collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Manchester United vs Aston Villa Post-Match Analysis  (Read 17074 times)

Offline steamer

Re: Manchester United vs Aston Villa Post-Match Analysis
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2022, 10:11:18 PM »
Emery can see the job he has on his hands
Both teams diabolical in first half, after their second we were clueless amount of shots allowed through not clearing our lines unbelievable
At least half of those left on the pitch at the end should not be there next season

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2022, 10:11:35 PM »
Hugely disapppointing last half hour.

Worked ourselves in a really good position at 1-2 up and then we gave away some amateurish goals.

I'm afraid with high lines and constantly passing from the back this defence has mistakes in them when under pressure.

Wouldn't have taken Ramsey off, bit surprised by that as Kamara looked gassed from hour mark and McGinn also faded so think Unai got that wrong.

Bailey was great when he came on. Crucial passage of play was him wriggling away from 3-4 of their players, hitting a lovely pass through and then Ollie comically miscontrols it. They score a minute later.

Well summed up.

Online Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2022, 10:11:53 PM »
Why didn't we play our strongest 11? Unai said he wants to win a trophy with Aston Villa then starts Olsen?? Absolutely fuming

And you can definitely do one back to Bedrock

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2022, 10:12:04 PM »
Why didn't we play our strongest 11? Unai said he wants to win a trophy with Aston Villa then starts Olsen?? Absolutely fuming

FUMING! ABSOLUTELY FUMING!

Again.

Fred here could power a ship up the Mississippi.

Online Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2022, 10:12:30 PM »
Only one person to blame for that tonight and that's Emery.  Said he wanted to win a trophy, yet blatantly surrenders his first opportunity to do so with an utterly ridiculous team selection against a United side there for the taking.
That was quick 👏👏👏

I know, absolutely insane.

Online Exeter 77

« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2022, 10:12:37 PM »
Bar a couple of saves Olsen has been very poor in all the games he has played. We lost possession far too easily tonight and dropped too deep once we went 2-1 up. It seems ManUre weren't happy with the referee from Manchester they were given on Sunday so brought their own tonight and you can now elbow players in the face and stay on to score.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2022, 10:13:34 PM »
Disappointed but looking through the Emerys eyes he wants to see the whole squad in game time. The team for Brighton will give an indication of how we move forward. JJ coming off weakened us as did keeping McGinn on.
Last time we will see Olsen, plainly not good enough and really lost us the game. For me beating them on Sunday was far more important.

Offline supertom

« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2022, 10:13:51 PM »
We had the game and then we gifted them 3 sloppy goals. Mings arrival was a death knell. He was at his most Mingsian. Olsen isn't anywhere close to standard. Poor throughout.

I also worry about McGinn now. I think he peaked a couple of years ago and he's running out of time now. Constantly poor touch, sloppy passes and cumbersome. I've long loved McGinniesta but I'm afraid he's not good enough.

Disappointed with Chambers. He rarely put a foot wrong last season. Unlucky not to be playing ahead of Mings in fairness for much of this season, even Konsa. Based on today? Maybe not so unlucky. Very poor. Looked every inch a fourth choice. Augustinsson makes Nicky Shorey look like Roberto Carlos.

We did a lot right today. Frustrated them first half. Attacked well up until they went ahead off the back of ridiculous errors. Ramsey was a miss when he went off. Unai will have learned a lot about certain players today. We have to cut our losses with Wesley, probably Ings and buy a decent forward too.

Still, we're winning the FA Cup this season, we could do without this distraction.  :-X
Ash played well again.

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2022, 10:14:06 PM »
Only one person to blame for that tonight and that's Emery.  Said he wanted to win a trophy, yet blatantly surrenders his first opportunity to do so with an utterly ridiculous team selection against a United side there for the taking. 

Are you taking the piss
Some of the comments on here tonight have beggared belief.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2022, 10:14:10 PM »
Thanks Unai. That’s what you get for picking a couple of Swedish parks players. You need to learn there are cups other than Europa. A proper team tonight would have walked it to 4th round.

Offline Beard82

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2022, 10:14:20 PM »
Thought Kamara ran out of puff.  McGinn just looks finished - just doesn't bring anything. 

The GK and LB should never have been brought in, there really poor - oldish and apparently on big money. 

The whole defence seemed to suffer because the GK wouldn't take control of anything, plus we just cant keep the ball for 90% of the time. 

I cant see how Ings, McGinn, Olsen, Young or LB can be anything more than squad players.

Annoying - hopefully well do these when we replay them in the FA cup 3rd round

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 14.03.2024
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2022, 10:14:21 PM »
Your first posts since Bonfire Night are to comment on a loss. You were clearly abducted by aliens over the weekend as you weren't on here to revel in our new manager's first appearance on the touchline and laud our first home win in 27 years over the Red Divils.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2022, 10:14:24 PM »
I'm convinced we win that with a proper starting 11, especially at the back. Not impressed with Unai tonight. He has over a month with most of them to work out if they are good enough, not chucking away our best chance of a trophy. As for Olsen, he's shit, Steven Wonder knows he's shit, it doesn't take another shambolic first team performance to find out he's shit.
Convinced? I'm not. We looked terrible when our so called best defenders came on. Mings was an absolute shambles.

Yep. People going on about the starting 11 but we were reasonably o.k defensively for first hour.

If you're putting on your top CB at 2-1 up there's the expectation he'll organise and make sure the defence don't get caught square from long balls over the top.

Man. United do two more and we're in even more chaotic positions and 3-2 down so I'm afraid Mings didn't do a good job at all.

Offline rougegorge

« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2022, 10:14:28 PM »
In the first half we restricted them well and caught them offside a lot, but it seemed a risky line we were playing. Then in the 2nd half there seemed to be acres of space behind our line and they got past us too often.  I was surprised we kept doing that.

We got worse when the subs came on as well. Mings didn't look focused at all and the defence were made even shakier by the keeper. He made.a couple of good saves but then threw in some howlers.

Offline Concrete Tom

• GM : Aug, 2013
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2022, 10:14:58 PM »
Bar a couple of saves Olsen has been very poor in all the games he has played. We lost possession far too easily tonight and dropped too deep once we went 2-1 up. It seems ManUre weren't happy with the referee from Manchester they were given on Sunday so brought their own tonight and you can now elbow players in the face and stay on to score.

You can also stamp on players on the floor, avoid a red and get them booked.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal