collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by dcdavecollett
[March 28, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 10:54:34 PM]

FFP by AV82EC
[March 28, 2024, 10:36:39 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Demitri_C
[March 28, 2024, 10:29:02 PM]

GUESS THE CROWD R22: ASTON VILLA v Wolves, Saturday 30th March! 🥧 by ironmaidenmania
[March 28, 2024, 08:43:00 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:05:25 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Left Side
[Today at 12:52:12 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by tomd2103
[Today at 12:47:19 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:33:09 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by KevinGage
[Today at 12:22:56 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 12:10:30 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Manchester United vs Aston Villa Post-Match Analysis  (Read 17075 times)

Offline Clark W Griswold

Re: Manchester United vs Aston Villa Post-Match Analysis
« Reply #255 on: November 11, 2022, 03:10:12 PM »
That 18 year old for them was fucking incredible for his age. Shame he plays for them ****** really.

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #256 on: November 11, 2022, 03:24:04 PM »
When Watkins missed that chance at 2-2, after Bailey had taken on half the Man U team and put him through, I sort of knew. I was bewildered by the goal he scored. Momentarily possessed by a footballer.

Kamara clearly and understandably tired, our subs didn't get up to speed with the game and we just defaulted to play like fodder again.

I'm glad Emery picked who he did. At least now he knows what he's got to work with, who he can rely on, etc.
It was obvious that he would rest key players and take a look at others who may be on the fringes. He now knows McGinn is a busted flush at the top level. Augustinson is absolutely not up to this standard and I wouldn't expect to see him or Olsen in a Villa shirt again unless we were desperate. I've been reminded on here of Olsens recent poor display at Newcastle and agree that was one risk Emery really didn't need to take. Everyone already knows how poor Olsen is and I actually think an in form Emi Martinez would of saw us victorious. I'm looking forward to a strong display at Brighton with a few players out to prove a point.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2022, 03:39:39 PM by The Edge »

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #257 on: November 11, 2022, 03:58:21 PM »
When Watkins missed that chance at 2-2, after Bailey had taken on half the Man U team and put him through, I sort of knew. I was bewildered by the goal he scored. Momentarily possessed by a footballer.

Kamara clearly and understandably tired, our subs didn't get up to speed with the game and we just defaulted to play like fodder again.

I'm glad Emery picked who he did. At least now he knows what he's got to work with, who he can rely on, etc.
It was obvious that he would rest key players and take a look at others who may be on the fringes. He now knows McGinn is a busted flush at the top level. Augustinson is absolutely not up to this standard and I wouldn't expect to see him or Olsen in a Villa shirt again unless we were desperate. I've been reminded on here of Olsens recent poor display at Newcastle and agree that was one risk Emery really didn't need to take. Everyone already knows how poor Olsen is and I actually think an in form Emi Martinez would of saw us victorious. I'm looking forward to a strong display at Brighton with a few players out to prove a point.

McGinn is having a bad season so far, he's not a busted flush. See the stats from last season for some evidence.

We may see Olsen again for the FA Cup, though I'd rather we didn't. Augustinsson I'm not yet sure about, though given the choice I'd rather Ashley Young were ahead of him in the pecking order.

Offline TonyD

« Reply #258 on: November 11, 2022, 03:58:57 PM »
He didn’t have to play that team to know it would be shit.

I think it was expectations more than anything.   Given his track record on winning cups I genuinely thought we had a great chance of winning the LC. Especially so many big teams going out the days before.

Then to start with such a bad team after Sunday is crazy.   The inevitable happened:  played decent football in brief spells - played shite football in long spells - put ourselves under pressure and individuals made howlers and the game slipped away.  Pretty much a classic Gerrard performance.   

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #259 on: November 11, 2022, 04:31:21 PM »
Great to se Watkins dink the ball in a 1-on-1: where did he learn that?!

Offline Lastfootstamper

« Reply #260 on: November 11, 2022, 04:34:55 PM »
There's a lot of posts that seem to overlook the fact that this much derided starting eleven took the lead in the game, and not only once, they did it twice. They didn't fall behind until the 78th minute, by which time they'd been 'bolstered' by Cash, Mings, Bailey and Buendia.

I'm not defending the lineup, it's not one I would have picked, but I think insinuations that Emery should've known they're just a massive bunch of losers are wrong.

Offline gpbarr

• GM : 31.03.2017
« Reply #261 on: November 11, 2022, 05:48:56 PM »
I must be in the minority (who saw us win the big one) but I cannot be arsed with the Carabou fuckin Cup! Tin pot.

If we want to be big time then we got to act big time. This cup is beneath us - and if it’s so important to some then let’s go after the FA Cup (which still has a tinge of credibility to it).

Emery will have learnt a lot about the depth of the squad and that is critical - some of the criticism is a joke.

Offline Meanwood Villa

« Reply #262 on: November 11, 2022, 05:52:04 PM »

Yes, a composed, clinical finish. Shame about the one at 2-2 where Bailey put him through and he looked like a puppy with a balloon

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #263 on: November 11, 2022, 05:57:05 PM »
I must be in the minority (who saw us win the big one) but I cannot be arsed with the Carabou fuckin Cup! Tin pot.

If we want to be big time then we got to act big time. This cup is beneath us - and if it’s so important to some then let’s go after the FA Cup (which still has a tinge of credibility to it).

Emery will have learnt a lot about the depth of the squad and that is critical - some of the criticism is a joke.

The first two paragraphs are some of the biggest bollocks I've ever seen on here.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #264 on: November 11, 2022, 05:58:41 PM »

What utter bollocks, how on earth is this cup below us, when we have won precisely nothing in nearly 30 years? Even Man City take it seriously and they've won 6 league titles in the last ten years.

The League Cup finals in the 90s were fantastic and the Tranmere home semi is probably my favourite home match ever.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #265 on: November 11, 2022, 06:16:11 PM »

Two excellent touches before it too.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #266 on: November 11, 2022, 09:16:57 PM »

I think it was expectations more than anything.   Given his track record on winning cups I genuinely thought we had a great chance of winning the LC. Especially so many big teams going out the days before.

Then to start with such a bad team after Sunday is crazy.   The inevitable happened:  played decent football in brief spells - played shite football in long spells - put ourselves under pressure and individuals made howlers and the game slipped away.  Pretty much a classic Gerrard performance.

How you found out Emery before everyone else?

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #267 on: November 11, 2022, 09:21:07 PM »

Have you found out Emery before everyone else?

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #268 on: November 11, 2022, 09:21:51 PM »
There's a lot of posts that seem to overlook the fact that this much derided starting eleven took the lead in the game, and not only once, they did it twice. They didn't fall behind until the 78th minute, by which time they'd been 'bolstered' by Cash, Mings, Bailey and Buendia.

I'm not defending the lineup, it's not one I would have picked, but I think insinuations that Emery should've known they're just a massive bunch of losers are wrong.

I agree, the line up was ok, they did more than OK if it wasn't for the fact the keeper just totally went to shit.

Online dcdavecollett

« Reply #269 on: November 17, 2022, 05:59:20 PM »
The best summing-up of the game came from Ian Taylor: "We earned our goals, we gave them all of theirs."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal