collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa vs Brighton - pre match tea & biscuits - Sun, May 28 4.30pm  (Read 17713 times)

Offline The Moose

• GM : 03.08.2016
Happy Rotterdam Day everybody!

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
Honestly, fuck these no marks, they've finished 6th and think they're the new incarnation of Johan Cruyff's Ajax. How many times have they won at Villa Park in their entire history? Once?

https://www.northstandchat.com/threads/villa-fans-view-on-our-team-for-sunday.401556/page-5

Online Dogtanian

• GM : 06.06.2024
It's the age old story. A club spends a few seasons in the premier league, gets a few plaudits and a run in europe, and suddenly they think they're 'established' in the top flight and one of the big boys.

They never are. They're the new Bolton, Ipswich, Wigan, Portsmouth, Blues, Baggies...

I don't mind their doing well, I wish the current state of football allowed more clubs to go on the journey they are on, but how quickly it makes sections of the fanbase lose perspective it's ridiculous.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
It's the age old story. A club spends a few seasons in the premier league, gets a few plaudits and a run in europe, and suddenly they think they're 'established' in the top flight and one of the big boys.

They never are. They're the new Bolton, Ipswich, Wigan, Portsmouth, Blues, Baggies...

I don't mind their doing well, I wish the current state of football allowed more clubs to go on the journey they are on, but how quickly it makes sections of the fanbase lose perspective it's ridiculous.

You missed out The Dingles, the biggest example of the phenomenon.

I enjoy watching Brighton but it will mean more to us than them so reckon the extra motivation will make the difference.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
That is exactly what I hate fans of this sort of club - nb not the club, what they have done is admirable on lots of levels, but the fans.

Where were the vast majority of these when their local club was teetering on the edge of extinction for years playing in front of two men and a dog in a back garden someone had lent them?

Wearing Man United or Liverpool shirts and watching ‘their team’ in the local, that’s where.

Their opinions are null and void for me.

In the end regression to the norm will happen to them like it seems to be about to to Leicester.

They’ll be as much the future of football as Swansea ended up pretty soon.

Online rob_bridge

They are a notch up from some of those mentioned but all a bit more Blackburn 2007, Swansea 2012, Saints 2015 etc... genuine over achievers with a production line of talent which could be sold for big money.
Keeping that model going is hard - as Leicester have found to their cost seemingly.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
I've said it many a time. You get a no mark club with twelve thousand supporters, who spend most of their leisure time being told by their Manchester United-'supporting' 'mates' that they should support a proper club. Then they get into the Premier League, their 'mates' realise who they've really been supporting all their lives and their ground is full of families there for the authentic Premier League Experience with painted faces and clappers. At which point they start thinking of themselves as our equals.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
Digression but it still pisses me off that Swansea won the League Cup 10 years ago when it was ours for the tekking.

Offline Duncan Shaw

That does seem a bitter set of posters on that forum - unlike the fella who was on here earlier.

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
Honestly, fuck these no marks, they've finished 6th and think they're the new incarnation of Johan Cruyff's Ajax. How many times have they won at Villa Park in their entire history? Once?

https://www.northstandchat.com/threads/villa-fans-view-on-our-team-for-sunday.401556/page-5
When they reference the injustice at "White Heart Lane" a few weeks ago, you just know they are well-informed, diehard supporters.

Offline CT Villan

I don't see the problem with the BHA message board, it's fairly typical of the sort of things we write every week. I actually quite like Brighton, they play a great brand of footie and the way they develop players is to be admired. They are also not a part of the scum 6 and are attempting to break-up the monopoly, like us. More power to us both !

Of course I want us to win the last Euro spot, so hope we beat them soundly on Sunday but their continued success would not bother me in the slightest. in fact I'd applaud it.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
I'd rather have Brighton doing it than Spurs or Chelsea. They've got a few people getting carried away on a forum, big deal, so do we.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.

When they reference the injustice at "White Heart Lane" a few weeks ago, you just know they are well-informed, diehard supporters.

They brought up SheffieldUnitedHawkeye so you know they're proper supporters.

Offline Deano's Mullet

People seem to forget the point we should have had at Palace that year when Lansburys goal was disallowed for..... still trying to work out why. Deduct us the Sheffield Utd point and give us the Palace point and its the same thing, we'd have survived.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
One poster said they 'owed us' a beating.

Fuck off, you haven't been competing with us long enough to owe us anything.

They can get to fuck.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal