collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: NSWE Investment  (Read 621710 times)

Offline clash city rocker

Re: NSWE Investment
« Reply #2610 on: October 10, 2021, 02:46:02 PM »
The Saudis might have loads of dollar but wont FFP hamper them.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #2611 on: October 10, 2021, 03:18:58 PM »
The Saudis might have loads of dollar but wont FFP hamper them.

I read they can spend figures around 190m to 205m before FFP?

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2612 on: October 10, 2021, 03:24:49 PM »
That's barely enough to save them from relegation.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #2613 on: October 10, 2021, 03:32:01 PM »
Maybe they’ll mirror Man City and ignore the FFP rules, then hire better lawyers than the FA and UEFA have.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #2614 on: October 10, 2021, 05:23:48 PM »
I have no major dislike for newcastle, but ive always found the media hype around them and what their passionate loyal fanbase deserve, rather bizarre and misplaced. Their a big city club no doubt, but they are also a one city club. If blues and the baggies didnt exist, we would have an extra  40,000 supporters. They’ve essentially won bugger all since a period of cup wins in the 50s and not much before that.
Obviously times are changing for them, but the media fawning is aggravating, to me anyway. I do think it would be very funny if the football Gods, deemed to send Newcastle down before they can properly start spending their oil cash.

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #2615 on: October 10, 2021, 05:29:11 PM »
At what point will all the premier league clubs be owned by billionaires? Sort of levels the playing field for everyone.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #2616 on: October 10, 2021, 05:33:12 PM »
if there's 7 or 8 clubs that are loaded, then it'll be nice to see a few of them fail each season by not reaching the Champions League

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #2617 on: October 10, 2021, 05:34:39 PM »
if there's 7 or 8 clubs that are loaded, then it'll be nice to see a few of them fail each season by not reaching the Champions League

One or two, not "a few". Don't forget they're changing the rules to give teams who don't make the top four a back door way into the competition.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #2618 on: October 10, 2021, 05:35:50 PM »
At what point will all the premier league clubs be owned by billionaires? Sort of levels the playing field for everyone.

I think it's only Norwich, Watford and Leeds who aren't, plus maybe West Ham if you take the two Davids individually. Just different levels of billionaire and willingness to spend is the main distinction at the moment.

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #2619 on: October 10, 2021, 05:45:42 PM »

One or two, not "a few". Don't forget they're changing the rules to give teams who don't make the top four a back door way into the competition.

Plus of course it won’t be too long before a pretext is alighted upon for reanimating the European Super League.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2021, 05:47:15 PM by Richard E »

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #2620 on: October 10, 2021, 05:45:43 PM »

hopefully that rule change suits us in the coming years...

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #2621 on: October 10, 2021, 05:56:44 PM »
Hopefully we finish so high up, it doesn't affect us.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #2622 on: October 10, 2021, 05:58:29 PM »
As minted as Man City’s current owners are they have spent £1.3bn on 70 players since taking control in 2008. So while that is an obnoxious amount it’s a fraction of their wealth. So just because the consortium at Newcastle have more collectively it’s not like they will be able to do so much more as quickly as some think they will. Rich doesn’t guarantee success. It merely suggests they will try to get it faster relative to the competition. But it isn’t easy to just buy whoever you want because those players aren’t just going to drop everything to roll up at Newcastle. All top players have money now. What the top players want is to maximize their chances of playing and winning in the best competitions. Newcastle cannot offer that any time soon. 

My perspective on how we are doing it hasn’t changed. I’d like for us to do it faster at first team level and I’m still not entirely convinced Dean Smith is the man to do it. But his progress and trajectory cannot be denied and he needs the opportunity to succeed. And what we have coming through is incredibly encouraging. For me, I really like overall the direction we are headed.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2021, 06:00:19 PM by Toronto Villa »

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #2623 on: October 10, 2021, 07:45:12 PM »
TBH I think having a literally endless supply of money and a burning urge to buy yourself prestige and acceptance in the wider world does guarantee success.

I also think Newcastle will have no more problems attracting players than Man City did when they started waving around insane money.

Being a billionaire is no longer enough, you need to be a multi-billionaire, and we are lucky enough to have two of them.

Where it differs with Man City and potentially Newcastle is the money is on a different level entirely.

Offline Rory

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2624 on: October 10, 2021, 07:49:56 PM »
TBH I think having a literally endless supply of money and a burning urge to buy yourself prestige and acceptance in the wider world does guarantee success.

I also think Newcastle will have no more problems attracting players than Man City did when they started waving around insane money.

Being a billionaire is no longer enough, you need to be a multi-billionaire, and we are lucky enough to have two of them.

Where it differs with Man City and potentially Newcastle is the money is on a different level entirely.

Sadly, I agree. (Sad with the sentiment, not sad to be in agreement with you, Paulie.)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal