collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Forge10
[Today at 09:36:30 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Steve67
[Today at 09:36:26 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Steve67
[Today at 09:35:09 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by VILLA MOLE
[Today at 09:34:14 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Ian.
[Today at 09:34:00 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Forge10
[Today at 09:33:56 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by waynejames
[Today at 09:33:35 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Villa in Denmark
[Today at 09:32:02 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa vs Brighton - pre match tea & biscuits - Sun, May 28 4.30pm  (Read 17799 times)

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
Most Brighton fans I've met have been sound, if I'm honest.

Twats on the internet are just twats on the internet.

Draw at best this Sunday.  Thought fatigue would be kicking in for Brighton with the volume of games they've faced in the last part of the season after the cup run.  But not so.

For other clubs, the prospect of losing two of their better players this summer would set them back. But BHA must be growing 'em in the back garden. There's always plenty more.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
I hope Emery remind the lads of thier coaches comments when we beat them at thier place.

Claims of "time wasters" and even had the neck to call us "boring"

Hope we boringly put 4 up them....then waste some time

Offline Taylor

I hope Emery remind the lads of thier coaches comments when we beat them at thier place.

Claims of "time wasters" and even had the neck to call us "boring"

Hope we boringly put 4 up them....then waste some time
Absolutely this. Bloody upstarts. A double over this lot would be very welcome.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
We were under pressure for a lot of the second half so we probably did time waste. We'll probably be moaning about teams time wasting against us next season. It's the natural order of things.

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
I don't see the problem with the BHA message board, it's fairly typical of the sort of things we write every week. I actually quite like Brighton, they play a great brand of footie and the way they develop players is to be admired. They are also not a part of the scum 6 and are attempting to break-up the monopoly, like us. More power to us both !

Of course I want us to win the last Euro spot, so hope we beat them soundly on Sunday but their continued success would not bother me in the slightest. in fact I'd applaud it.

Agreed. Big difference between them and the likes of Chelsea/MC.

Online ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
I’m in California this week up near Yosemite. Will be fast asleep for the game and hope I wake up to good news.

Would really like Everton and Leeds to get relegated, but will settle for a Leeds win just in case.

Online Flamingo Lane

I've had a good regard for Brighton ever since the 1971/72 season when we and them were promoted together from the old Third Division. Both games between the two teams were featured on Match of the Day. Brighton that season were managed by Pat Saward, who played for Villa in the 1957 FA Cup final. Their average attendance that season was almost 18,000, not at all bad for that time in that division. Ours of course was somewhere around 30,000 but then we were unique.

Offline tomd2103

It's the age old story. A club spends a few seasons in the premier league, gets a few plaudits and a run in europe, and suddenly they think they're 'established' in the top flight and one of the big boys.

They never are. They're the new Bolton, Ipswich, Wigan, Portsmouth, Blues, Baggies...

I don't mind their doing well, I wish the current state of football allowed more clubs to go on the journey they are on, but how quickly it makes sections of the fanbase lose perspective it's ridiculous.

It's worse when it's a club from the Midlands and all the 'mind the gap Villa' and 'pride of the Midlands' nonsense starts up. 

It's OK though because as soon as they come up, the clock immediately starts ticking on the countdown to when they will be mid-table Championship fodder again. 

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
Didn't Brighton have to go and play at Gillingham for a season or two after getting turfed out of Goldstone Ground in late 90s?

Then they played at that bizarre Athletics stadium for most of the 2000s so they did lose a generation of match going fans from all that mismanagement until they moved to the Amex.

Not a club I'm that fussed about either way, just hope they're not 100% on it tomorrow!

Offline frank

• GM : 29.01.2025
Didn't Brighton have to go and play at Gillingham for a season or two after getting turfed out of Goldstone Ground in late 90s?

Then they played at that bizarre Athletics stadium for most of the 2000s so they did lose a generation of match going fans from all that mismanagement until they moved to the Amex.

Not a club I'm that fussed about either way, just hope they're not 100% on it tomorrow!
Yes, their fans had to travel 70 miles to Gillingham for a couple of years and then the club found a temporary home in Brighton at the Withdean, a totally unsuitable athletics track (but not as unsuitable as where West Ham play).
Living in Sussex, I know a number of Brighton fans and I'm pleased for them at the club's revival. It's a great feeling for a fan that your club's never been higher in the league than at the present moment, and the way they've achieved this over the past few months is really impressive. Of course I desperately want Villa to win tomorrow and take the next step in our own revival, but I do admire Brighton's progress.

Offline gpbarr

• GM : 31.03.2017
Very impressed with Brighton - think this will be a score draw.

But I don’t see Spurs beating Leeds so Europe here we come 😀

Online Richard

• GM : 08.06.2024
Don't have any strong feelings on BHA either way but they're good to watch. Nice that potentially them us and Brentford will finish above 2 of the Sky 6, long may that continue.

Offline Goldenballs

Don't mind Brighton at all, play entertaining football, majority of the fans seem sound. Like others, I'd rather see them play in the Europa at the expense of Spurs/Chelsea, because it's funny.

Went on a stag do to Brighton ages ago, was a good laugh.

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
Brighton was a laugh. That's why we went down. It was a giggle, that's all.

Online itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
Don't mind Brighton at all, play entertaining football, majority of the fans seem sound. Like others, I'd rather see them play in the Europa at the expense of Spurs/Chelsea, because it's funny.

Went on a stag do to Brighton ages ago, was a good laugh.
having lived there a few years mid 2000s no fucker 8 met supported them. All supported Chelsea. Never saw a shirt either. Not once.

Compare working in Cov for 7 years. Shirts everywhere despite what division they were in.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2023, 04:00:38 PM by itbrvilla »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal