collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Fulham ‘Prime Barcelona’ - 3 Aston Villa - 0 Post match thread  (Read 11327 times)

Offline LukeJames

Re: Fulham ‘Prime Barcelona’ - 3 Aston Villa - 0 Post match thread
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2022, 10:17:47 PM »
McGinn

https://twitter.com/primevideosport/status/1583203404490211328

"Playing against 10 men is an advantage for any team in this League"

I can think of one team that doesn't apply too.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2022, 10:20:04 PM by LukeJames »

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2022, 10:19:11 PM »
The fucking league is average at the moment, our squad might be average but it’s not shit. The manager is shit. You can be average and be in 8th position.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2022, 10:21:20 PM »
Villa fans turn on Gerrard
It could have been much worse for Gerrard's side, who offered Marco Silva's team far too much space in the final third - particularly down Fulham's left - while offering precious little as an attacking threat.

The decision to replace striker Danny Ings with Leander Dendoncker following Luiz's dismissal was met by shouts of "We want Gerrard out" from sections of the Putney End.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63238011

He left Konsa out to die on the right hand side so that Bednarek, who has no business in this league, could shift in to CB. Moronic, absolutely moronic decision.

When Ings came off for the 11 million pound donkey, I looked at my mate and said.. he's not in danger of the sack, is he? Who in their right mind would take off a striker in favor of a wandering nomad if their job was in jeopady?!

I'd prefer Dedonkey up front than Ings. Actually I'd prefer if Ings didn't play for us again. That was a bit of a sitter he missed with the header but it barely even made it to the keeper.

It was a cushioned header back to his keeper. Sorry, I meant their keeper. He is utter wank.

Online Villan82

« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2022, 10:23:02 PM »
I am so fed up

Offline villa for life

« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2022, 10:24:27 PM »
No alternative really. Given the already sustained period of underperformance, Whether you are for or against Gerrard, if he can’t beat a ten man Leeds bottom of the league forest or a newly promoted Fulham, there’s only one outcome.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019

Offline Villa Lew

• GM : 16.08.2024
« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2022, 10:27:33 PM »
A red card, penalty and an own goal, everything that could go wrong did, but in no way did that result flatter Fulham, it was fully deserved, we made them look like world beaters.

I have been campaigning to give Bailey a run in the team, but I've seen enough, he has been dreadful, the only players. who came out with any credit were probably Martinez and Young.

Offline walsall villain

« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2022, 10:28:07 PM »
Does anyone really believe that this "performance" wasn't hurtling towards us since the opening day?
I maintain that the squad is decent enough to stay in the PL but almost every facet of this Managers reign has been utterly flawed. Tactics, motivation, man management, in game decisions, those panic buys, his attitude to the press, the decimation of the youth set up. Rotten, just rotten.
This squad is at very best average. Yes Gerrard has got to go, but so have a large portion of this squad.
I think the squad is unbalanced and that would be down to Gerrard and his phobia of wide players. Tonight was a shocker, players were weak in the tackle when they bothered, didn’t track back and showed little energy. That opening thirty minutes was a nightmare. Both their full backs got into great positions repeatedly. Bailey, Ings, Mcginn were awful, Ramsey and Watkins very poor too. A new manager could get loads more out of this group.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2022, 10:29:21 PM »
I am so fed up

This. I'm just cheesed off with it. The one genuine bright spot of supporting Villa since my teens was the promotion run, and no matter how good it was to experience that, it was still (when all said and done) a trophy for finishing fifth in the second tier. I've gone through the majority of my supporting life waiting for a genuinely great Villa side able to win a proper trophy, and we're closer to the start than the end of that desire. Villa losing used to ruin my week. Now I just expect it, and I hate that more than the actual football.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2022, 10:34:52 PM »
I am so fed up

This. I'm just cheesed off with it. The one genuine bright spot of supporting Villa since my teens was the promotion run, and no matter how good it was to experience that, it was still (when all said and done) a trophy for finishing fifth in the second tier. I've gone through the majority of my supporting life waiting for a genuinely great Villa side able to win a proper trophy, and we're closer to the start than the end of that desire. Villa losing used to ruin my week. Now I just expect it, and I hate that more than the actual football.

Come on now, we had that few months in lockdown when we were quite good.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2022, 10:37:36 PM by LeeB »

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2022, 10:35:12 PM »
Have to say Young is putting the rest of the players to shame

Offline Nelly

• rahix.music
  • GM : 01.05.2023
« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2022, 10:35:14 PM »
It feels like we have totally undone any progress, stability, togetherness we had gained. We're no longer looking up the league but starting to fret about whether we will be good enough to stay in this league. Painful to see us unravel so quickly. I hope we hire a football manager this time because whatever this is that we have gambled on has not worked.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2022, 10:36:26 PM »
Never a penalty.

Offline Clive W

« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2022, 10:37:57 PM »
Does anyone really believe that this "performance" wasn't hurtling towards us since the opening day?
I maintain that the squad is decent enough to stay in the PL but almost every facet of this Managers reign has been utterly flawed. Tactics, motivation, man management, in game decisions, those panic buys, his attitude to the press, the decimation of the youth set up. Rotten, just rotten.
This squad is at very best average. Yes Gerrard has got to go, but so have a large portion of this squad.
A new manager could get loads more out of this group.

But two managers/coaches, with contrasting characters and playing styles, have now failed to get anything from largely the same bunch of players

So what’s the common factor?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal