collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Manchester United vs Aston Villa Post-Match Analysis  (Read 17498 times)

Online Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
Re: Manchester United vs Aston Villa Post-Match Analysis
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2022, 10:15:25 PM »
I'm convinced we win that with a proper starting 11, especially at the back. Not impressed with Unai tonight. He has over a month with most of them to work out if they are good enough, not chucking away our best chance of a trophy. As for Olsen, he's shit, Steven Wonder knows he's shit, it doesn't take another shambolic first team performance to find out he's shit.

You must be on the wind up you silly sausage!

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2022, 10:15:59 PM »
Only one person to blame for that tonight and that's Emery.  Said he wanted to win a trophy, yet blatantly surrenders his first opportunity to do so with an utterly ridiculous team selection against a United side there for the taking. 

Spot on! At least Manchester's closer than Moscow.

Offline Paul.S

« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2022, 10:16:28 PM »
Only one person to blame for that tonight and that's Emery.  Said he wanted to win a trophy, yet blatantly surrenders his first opportunity to do so with an utterly ridiculous team selection against a United side there for the taking.

That’s a bit harsh. He did say he wanted to win a cup, but he’s here for over 4 years and there’s a reason why he’s got such a long contract. There’s no way anyone is taking us from where we were/are to cup winners and mid table in 6 months.
This squad is not good enough, nowhere near it. Let’s let him work his magic and build us into a decent team.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2022, 10:17:51 PM »
Surely Emery has the ability to watch our previous matches? I'm with PWS, play a proper team tonight and we win that. He brings in Olsen, Chambers, Augustinsson, McGinn and Ings and they were all utterly abysmal.

Offline BC Villain

« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2022, 10:18:13 PM »

Are you taking the piss
Some of the comments on here tonight have beggared belief.

Yes.  How dare we be fed up as we surrender yet another opportunity to push for silverware.  I support Emery, but he shouldn't be immune from criticism when he gets it wrong

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2022, 10:18:19 PM »
I said the players all had a clean slate and the only one who.looks as bad as he was under the previous Manager (apart from Olsen) was McGinn who I would've hooked instead of Ramsey. The defence got noticeably worse when Mings came on but with that keeper it must be hard to have any confidence.

Despite the disappointment of tonight there is much to be optimistic about, play our strongest side on Sunday and we can win.

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2022, 10:18:24 PM »
McGinn is a worry now and I think his time is up with us. I don’t think he’s cut out for a high tempo one touch passing game. He needs a touch, it slows down the game, then instead of passing it short quickly he has to try his little wiggle and then look for the long pass which then goes astray, or he’s tackled while making up his mind.

It’s hard to be too critical as he’s done wonders for us for a fraction of a cost and been a brilliant character.  It’s a shame and I don’t think it’s loss of form either, he’s just not good enough for the type of football we are trying to play.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2022, 10:18:53 PM »

Spot on! At least Manchester's closer than Moscow.

Quite. No need under any circumstances for all those changes. Madness.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2022, 10:18:54 PM »
The lessons that Unai, Pako et al hopefully have learned:
- Olsen is shit.
- Chambers is not a good LCB option.
- McGinn does not have the necessary quality.
- Ings is limited, in the modern game where players need to be multi-functional.
- Augustinsson showed why Sweden has not made the World Cup.
- what's the downside in giving Archer some gametime?!!
- Ashley Young is 37, FFS.

Also:
- contrary to my previous comments, Bailey may be a player
- Watkins is worth persevering with, as long as he is played to his strengths
- J Ramsey can thrive
- Kamara is classy ...
- ... as is Luiz
- I wouldn't be averse to Mings going elsewhere

Offline SamTheMouse

• Location: The Land of the Fragrant Founders of Human Rights, Fine Wines & Bikinis
  • GM : 03.11.2024
« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2022, 10:18:55 PM »
Well, if nothing else Emery will hopefully have seen that one or two players simply aren't up to it.

Olsen, Ings, and McGinn all want binning asap.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2022, 10:19:01 PM »
We look so much better going forward all of a sudden. The midfielders played their part in that good build up play as well but they didn’t half give the ball away a lot, all of them really but particularly Kamara and McGinn. Then there was the defence and GK, they just ran through the centre backs, Mings was all over the place but I suppose it can be difficult as a CB coming on during the game. Olsen was fucking awful.
A mention for Young though who had a really good game again before he came off.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2022, 10:19:09 PM »
We don't have a "strongest eleven". Martínez aside, the rest of them have been inconsistent and in & out of the team. I don't think Cash playing instead of Augustinsson makes any difference. McGinn was always likely to come in with Dendoncker cup-tied. Ramsey and Luiz are in form, and Kamara is meant to be the most talented of the lot so none of that was a surprise.

Olsen has had three baptisms of fire - at the Etihad, St James' Park and tonight. Feel sorry for the fecker...clearly not up to it, but we haven't exactly eased him in - did he even play at Bolton in the last round?

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2022, 10:20:14 PM »
Hopefully Emery has got this sort of silly tinkering out of his system before the FA Cup in January.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2022, 10:20:15 PM »
I think Archer must have pissed in Emery's shoes.

Online Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2022, 10:20:36 PM »
Lol, no, fuck off. GM's are on the piss take xD

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal