collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

All aboard the shuttle bus. by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:23:44 PM]

Gordon Cowans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 12:19:57 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by ChicagoLion
[Today at 12:19:45 PM]

Champions League Contention by AV82EC
[Today at 12:09:23 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 12:05:29 PM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by Clampy
[Today at 11:52:46 AM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Unai Emery - our manager  (Read 660915 times)

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
Re: Unai Emery - our manager
« Reply #2715 on: January 26, 2023, 07:30:24 PM »
Irrespective of errors over Gerrard's record,  this article is worth it alone for this devastating summary of Steeeeeeevie G:

"Rigid in his tactics, and tactless with his players..."

Scouse nail hit firmly on the head

As I said, written like a fan who actually watched us play rather than journalist who reviewed us from highlights.

Offline SaddVillan

• 1000 ft up in the hills gazing down on Manchester
« Reply #2716 on: January 28, 2023, 06:56:09 PM »
 Unai clearly has a level of ability, skill, positional awareness and consistency of performance that he requires from each and every individual

Players have been assessed in training and in games, cards are being marked.

Those who don't, or aren't able to reach the required level or shown potential to get there are on their way out. It may take time, but it will happen.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #2717 on: January 31, 2023, 02:37:29 PM »
Evidently, it is the case Emery has sent out certain players who he discovered were disobeying orders and not paying attention during his briefings.
All have received equal opportunities, and while some may be technically acceptable, they must be in line with the manager's enthusiasm.
People like McGinn and Cash will find it difficult to focus and learn the game well and I see them as players who will be replaced in the summer.
Emery seeks individuals who will adopt his ways.

If Digne doesn't change his ways, I can definitely see him getting phased out too in the summer. How Watkins' is apparent interest in improving as a footballer himself intrigues me. He was given the chance to join the England World Cup squad, but he passed it up.
He might return there if he takes note of Emery ability in how to improve.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #2718 on: January 31, 2023, 02:40:26 PM »
Evidently, it is the case Emery has sent out certain players who he discovered were disobeying orders and not paying attention during his briefings.
All have received equal opportunities, and while some may be technically acceptable, they must be in line with the manager's enthusiasm.
People like McGinn and Cash will find it difficult to focus and learn the game well and I see them as players who will be replaced in the summer.

If Digne doesn't change his ways, I can definitely see him getting phased out too in the summer. How Watkins' is apparent interest in improving as a footballer himself intrigues me. He was given the chance to join the England World Cup squad, but he passed it up.

The what and the what now?

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #2719 on: January 31, 2023, 02:42:08 PM »

evidently with no evidence whatsover

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #2720 on: January 31, 2023, 02:42:47 PM »
I mean, the players who aren't carrying out the full instructions or on board with the long hours team meetings are standing to reason have been moved on.

Watkins well he could have been in the World Cup squad but passed it up due to his performances.

Online LeeB

« Reply #2721 on: January 31, 2023, 02:44:03 PM »
'Stands to reason', fucking hell.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #2722 on: January 31, 2023, 02:45:52 PM »
Stoooooooooooooooooooop!

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #2723 on: January 31, 2023, 02:46:04 PM »

evidently with no evidence whatsover
Is he still referencing SJM Dublin trip ?
Was Ollie asked if he wanted to be on WC Bibs and Cones?

Online LeeB

« Reply #2724 on: January 31, 2023, 02:48:16 PM »
"I'd love to Gareth but I've booked a week all inclusive in Cyprus"

Offline paul_e

« Reply #2725 on: January 31, 2023, 02:55:46 PM »
Most national teams have a recall list in the build up to tournaments of people who are asked to keep themselves available as injury cover, Watkins being on that sort of list makes sense so maybe that's what footy is referring to, dunno.

The line about disobeying orders and not paying attention is pulled straight from his own head though, there's literally nothing to suggest that's the case.

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #2726 on: January 31, 2023, 02:56:03 PM »
They wouldn't say it, but some players will be distracted during these lengthy meetings.
Guilbert and Sanson probably felt it wasn't worth their time, and Ings, being experienced, didn't believe he needed to learn the game any longer.
Ings has recently married, so he will be under more pressure to be at home more frequently, in addition to taking care of the baby.
Good luck to all three, but if they don't want to learn Emery's tactics, they won't be suited.

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #2727 on: January 31, 2023, 02:57:36 PM »
They wouldn't say it, but some players will be distracted during these lengthy meetings.
Guilbert and Sanson probably felt it wasn't worth their time, and Ings, being experienced, didn't believe he needed to learn the game any longer.
Ings has recently married, so he will be under more pressure to be at home more frequently, in addition to taking care of the baby.
Good luck to all three, but if they don't want to learn Emery's tactics, they won't be suited.

That entire post is libel and you should cease bringing these gnarly rumors about.

Go cool down.

Offline paul_e

« Reply #2728 on: January 31, 2023, 02:59:28 PM »

As I said, made up then, yhou really need to stop doing this.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #2729 on: January 31, 2023, 03:01:12 PM »

That entire post is libel and you should cease bringing these gnarly rumors about.

Go cool down.

I think Libel is a bit strong, Fantasy prone perhaps?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal