collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by Risso
[Today at 02:00:06 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 01:59:07 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by WassallVillain
[Today at 01:54:03 PM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Toronto Villa
[Today at 01:50:22 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Risso
[Today at 01:43:13 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 01:30:57 PM]

Re: Aston Villa Leisure Centre by Pete3206
[Today at 01:30:43 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by WassallVillain
[Today at 01:28:22 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa vs Brighton - pre match tea & biscuits - Sun, May 28 4.30pm  (Read 17335 times)

Online rob_bridge

I see all 3 relegation battlers getting at least a point.

I think Villa will win 3-1.

Offline supertom

We've got to be right on it, but I'm hoping they take their foot off the gas a bit after their excellent result yesterday. This is a big test for us because our Achilles heel has often been getting the result we need to. Emery has definitely improved us in terms of focus and composure. I hope we hit them early, then try to take control of the game whilst we're ahead.

I suspect Leeds will get something from Spurs, who have already hit the beach. Not sure they're all that enamoured with the idea of a conference league as their inflated expectation is top 4 every year.

It'd be a massive kick in the plums to lose out on Europe last day. Ollie is due a goal too, I'm really hoping we get off the blocks quick and go a goal up. One thing we still need to improve on is conversion and getting ourselves 2-3 up when we're in the ascendency. So we've got to be clinical when we're on top.

Long suffering villa fan in me says 1-1 and Spurs win.
Head says we will just be on it a bit more and win 2-0. An early goal, a bit of unease in the middle and a late settler.
Heart says 3-0.

Online Dogtanian

• GM : 06.06.2024
It's hard to predict really, but I think we will win.

If they'd beaten Man City yesterday, they'd have a shot at 5th place. But now they're confirmed 6th regardless, so there's more in it for us. But still you'd expect them to want to go out on a high too.

I think we will have a great atmosphere, the team will go for an early goal, possibly even changing ends to attack the Holte in the first half again. We're going to fight for it.

Hopefully gone are the decades of getting close to something then shitting ourselves.

Offline Paul.S

Think we need to be very careful with our playing out from the back as tonight Brighton put a lot of pressure on City’s defence and goalkeeper when they were passing around at the back.
They are are reasonable side so hope we are at our best on Sunday.

Maybe we won’t play out from the back. Newcastle set up to press our game from the front and Emery bypassed it and the rest is history. One thing I think we all have is a huge confidence in Emery. He’ll have a plan, will have watched hours of Brighton’s play. I think he’s up against a very good coach but what he’s better than most at is putting together a plan for every opponent.
To win, Watkins will need to have a Newcastle type performance but our midfield is more than capable of winning the battle. A tough 2-1 win for us.

Online Dogtanian

Think we need to be very careful with our playing out from the back as tonight Brighton put a lot of pressure on City’s defence and goalkeeper when they were passing around at the back.

Maybe we won’t play out from the back. Newcastle set up to press our game from the front and Emery bypassed it and the rest is history. One thing I think we all have is a huge confidence in Emery. He’ll have a plan, will have watched hours of Brighton’s play. I think he’s up against a very good coach but what he’s better than most at is putting together a plan for every opponent.
To win, Watkins will need to have a Newcastle type performance but our midfield is more than capable of winning the battle. A tough 2-1 win for us.

I agree. I think we need McGinn to be at his hounding best and his arse to be top of it's game.

Against Newcastle, when Watkins hit the post in the first minute it sent them a message. Seconds later, their left back had recovered the ball and was idling looking up the pitch deciding what to do with it and McGinn just hit him and stopped him in his tracks, sending another message.

We need to be that solid again. Same as against Spurs. They need to know early on they're in a fight.

Offline Paul.S

I agree. I think we need McGinn to be at his hounding best and his arse to be top of it's game.

Against Newcastle, when Watkins hit the post in the first minute it sent them a message. Seconds later, their left back had recovered the ball and was idling looking up the pitch deciding what to do with it and McGinn just hit him and stopped him in his tracks, sending another message.

We need to be that solid again. Same as against Spurs. They need to know early on they're in a fight.

Let’s hope Digne is at it at left back. He’ll be our main attacking option out wide due to the injury to Moreno. On his day he’s a good fullback but he doesn’t have the pace of Moreno. Maybe Cash will play at right back and Digne will stay at home. This will be a very interesting tactical battle between 2 very good coaches.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
Is Moreno definitely out?

Offline Paul.S

Is Moreno definitely out?

Nothings been said yet. I’m just going on what I saw at Liverpool which didn’t look the best. Let’s hope not but it didn’t look good.

Online Dogtanian

He wasn't in the training pics posted yesterday, though that's not always an indicator.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
He wasn't in the training pics posted yesterday, though that's not always an indicator.

At least Digne seemes to be fit though, which is good. Was worried we'd be without both of them, which wouldn't be positive at all.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
We've never lost at home to them when there's been a crowd. That won't change Sunday.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
Is this on telly?

Offline Towser

• GM : 09.06.2024
Have a look at this from @villaverse on twitter, I dont know who they are but my goodness https://twitter.com/louisdebono2/status/1661703477167308807?s=20

Online villadelph

• @villadelph
Have a look at this from @villaverse on twitter, I dont know who they are but my goodness https://twitter.com/louisdebono2/status/1661703477167308807?s=20

Well done. Sinatra and Villa - gotta love it.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/

Well done. Sinatra and Villa - gotta love it.

Oh wow! That is a thing of beauty.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal