collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Discipline and Suspension Watch 23/24  (Read 4480 times)

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
Re: Discipline and Suspension Watch 23/24
« Reply #75 on: Today at 11:06:26 AM »
Does it reset to 0 after you've had 5 and a suspension?

If so, would be smart to get the players on 4, or even 3, suspended before it changes to 10. Seems unlikely any of ours will get that many seeing as it's taken this long to get to 5.

No reset just continues after game week 19:
It will raise to 10 Yellow cards threshold ( runs to 32 matches) A player reaching 10 means they are suspended for 2 games.

Online SaddVillan

• 1000 ft up in the hills gazing down on Manchester
« Reply #76 on: Today at 11:09:26 AM »
Play Dougie and Digne on Thursday - they'll get a rest against Brentford and we need a result v Mostar.

Looking at upcoming games
Game 17 Brentford A
Game 18 Sheff U H
Game 19 Man U A

It's vital that we play ManU with a full strength squad, so I expect Unai to juggle the team to ensure we do.

If McGinn is still on 4 yellows going into the Sheff U match, it wouldn't surprise me to see him rested, to avoid the risk of a booking and a ban for the ManU game.

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #77 on: Today at 11:17:41 AM »
Nobody's going to try to get a red card on purpose, obviously.
Yes hopefully not but there have been past issues with players. Upon research these names seem to be very unprofessional and pretty distasteful characters. I only know of Bowyer and Nolan as a player and it was always quite infamous how they were. Clearly all 4 lack much class but would take a look at the managers as well at the time allowing such nonsense.

Ray Parlour
"I remember Ray Parlour being on four yellow cards and trying to get a booking against Newcastle in December 2001 to take him over the yellow-card limit He ended up getting two yellow cards and was sent off which he wasn't trying to do." (Martin Keown )

Lee Bowyer missed eight festive games between 2002 and 2008 due to suspension.

Kevin Nolan accused of deliberately picking up a suspension after he was banned for the fifth consecutive December in 2013.

Neil Ruddock was suspended six times over Christmas.

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #78 on: Today at 11:19:27 AM »
Some people obviously love their Turkey dinners.

Offline Risso

• GM : 01.03.2024
« Reply #79 on: Today at 11:20:58 AM »
What's that got to with Villa? Absolutely nothing whatseover, we have a squad of consumate professionals, not massively overweight pissheads like Ruddock. Who in our team do you think would pull a stunt like that?

Offline Exeter 77

« Reply #80 on: Today at 11:22:06 AM »
I remember a game shortly before Christmas against Arsenal under McLeish when Alan Hutton getting stupidly booked which meant he would be suspended for the game on Boxing Day and some people were suggesting he'd done it deliberately.

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #81 on: Today at 01:35:08 PM »
What's that got to with Villa? Absolutely nothing whatseover, we have a squad of consumate professionals, not massively overweight pissheads like Ruddock. Who in our team do you think would pull a stunt like that?
Douglas Luiz red card against Fulham was something for a greater good. Steven Gerrard get out of our club!

I mentioned Zaniolo and Duran - I have suspicions and concerns on their bookings and temperament and that they are use to Xmas holidays
But it's speculation in many ways please don't get annoyed or anything I was just expressing view on candidates if something occurred they would be ones who may do something silly.

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #82 on: Today at 01:38:09 PM »
I remember a game shortly before Christmas against Arsenal under McLeish when Alan Hutton getting stupidly booked which meant he would be suspended for the game on Boxing Day and some people were suggesting he'd done it deliberately.
Oh interesting one.
It was said Hutton was the ears and eyes for McLeish in the dressing room.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal