collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Unai Emery - our manager  (Read 689198 times)

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
Re: Unai Emery - our manager
« Reply #315 on: October 25, 2022, 09:58:45 AM »
Danny Murphy and Tom 'this club breaks yer heart' Ross don't think much of the appointment either.

I don't know why we bother. We should gather all these minds of information together beforehand to get their seal of approval.

A pair of absolute twats.

Both need chucking down a well.

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #316 on: October 25, 2022, 10:00:22 AM »
Danny Murphy and Tom 'this club breaks yer heart' Ross don't think much of the appointment either.

I don't know why we bother. We should gather all these minds of information together beforehand to get their seal of approval.

A pair of absolute twats.

Both need chucking down a well.

What a blue nose reporter and best friend of the man we just sacked dont rate our appointment ?  i dont understand ?

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #317 on: October 25, 2022, 10:03:16 AM »
Gerrard and Murphy...fucking hell. Misery personified.

I feel like two rays of sunshine next to that pair :D

Offline SaddVillan

• 1000 ft up in the hills gazing down on Manchester
« Reply #318 on: October 25, 2022, 10:09:31 AM »
Aston Villa: Why Unai Emery has returned to Premier League

Guilem  Balague on the BBC Sport website

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63381575

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #319 on: October 25, 2022, 10:14:13 AM »
Stuart Pearce on talksport doesn't seem to think it's a good appointment. He seems to think we should have given Sean Dyche a chance because Eddie Howe has done well at Newcastle. I'm not entirely sure how that is remotely relevent.
These dinosaurs are a sight to behold.

Offline danno

« Reply #320 on: October 25, 2022, 10:14:27 AM »
Pretty excited about this, and well done to the club for going big.

Online Goldenballs

« Reply #321 on: October 25, 2022, 10:15:47 AM »
What formation does he like to play?
4-2-3-1

Thanks PW.  I love that formation. 

https://www.coachesvoice.com/cv/unai-emery-psg-arsenal-villarreal/#:~:text=Emery%20has%20long%20most%20commonly,a%204%2D4%2D2.

Playing style
Emery has long most commonly favoured a 4-2-3-1 formation, though there have also been occasions he has preferred a 4-4-2. With both systems his team's ability to attack is led by their central midfielders, and the double pivot so often used. At Valencia, David Silva and Éver Banega were influential where at Sevilla, it was Stéphane M'Bia and Daniel Carriço and at Arsenal, Mattéo Guendouzi and Granit Xhaka. Most recently, Dani Parejo and Étienne Capoue or Francis Coquelin have become crucial at Villarreal.

Interesting read, thanks.

Offline Bent Neilsens Screamer

• GM : 25.11.2024
« Reply #322 on: October 25, 2022, 10:20:32 AM »
Disgusted however at  his interviewer,Sid Lowe's tweet tonight,.'.his going to Villa is really disappointing,on many levels' What a complete arsehole.

I kind of like Sid Lowe so for now I'm going to interpret that the most generous way I can and that is that he feels it is disappointing for Villareal to lose their manager mid-season and further proof how far La Liga is falling behind the PL.

I like Sid Lowe too and, knowing his passion for Spanish football, that's my take on it.. Not worth getting too worked up about.

That’s exactly what it was. I can’t find it now but in the replies after the tweet he said it was a great appointment for us but the initial tweet was more from the point of Villarreal and Spanish football.

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #323 on: October 25, 2022, 10:22:58 AM »
This is a huge huge coup. Earliest memory of Villa was 1990.
Struggling to think of any manager CV anywhere near as successful as Unai

Offline AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #324 on: October 25, 2022, 10:25:54 AM »
5 live sport turned to Lamberk for his two-penneth worth. Some bitter piece about he'll fail unless he's given loads of money to spend.

Offline AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #325 on: October 25, 2022, 10:30:11 AM »
Oh,and Mccoist doesn't think it's an exciting appointment.

Offline caster troy

« Reply #326 on: October 25, 2022, 10:32:21 AM »
It's been a long time since we appointed a manager from the level that we want to get to, as opposed to someone we hope can reach that level.

On the face of it you could say that 7th place in La Liga isn't much to get excited about, but in the context of the European runs they have had it looks more impressive. They played so many games, it must have been impossible to get the best possible results in the league. And of course 7th for us would be fantastic after the last 10+ years.

It will be interesting to see what such an experienced coach makes of our squad.

Offline Bent Neilsens Screamer

• GM : 25.11.2024
« Reply #327 on: October 25, 2022, 10:34:10 AM »
This is a huge huge coup. Earliest memory of Villa was 1990.
Struggling to think of any manager CV anywhere near as successful as Unai

It was mentioned briefly earlier but if you listen to Guillem Balague on 5live from last night it ticks every box for a top level appointment. Most notable for me was he said he improves players. We’ve got the money to buy players and no doubt he’ll be backed but coaching the existing players to get better and integrating the youth is a big thing for me.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #328 on: October 25, 2022, 10:35:45 AM »
Oh,and Mccoist doesn't think it's an exciting appointment.
What is wrong with these morons?

Would they have really advocated Man Utd or Spurs hiring Sean Dyche?  Were they taking potshots when Palace hired Viera or at Brighton for appointing De Zerbi?

These are the type of fucking idiots who were saying Newcastle should keep Bruce.  That's all you need to know about their punditry.

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #329 on: October 25, 2022, 10:37:10 AM »
Found this online from Nov 2021:

Before taking up the role at the Mestalla Stadium last summer, Emery spoke to Sid Lowe at The Guardian and confirmed his interest in returning back to England, if a ‘good project’ became available:

"If there’s a good project in England, if someone wants me and is prepared to get behind me, I’m available…

"In England that identification with your team brings the game alive. It’s deeper there, like a church.

"I was born in San Sebastián and my team is Real Sociedad. That feeling is in my heart and that’s what you find in England.

"It’s marvellous, the loveliest thing there is.”

"Fans want their emotions to come to the surface and the only to way to make that happen is to give them a team that transmits emotion: intensity, attacking, scoring goals, competing, fighting. That awakens them. The fans want emotions.”

Love him already!
Me too!
Brilliant.
Disgusted however at  his interviewer,Sid Lowe's tweet tonight,.'.his going to Villa is really disappointing,on many levels' What a complete arsehole.

I think that's a bit harsh. There's a calm and rational discussion in the replies to that particular tweet. I think it's pretty thin-skinned to jump to a conclusion that it's denigrating of us.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal