collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Fulham ‘Prime Barcelona’ - 3 Aston Villa - 0 Post match thread  (Read 11339 times)

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
Re: Fulham ‘Prime Barcelona’ - 3 Aston Villa - 0 Post match thread
« Reply #60 on: October 20, 2022, 10:40:23 PM »
Does anyone really believe that this "performance" wasn't hurtling towards us since the opening day?
I maintain that the squad is decent enough to stay in the PL but almost every facet of this Managers reign has been utterly flawed. Tactics, motivation, man management, in game decisions, those panic buys, his attitude to the press, the decimation of the youth set up. Rotten, just rotten.
This squad is at very best average. Yes Gerrard has got to go, but so have a large portion of this squad.
A new manager could get loads more out of this group.

But two managers/coaches, with contrasting characters and playing styles, have now failed to get anything from largely the same bunch of players

So what’s the common factor?

But then calling Gerrard a manager and having a "playing" style......

Remember Coutinho came in and for the first couple of games he shone. Then Gerrard started coaching him.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #61 on: October 20, 2022, 10:41:53 PM »
This week Ive been to a pals funeral, another died the same day, my business needs an miracle and my flights to get away from it all for a few days were cancelled earlier today.

At least I had a solid Villa win at lowly Fulham to cheer me up and look forward to.

It’s always the hope that kills you….

Offline Allan C

« Reply #62 on: October 20, 2022, 10:42:16 PM »
Does anyone really believe that this "performance" wasn't hurtling towards us since the opening day?
I maintain that the squad is decent enough to stay in the PL but almost every facet of this Managers reign has been utterly flawed. Tactics, motivation, man management, in game decisions, those panic buys, his attitude to the press, the decimation of the youth set up. Rotten, just rotten.
This squad is at very best average. Yes Gerrard has got to go, but so have a large portion of this squad.
I think the squad is unbalanced and that would be down to Gerrard and his phobia of wide players. Tonight was a shocker, players were weak in the tackle when they bothered, didn’t track back and showed little energy. That opening thirty minutes was a nightmare. Both their full backs got into great positions repeatedly. Bailey, Ings, Mcginn were awful, Ramsey and Watkins very poor too. A new manager could get loads more out of this group.
But that’s what we said when we binned Smith, The next guy will get more out of the squad. And guess what?? They’re still average. The players are not good enough. When will people get this???

Offline mrfuse

• GM : 28.02.2023
« Reply #63 on: October 20, 2022, 10:43:06 PM »
Understand Nassef Sawiris furious with what he witnessed tonight and walked out of the directors' box after Douglas Luiz's red card. Christian Purslow quickly followed after Mitrovic made it 2-0

Offline stevo_st

• GM : 27.07.21
« Reply #64 on: October 20, 2022, 10:44:10 PM »
Setup to lose. Toxic. Got to go

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #65 on: October 20, 2022, 10:45:00 PM »
Special shout-out to betfair for the 3/1 return on Ings to have 2 or more shots on target. Perfect punt for a club like ours that doesn't win football matches or score goals.

As for the Fulham training session, I'm in the never a red camp, a comical decision but an expected one. The penalty is whatever! Cash has done that multiple times before because he's a liability.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #66 on: October 20, 2022, 10:45:02 PM »
Silly decisions sums it up
Go a player down  take off a striker(?) replace with a DM
10 minutes later take off a midfielder replace with a striker
To call it Sunday league is an insult to the lads who turn up on a Sunday

And three one-at-a-time subs for the third game in a row, meaning we can’t use any more. Clueless.

Offline SamTheMouse

• Location: The Land of the Fragrant Founders of Human Rights, Fine Wines & Bikinis
  • GM : 03.11.2024
« Reply #67 on: October 20, 2022, 10:46:15 PM »
Fucking hell. Glad I had to go out tonight.

Online LukeJames

« Reply #68 on: October 20, 2022, 10:46:30 PM »
He's gone!!!!!!

Offline Clive W

« Reply #69 on: October 20, 2022, 10:46:40 PM »
But that’s what we said when we binned Smith, The next guy will get more out of the squad. And guess what?? They’re still average. The players are not good enough. When will people get this???
[/quote]

If only they were average - we would be mid-table now

Offline rougegorge

« Reply #70 on: October 20, 2022, 10:47:56 PM »
I think the squad is unbalanced and that would be down to Gerrard and his phobia of wide players. Tonight was a shocker, players were weak in the tackle when they bothered, didn’t track back and showed little energy. That opening thirty minutes was a nightmare. Both their full backs got into great positions repeatedly. Bailey, Ings, Mcginn were awful, Ramsey and Watkins very poor too. A new manager could get loads more out of this group.
Yes if these players are good enough, maybe Smith wouldn't have got the sack so quickly. The same is happening with Gerrard. They are not good enough and worse still tonight several of them seemingly didn't really bother or apply themselves which is absolutely terrible for professional athletes getting paid a fortune.

..and Gerrard has now gone.

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #71 on: October 20, 2022, 10:48:20 PM »

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #72 on: October 20, 2022, 10:48:29 PM »
For the first time ever I was glad the ref went to the TV for the red card review as I thought he’d book Mitrovic for coming at Doug.

I’m normally wrong

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #73 on: October 20, 2022, 10:49:07 PM »

So how do we improve right now? Because we're largely stuck with these players for the rest of the season. The reason managers get sacked with regularity is because it is the easiest thing to change. And no one can deny something needs to change with us right now. I don't get this whole "the players aren't good enough argument". What's the conclusion from this? May as well stick with a shit manager? The next one might be even worse but fact is Gerrard has done absolutely nothing to justify remaining in employment

Offline astonvilla82

« Reply #74 on: October 20, 2022, 10:49:22 PM »

If only they were average - we would be mid-table now
[/quote] because the next manager needs to put there boot up there arse or they will get him the sack

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal