collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Liverpool + Help - 1 Villa - 1 Post Match Thread  (Read 22282 times)

Offline The Man With A Stick

Re: Liverpool + Help - 1 Villa - 1 Post Match Thread
« Reply #315 on: May 23, 2023, 04:28:37 PM »
So after the ridiculous 10 minute's added on at Scamfield the explanation was that they were adopting the strict policy from the world cup that ALL stoppages would be added on for the remainder of the season.

I've heard that as well.  However, was that communicated widely before the games at the weekend?  I hope it doesn't become the norm.
I don't mind either way but what I would really like is consistency because the way it panned out the weekend only our game and the Wolves game seem to have adopted the world cup method of applying injury time. I honestly it stinks.

Spurs' game had about 9 minutes as well I think though, amazingly, Manyoo (who only had a one goal lead over Bournemouth) only ended up playing four minutes, so I can only assume nothing of note happened in their second half.

The whole thing is an absolute shower of shit.

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #316 on: May 23, 2023, 05:46:30 PM »
I thought that they introduced this directly after the WC and that it had gradually fallen by the wayside? There are more questions yet again about interpretation that only gives more weight to the conspiracy theories.

Also, if they really had issued a directive last weekend how about communicating that to the wider world beforehand so those attending the games understand instead of seemingly rolling it out as an excuse afterwards?

They're so not-fit-for-purpose it's as though they were run by Dido Harding

They did a similar interpretation change earlier on in the season where they booked "the third man" who approached the ref in the same weekend. A wolves player was sent off, a city player got a yellow. Strangely the approach was dropped soon after that.

Offline pablo_picasso

• Disclaimer: I may appear more grumpy than I am.
  • GM : 17.11.2024
« Reply #317 on: May 23, 2023, 07:44:32 PM »
Fantastic to see such sour grapes from such a disgusting club. They're that desperate to get into the top 4?

Wankers
This.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal