collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Manchester United vs Aston Villa Post-Match Analysis  (Read 17438 times)

Offline bilsim

• I just love Aston Villa.
Re: Manchester United vs Aston Villa Post-Match Analysis
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2022, 10:06:13 PM »
Hard to take considering how poor United were, but a special mention has to go to Olsen for one of the worst performances I've seen in years. Hopeless, hopeless goalkeeping and a strong feeling that with Emi in sticks we'd be looking forward to a cup run.

Offline Villan For Life

• GM : 07.08.2024
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2022, 10:06:45 PM »
We troubled them, they were rattled. I’m disappointed with the result but when was the last time we really troubled them at old Trafford?

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2022, 10:06:50 PM »
Why didn't we play our strongest 11? Unai said he wants to win a trophy with Aston Villa then starts Olsen?? Absolutely fuming

Hi bab, missed you. Get up to anything much the weekend?

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2022, 10:07:17 PM »
A defensive disasterclass second half. Yet again Ollie fluffs his lines with a gilt edged chance to put us 3-2 up. Unai will have learned a lot from tonight. Hopefully anyway. Bye Olsen.

Offline D.boy

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2022, 10:07:38 PM »
Where did the idea that we can pass it around the back 3 yards out come from, disaster waiting to happen.
Olsen made some good saves but let himself and the team down with that howler.

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2022, 10:08:12 PM »
Watkins played well but when put through after brilliant work by Bailey he showed how shit he can really be. Then pretending he was hurt. Tosser!

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2022, 10:08:13 PM »
We troubled them, they were rattled. I’m disappointed with the result but when was the last time we really troubled them at old Trafford?

Twice last season.

Offline Villan82

« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2022, 10:08:40 PM »
Only one person to blame for that tonight and that's Emery.  Said he wanted to win a trophy, yet blatantly surrenders his first opportunity to do so with an utterly ridiculous team selection against a United side there for the taking.

Ridiculous.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2022, 10:08:58 PM »
Hugely disapppointing last half hour.

Worked ourselves in a really good position at 1-2 up and then we gave away some amateurish goals.

I'm afraid with high lines and constantly passing from the back this defence has mistakes in them when under pressure.

Wouldn't have taken Ramsey off, bit surprised by that as Kamara looked gassed from hour mark and McGinn also faded so think Unai got that wrong.

Bailey was great when he came on. Crucial passage of play was him wriggling away from 3-4 of their players, hitting a lovely pass through and then Ollie comically miscontrols it. They score a minute later.

Offline Meanwood Villa

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2022, 10:09:01 PM »

We beat them there last season and drew there two seasons before that.

Offline Aldridge Villa

« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2022, 10:09:16 PM »
Oh well, at least we’ll get our chance for revenge when the FA Cup 3rd round draw is made.

Offline The Edge

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2022, 10:10:37 PM »
I'm convinced we win that with a proper starting 11, especially at the back. Not impressed with Unai tonight. He has over a month with most of them to work out if they are good enough, not chucking away our best chance of a trophy. As for Olsen, he's shit, Steven Wonder knows he's shit, it doesn't take another shambolic first team performance to find out he's shit.
Convinced? I'm not. We looked terrible when our so called best defenders came on. Mings was an absolute shambles.

Online Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2022, 10:10:40 PM »
Only one person to blame for that tonight and that's Emery.  Said he wanted to win a trophy, yet blatantly surrenders his first opportunity to do so with an utterly ridiculous team selection against a United side there for the taking. 

Are you taking the piss

Offline Villan82

« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2022, 10:10:55 PM »
I'm convinced we win that with a proper starting 11, especially at the back. Not impressed with Unai tonight. He has over a month with most of them to work out if they are good enough, not chucking away our best chance of a trophy. As for Olsen, he's shit, Steven Wonder knows he's shit, it doesn't take another shambolic first team performance to find out he's shit.

Ridiculously harsh.

Offline Paul.S

« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2022, 10:11:16 PM »
Well he’s seen it for himself now. We are a bottom half team that need coaching and new players.
I’ve no issue with Emery having a look at the whole squad and the same old issues are still there.
Some will improve but there’s quite a few who just aren’t good enough. This will be a long job, there’s no way we were winning this cup or any other this season. If he gets us to 12th then he’ll have done some job.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal