collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 11:04:06 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by Dr Butler
[Today at 10:50:21 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 10:49:10 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:46:00 AM]

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 10:36:15 AM]

Re: Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:35:30 AM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[Today at 10:29:02 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:21:16 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: NSWE Investment  (Read 621619 times)

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
Re: NSWE Investment
« Reply #2595 on: October 09, 2021, 08:59:41 AM »
Probably more worrying for the likes of  Leicester, Everton Spurs and Arsenal than the big4 i'd say in the short term. Maybe us I guess.. None of the big 4 get their own way with bringing in players and lose out to each other. Will need a good 5-10years of consistently challenging/winning the pl/appearing in the CL before they can attract the top players with brand recognition and persuade them  to travel to the "back of beyond". I'm not sure ManCity can even attract those sort of players yet.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #2596 on: October 09, 2021, 09:22:23 AM »
When the oil rich slave operators came in and took control of Man city it had a fundamental impact on Lerner's ambitions at Villa park. He realised that the game was up and money  required to compete at the highest level was out of his reach.  Let's hope the same doesn't happen to NSWE and we go back to square one.

I personally I think it had more to do with bad manager choices and MON’s behaviour that made him lose interest
but I’m only surmising obviously

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #2597 on: October 09, 2021, 10:09:08 AM »
Lerner was a combination of the monetary issues highlighted by others (divorce, family trust, loss of cash etc) and the fact that he had a manager who spent a fair bit of money on a defence one year (eg Cuellar, Davies and Shorey) decided they were all mostly shit, so replaced them all next year (Warnock, Collins and Dunne). He was therefore in a position that he couldn't really afford it any more, and had a manager he didn't trust who wasn't going to advance past 6th place, but who still retained a Brian Clough God complex. All of the good players like Young and Milner realised it too, so that was the beginning of the end.

It was just a shame for us at the time that Lerner didn't put the club up for sale there and then, rather than trying to keep at it for another 4-5 years before selling to Shitty Shoe Bastard Tony X.

Offline Border villan

• Carrying out missionary work on the Welsh border.
« Reply #2598 on: October 09, 2021, 12:13:02 PM »
Lerner was a combination of the monetary issues highlighted by others (divorce, family trust, loss of cash etc) and the fact that he had a manager who spent a fair bit of money on a defence one year (eg Cuellar, Davies and Shorey) decided they were all mostly shit, so replaced them all next year (Warnock, Collins and Dunne). He was therefore in a position that he couldn't really afford it any more, and had a manager he didn't trust who wasn't going to advance past 6th place, but who still retained a Brian Clough God complex. All of the good players like Young and Milner realised it too, so that was the beginning of the end.

It was just a shame for us at the time that Lerner didn't put the club up for sale there and then, rather than trying to keep at it for another 4-5 years before selling to Shitty Shoe Bastard Tony X.

Taking the long view and with hindsight selling to Tony was a blessing in disguise that became apparent just over three years ago.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #2599 on: October 09, 2021, 12:23:42 PM »
I'm intrigued to see with the Saudis specifically target their Qatar 'brothers' - bidding for their players, competing for other potential incomers; and whether that becomes slightly obsessive for them.
Regardless, until they can get into Euro football comps they are - like us - somewhat limited in likely success in hiring the very best.

I notice the Grauniad has reported today that the other 19 clubs in the Prem, are up in arms about the takeover: a tad hypocritical in the case of some, surely?!

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #2600 on: October 09, 2021, 10:14:26 PM »
Staverley has gone all Krulak, proclaiming world domination in 5 to 10 years.  Go find a decent manager first.  The Toon army deserve a bit of joy for once but not with those murdering fucks in charge.

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #2601 on: October 09, 2021, 10:19:19 PM »
Staverley has gone all Krulak, proclaiming world domination in 5 to 10 years.  Go find a decent manager first.  The Toon army deserve a bit of joy for once but not with those murdering fucks in charge.

On what basis do they ‘deserve’ anything?

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #2602 on: October 09, 2021, 10:23:23 PM »

I was going to ask that.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #2603 on: October 09, 2021, 10:27:51 PM »

I was going to ask that.

A couple of relegations, followed by immediate promotion, mid-table Premier League finishes and only spending £40m on strikers, makes me feel physically sick what these guys have had to go through.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #2604 on: October 09, 2021, 10:32:36 PM »

On the same basis as Small Heath deserve to be accepted at the only team representing City of Birmingham.

Offline Rory

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2605 on: October 09, 2021, 10:35:22 PM »

I was going to ask that.

Because their fans are better and more passionate than any other fans worldwide, for no reason anyone can explain.

Online aj2k77

« Reply #2606 on: October 10, 2021, 12:33:14 AM »
It's like a religion to them, their Catherdral being St James Park and their idol being wor Bobby or King Kev. Plus they're or were everyone's second team. So yeah, I can't wait for Newcastle to win the league!

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #2607 on: October 10, 2021, 12:44:57 AM »
Probably more worrying for the likes of  Leicester, Everton Spurs and Arsenal than the big4 i'd say in the short term. Maybe us I guess.. None of the big 4 get their own way with bringing in players and lose out to each other. Will need a good 5-10years of consistently challenging/winning the pl/appearing in the CL before they can attract the top players with brand recognition and persuade them  to travel to the "back of beyond". I'm not sure ManCity can even attract those sort of players yet.
Yeah, I agree there. I think it'll be Arsenal who take the biggest hit. They've already been slowly slipping down the pecking order, and quite realistically could find themselves below ourselves, Spurs, Everton, Newcastle, Leicester, Liverpool, Manc City, Man Utd, and Chelsea. Plus the odd side that finishes a bit higher than expected, West Ham or Leeds or someone similar.

Top half finishes are going to be a struggle for them, let alone qualifying for Europe.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #2608 on: October 10, 2021, 08:32:24 AM »
I'm intrigued to see with the Saudis specifically target their Qatar 'brothers' - bidding for their players, competing for other potential incomers; and whether that becomes slightly obsessive for them.
Regardless, until they can get into Euro football comps they are - like us - somewhat limited in likely success in hiring the very best.

I notice the Grauniad has reported today that the other 19 clubs in the Prem, are up in arms about the takeover: a tad hypocritical in the case of some, surely?!
The hypocrisy of the ‘breakaway’ six is sickening and laughable in equal measures.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #2609 on: October 10, 2021, 02:09:40 PM »
If Newcastle came in with 100m bids for our players like McGinn ot Martinez would be good business sense to sell.
Beauty we have is that all our players bar wesley are worth considerably more so sell on Value is powerful

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal