collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Everton v Aston Villa Pre Match  (Read 14701 times)

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
Re: Everton v Aston Villa Pre Match
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2023, 02:14:59 PM »
We have the team to win this game, hopefully we have the mentality to see it through. Their crowd will be up for it, but we need to quieten them with what has become a customary early goal(s). I’m looking for Ollie to continue his goal form and for Kamara and Emi M who have been guilty of recent mistakes/bad decisions to step it up again. UTV!

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2023, 02:36:14 PM »
Urgh this’ll be painful. They’re not any good but they’re solid now.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2023, 03:04:41 PM »
We will get back to winning ways and we will go on a little run that puts us right back into contention for a European spot. In the end we will likely just miss out but offensively we have played well enough to win 2 of the last 3. We will of course need to be much better defensively but the sides we are facing in the next few games (and I include Chelsea in that) don’t have anything like the attacking threat of Man City or Arsenal, and even Leicester.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2023, 03:29:52 PM »
They will target us at corners and if we're bullied aerially, I can kind of live with that far more than the Stevenage/Arsenal equaliser where that awful defending of the near post and a short-corner led to daisy-cutters from the edge of the box nestling in the back of the net. To happen once is piss-poor, to allow it a second time is amateur and a proper bonehead's bank holiday.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2023, 03:53:27 PM »
They will target us at corners and if we're bullied aerially, I can kind of live with that far more than the Stevenage/Arsenal equaliser where that awful defending of the near post and a short-corner led to daisy-cutters from the edge of the box nestling in the back of the net. To happen once is piss-poor, to allow it a second time is amateur and a proper bonehead's bank holiday.

I think Calvert-Lewin will be out, so they'll probably use Maupay again. I'd actually prefer Mings and Konsa to be up against DCL, as they tend to handle physical battles better than more nippy, tricksy players.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2023, 03:54:38 PM »
Oh that awful little Maupay is a certainty to score

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2023, 03:56:01 PM »
Sweepstake for the first Handball claim from the crowd. I'll go with 8 minutes.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2023, 04:51:45 PM »
Sweepstake for the first Handball claim from the crowd. I'll go with 8 minutes.
Haha so true. 
And biggest prize to the correct guess of the minute they make their club safety announcement over the public address system - they insist on it. 

Last season was a nasty atmosphere in the Luca Digne derby.
I hope their fans have learnt from last season after the scandalous attack throwing a drinks bottle at Digne and Cash.
Several objects were thrown towards our players one Everton fan arrested after Cash And Digne were struck.
Gerrard actions didn't help the atmosphere for the baying fans of Everton.
And I appeared to be in the minority in my strong disapproval in his staring down and all that with Everton fans. Some of their fans are something else but Emery, a man of greater repute, is far more professional.

And so what are we to expect of Martinez for the game on Saturday;
if he starts, he shouldn't provoke the crowd with any antics, though I'm sure will revel in it.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2023, 06:02:54 PM »
I worry about this one. They've got the new manager bounce, we've in the middle of the usual our players are still crap after all not quite so new manager slump. Everton are still pretty rubbish but Dyche has got them organised and we'll need to out battle their midfield three of Doucourre, Onana and Gueye, so for this I'd probably bring Dendoncker in next to Luiz and Kamara, as those two are a bit on the weedy side.

Martinez
        Cash Konsa Mings Digne
McGinn Kamara Dendoncker Luiz Coutinho
                   Watkins

I think if we stick with the 4-4-2 and just Luiz and Kamara in midfield we'll get overrun and lose, and we know what this lot are like once the rot sets in.

Good shout regarding Dendoncker. If he isn't still on the naughty step since Stevenage it would be good to give him a start and a big plus at set piece time which Dyche will target. I saw these v Liverpool, win the midfield battle and we will win.

Offline bob

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2023, 06:35:13 PM »
Reckon we will have too much for them. We need a result, if only to make this forum happy again. Going for a wild card but 1-4 with Watkins, Duran, Ford Cortina and Little Emi to score for us. Whoever needs a goal to get them scoring again for them.

And sod Dyche
and the blue scouse
McIniesta wouldn't have it any other way.

McGinn once told Dyche to: “Shut up.”

Dyche said: “You’ve been in the Prem one year and you think your big time now telling me to shut up?”

McGinn replied:  “You’ve been in the prem for 6 years and you’re still wearing that
s*** coat, you big p****.”

Apparently Dyche got something in on Ginny first but it came out one sided.

LeeB would say I made it all up though!

This is the most played top-flight game of all time, Footy.

Offline Goldenballs

« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2023, 07:03:39 PM »
Draw at best, we'll get bullied.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2023, 07:25:09 PM »
Reckon we will have too much for them. We need a result, if only to make this forum happy again. Going for a wild card but 1-4 with Watkins, Duran, Ford Cortina and Little Emi to score for us. Whoever needs a goal to get them scoring again for them.

And sod Dyche
and the blue scouse

Dyche said: “You’ve been in the Prem one year and you think your big time now telling me to shut up?”

McGinn replied:  “You’ve been in the prem for 6 years and you’re still wearing that

That is an amazing fact!
The game should be way more celebrated than it is. only ever gets a brief mention. Feel it should be a Super Sunday compulsory match for the world to see and the history archives but Sky is more about Prem league. For tradition, everything definitely should be built up for Any Villa Everton just like the way those Liverpool-Manchester United matches get top billing for
For Villa and Everton are the true representation of grand clubs and are the original big clubs of English football.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2023, 07:29:21 PM by Footy-Vill »

Offline astonvilla82

« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2023, 09:56:50 PM »

And sod Dyche
and the blue scouse

That is an amazing fact!
The game should be way more celebrated than it is. only ever gets a brief mention. Feel it should be a Super Sunday compulsory match for the world to see and the history archives but Sky is more about Prem league. For tradition, everything definitely should be built up for Any Villa Everton just like the way those Liverpool-Manchester United matches get top billing for
For Villa and Everton are the true representation of grand clubs and are the original big clubs of English football.
as long we get 3 points I don't care about Everton one bit

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2023, 10:06:44 PM »
2-0.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2023, 10:35:32 PM »
Draw at best, we'll get bullied.
We'll get bullied by a shit team that’s spent a fair amount of time in the bottom 3? Get a grip will you!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal