy first half he played well.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #1134 on: August 14, 2022, 08:44:04 AM »

Also lovely to hear the chant one of our own go round Villa and he can be pleased with his effort yesterday.

He'd be a whole lot better if he could play off his left peg, as well as his right. 3 or 4 times he got to the byline and then had to check back into traffic.
That said, after a patchy first half he played well.

His left foot is often good, to the extent I thought he was left footed.  I think the problem might be the pace he is moving means he cannot break his stride to have a swing, but it is often that pace with the ball that gets him there.  Lightening pace running with the ball.

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #1135 on: August 14, 2022, 08:48:34 AM »
100% agree. JJ uses both feet. The left foot is quality. He's scored goals off that peg.And also wasn't the enticing cross which Coutinho was unable to get on the end of a left-footed cross from the byline
JJ can go both ways. On the ball, demonstrated some quality turns and on MOTD made the point regarding Watkins' needs to be in the box and at the end of the cross, JJ made

Cole and Ferdinand, BT Sport pundits, praised him as well.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 08:51:25 AM by Footy-Vill »

Offline Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1136 on: August 14, 2022, 09:00:35 AM »
I thought he was caught a lot on possession yesterday but he carried the ball forward more than most. I’d say he needs a few weeks out of the team, but not many others can bring what he can offer.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #1137 on: August 14, 2022, 09:14:05 AM »
Some of the talk around me was of him losing the ball a few too many times, but there was also talk of us being too passive and playing too many ‘safe’ passes. He took a few risks and made a few mistakes. More please.

Offline Nii Lamptey

« Reply #1138 on: August 14, 2022, 09:15:55 AM »
I thought he was caught a lot on possession yesterday but he carried the ball forward more than most. I’d say he needs a few weeks out of the team, but not many others can bring what he can offer.
Agreed. I didn’t get the plaudits he received yesterday…. The driving runs (*which were great) hid a lot of what he did wrong in midfield yesterday. Screaming at him for constantly getting caught/muscled off the ball.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 02:17:51 PM by Nii Lamptey »

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #1139 on: August 14, 2022, 09:18:55 AM »

Out of the team or not starting 11?
I'm interested as to basis.  Is that due to his possession?
Still is building fitness but showed good energy. There are raw elements still only 21 expecting a strong season though.
I was encouraged to hear the sensible words by Gerrard about football being a squad and not simply 11 players.
Gerrard will use the players accordingly. I think he starts away to Palace.
By all means Gerrard may use other players though I would still have Ramsey as a starter and if he wasn't he certainly would get minutes from the bench

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal