collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Everton v Aston Villa Pre Match  (Read 14655 times)

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
Everton v Aston Villa Pre Match
« on: February 21, 2023, 11:26:35 AM »
When: Saturday 25 February Kick off 3PM
Venue: Goodison Park, Liverpool

This should be the penultimate fixture at Goodison Park between Everton and Villa. The most often played top division fixture in English football. We usually do well up there and I see no reason why that trend should not continue, Sean or no Sean.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
Re: Everton v Aston Villa Pre Match
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2023, 11:35:19 AM »
Time for us to get back to winning ways. Won't be pretty, 1-0 to the Villa.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2023, 11:48:03 AM »
I worry about this one. They've got the new manager bounce, we've in the middle of the usual our players are still crap after all not quite so new manager slump. Everton are still pretty rubbish but Dyche has got them organised and we'll need to out battle their midfield three of Doucourre, Onana and Gueye, so for this I'd probably bring Dendoncker in next to Luiz and Kamara, as those two are a bit on the weedy side.

Martinez
        Cash Konsa Mings Digne
McGinn Kamara Dendoncker Luiz Coutinho
                   Watkins

I think if we stick with the 4-4-2 and just Luiz and Kamara in midfield we'll get overrun and lose, and we know what this lot are like once the rot sets in.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2023, 12:10:59 PM »
2-1 to them

We're far too soft at the back.

Online wince

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2023, 12:23:19 PM »
Reckon we will have too much for them. We need a result, if only to make this forum happy again. Going for a wild card but 1-4 with Watkins, Duran, Ford Cortina and Little Emi to score for us. Whoever needs a goal to get them scoring again for them.

And sod Dyche and the blue scouse

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2023, 12:44:08 PM »
I think we'll win.
Off the back of losing to the two best sides in the league I reckon we'll have too much for them.
It won't be easy but I'm going for a nice stress free, run of the mill 3-2 win!

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2023, 12:44:47 PM »
Reckon we will have too much for them. We need a result, if only to make this forum happy again. Going for a wild card but 1-4 with Watkins, Duran, Ford Cortina and Little Emi to score for us. Whoever needs a goal to get them scoring again for them.

And sod Dyche
and the blue scouse
McIniesta wouldn't have it any other way.

McGinn once told Dyche to: “Shut up.”

Dyche said: “You’ve been in the Prem one year and you think your big time now telling me to shut up?”

McGinn replied:  “You’ve been in the prem for 6 years and you’re still wearing that
s*** coat, you big p****.”

Apparently Dyche got something in on Ginny first but it came out one sided.

LeeB would say I made it all up though!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2023, 12:47:45 PM by Footy-Vill »

Offline levico

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2023, 12:45:44 PM »
Everton will do what we should be doing - grind out a 1-0 win. Given our defence they might even manage 2.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2023, 12:51:27 PM »
Not like you to swear FV, even if quoting third-parties. At least you used asteriks.

This game, like every time we played Dyche's Burnley, will be horrible. They've tightened-up at the back and while they pose bugger-all attacking threat from open-play, they will look to murder us at set-pieces. Given the number of unforced errors at the back we concede and the stupid goals we give away, I'm not feeling optimistic about this.

Offline Skerra

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2023, 01:06:26 PM »
Another team needing the points…please step forward Aston Villa, the team that just keeps on giving. 1-0 Everton.

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2023, 01:06:33 PM »
A tougher assignment than it appeared a few weeks ago but we should still be optimistic. That said, we are playing games strewn with errors and these really need to be reduced on order to pick up the points we think we should.

For Emery, this is a far bigger game than last week in that a positive result is expected. I don't think we'll get the one we want though. I hope the Manager proves me wrong.

1-1

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2023, 01:22:39 PM »
A win and much needed 3 points for them. 1-0, 2-1 or 2-0 something like that.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2023, 01:50:30 PM »
I'm looking forward to going to Goodison Park I can see us winning 2-1.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2023, 01:54:22 PM »
The on pitch referee is Anthony Taylor.
Given most yellow cards and most red cards this season yet has form for our players getting kicked. He tries to impose himself on games though not so much Villa ones find him a vastly over rated official.

Certainly, when his mind is elsewhere and he is not focused, he makes mistakes, but he had no excuse for not giving a first-half sending off in the Fulham V Villa playoff final. Even looking back today, it is beyond words. It was unavoidable that they had someone on red for a second booking, but that came second half amd Fulham should have been dowm to 10 first half.

This is the ref who went on his stag do in Marbella just a few days before a Burnley v Swansea game and wrongfully awarded a penalty to Dyche's team in a shocking decision and blunder, as was own Burnley striker who did a handball but gave it as a Swansea player.
Dyche, of course, praised Taylor's performance after the game.
For Villa He hasn't even given us a penalty on us in ten years.
Actually, the most recent penalty 2013!  was awarded against Everton. Though Beneteke missed it, it's unclear then if thats a sign or not
(And we lost 2-0 at Villa Park.)

As I say this was the referee for our play off final defeat to Fulham who never sent off Frederick's for the stamp on Jack and never awarded us that late penalty. Had me raging way he was letting fouls go and even as the referee for Emery's first match, a rout of Manchester United at Villa Park! He was making mistakes in that game letting Ramsey and particularly Leon Bailey getting assaulted time and again but there was one in our favour because PGMOL admitted that the referee was wrong to move Manchester United's wall further back, allowing Digne to score a free kick.

Certainly had is mind on the World Cup or something during that game but then maybe he enjoys letting our players getting kicked!

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2023, 01:57:43 PM »
Please stop going on about signs, it's meaningless.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal