collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Chris Harte
[Today at 03:32:33 PM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by enigma
[Today at 03:32:30 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by lovejoy
[Today at 03:31:29 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Chris Harte
[Today at 03:30:58 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Demitri_C
[Today at 03:30:12 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Olneythelonely
[Today at 03:30:00 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Rudy65
[Today at 03:29:58 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by lovejoy
[Today at 03:29:37 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Manchester United vs Aston Villa Post-Match Analysis  (Read 17511 times)

Online FrankyH

• GM : 07.09.2024
Re: Manchester United vs Aston Villa Post-Match Analysis
« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2022, 10:21:03 PM »
Only one person to blame for that tonight and that's Emery.  Said he wanted to win a trophy, yet blatantly surrenders his first opportunity to do so with an utterly ridiculous team selection against a United side there for the taking. 

Spot on! At least Manchester's closer than Moscow.

It's his 2nd game in charge FFS . I think we are all disappointed , but l'd like to think we'd  give him more than 2 games before we bury him.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2022, 10:21:28 PM »
Watkins played well but when put through after brilliant work by Bailey he showed how shit he can really be. Then pretending he was hurt. Tosser!

Hopefully after the World Cup we'll sign a proper striker. For all his running it's been obvious all year he's a very poor player.

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2022, 10:22:12 PM »
Anyone watching the post match comments from the impartial commentators? An absolute Man U wankfest. Their comments are as bad as our goalkeeper.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2022, 10:22:17 PM »
If Martinez played we would have won that.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2022, 10:23:00 PM »
Scoring two at Old Trafford and still losing, you've either had a defensive nightmare or been hit with a case of dodgy ref. In this instance, we had the misfortune to field a statue in goal.

Offline SamTheMouse

• Location: The Land of the Fragrant Founders of Human Rights, Fine Wines & Bikinis
  • GM : 03.11.2024
« Reply #65 on: November 10, 2022, 10:23:09 PM »
Watkins played well but when put through after brilliant work by Bailey he showed how shit he can really be. Then pretending he was hurt. Tosser!

Hopefully after the World Cup we'll sign a proper striker. For all his running it's been obvious all year he's a very poor player.

I'd still rather have him than Ings, who plays like Darren Bent after several rounds of chemo.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #66 on: November 10, 2022, 10:24:23 PM »

Simply too many moves break down with Ollie. For that move a good striker gets the ball out of his feet quickly, gets half a yard on defender and gets a shot away.

Ollie was injured/gassed, comically lost the ball and they scored a minute later.

He should've gone off but Ings seemingly can't manage more than an hour before he has to crawl off the pitch.

Its incredible Archer has played so little this season.

Offline Paul.S

« Reply #67 on: November 10, 2022, 10:24:34 PM »
Surely Emery has the ability to watch our previous matches? I'm with PWS, play a proper team tonight and we win that. He brings in Olsen, Chambers, Augustinsson, McGinn and Ings and they were all utterly abysmal.

I’m sure he has watched them but he needs to know if they can play under him with his tactics and coaching. We’d have no squad left if he’d watched them under Gerrard.
The truth is, we’ve made some terrible signings yet again and he’s got to pick up a squad lacking in depth, quality and with the mental scars of 12 horrendous months. It’s a massive job.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #68 on: November 10, 2022, 10:25:08 PM »
Tonight showed up all the players that don't fit Emery's style. If you haven't got pace, you're strolling to the job club, mate.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #69 on: November 10, 2022, 10:25:08 PM »
Only one person to blame for that tonight and that's Emery.  Said he wanted to win a trophy, yet blatantly surrenders his first opportunity to do so with an utterly ridiculous team selection against a United side there for the taking. 

Spot on! At least Manchester's closer than Moscow.

It's his 2nd game in charge FFS . I think we are all disappointed , but l'd like to think we'd  give him more than 2 games before we bury him.

Nobody's burying him, but it was obvious from the start that that line up was a load of shite. Anybody from here could have told him for free how shit Olsen is. Every other player who came in tonight, ie Olsen, Chambers, McGinn, Augustinsson and Ings were completely rubbish. It's one of the worst "shaking up" of a side I've seen. He's got one more match then a month off, just play the players who played well at the weekend, it's not rocket science. There's a whole bloody month to work with the other players and arrange friendlies etc.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #70 on: November 10, 2022, 10:25:10 PM »
I'm convinced we win that with a proper starting 11, especially at the back. Not impressed with Unai tonight. He has over a month with most of them to work out if they are good enough, not chucking away our best chance of a trophy. As for Olsen, he's shit, Steven Wonder knows he's shit, it doesn't take another shambolic first team performance to find out he's shit.

You must be on the wind up you silly sausage!

Why. They were shit. They put out a worse 11 tonight than they did on Sunday and our best 11 beat them comfortably. We were poor defensively with possession but they were too shit to do anything first half. Only person that picked that side is the manager. I'd be saying the same if it was Gerrard so i'm not gonna be a hypocrite and not say the same about a manager I like. And Olsen is staggeringly shit. And it's easily the best chance we'll have to win a trophy this season considering it was for a place in the last 16 with a bunch of the Sky favourites already out.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2022, 10:26:49 PM by PeterWithesShin »

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #71 on: November 10, 2022, 10:25:16 PM »
Well, if nothing else Emery will hopefully have seen that one or two players simply aren't up to it.

Olsen, Ings, and McGinn all want binning asap.

Yeah those 3 would be my immediate match day sqauds to be moved on.

Online 144 Hard Boiled Eggs

« Reply #72 on: November 10, 2022, 10:26:15 PM »
Bailey beats half of their team and passes it to fifty pence foot with a predictable outcome. Very frustrating.

Offline gpbarr

• GM : 31.03.2017
« Reply #73 on: November 10, 2022, 10:27:39 PM »

Holy cow - you couldn’t make it up

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #74 on: November 10, 2022, 10:28:00 PM »
Think the problem is the short turnaround to Brighton game. We're still far from clear of bottom 3 so need to be picking something up so that's why a few got rested.

I'm surprised so many changes though considering there isn't extra time anymore.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal