collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Champions League Contention by DB
[Today at 09:20:08 AM]

New Shirt Sponsor by Dogtanian
[Today at 09:07:28 AM]

Who should create the Atmosphere? by Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle
[Today at 08:56:37 AM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Demitri_C
[Today at 08:48:44 AM]

Kaine Kesler Hayden by Baldy
[Today at 08:46:32 AM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Demitri_C
[Today at 08:44:50 AM]

MOTD by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 08:40:09 AM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by AV82EC
[Today at 08:20:33 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Fulham ‘Prime Barcelona’ - 3 Aston Villa - 0 Post match thread  (Read 11301 times)

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
Re: Fulham ‘Prime Barcelona’ - 3 Aston Villa - 0 Post match thread
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2022, 09:58:54 PM »
Villa fans turn on Gerrard
It could have been much worse for Gerrard's side, who offered Marco Silva's team far too much space in the final third - particularly down Fulham's left - while offering precious little as an attacking threat.

The decision to replace striker Danny Ings with Leander Dendoncker following Luiz's dismissal was met by shouts of "We want Gerrard out" from sections of the Putney End.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63238011

He left Konsa out to die on the right hand side so that Bednarek, who has no business in this league, could shift in to CB. Moronic, absolutely moronic decision.

When Ings came off for the 11 million pound donkey, I looked at my mate and said.. he's not in danger of the sack, is he? Who in their right mind would take off a striker in favor of a wandering nomad if their job was in jeopady?!

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2022, 09:59:22 PM »
Have never liked Gerrard, but Jesus Christ we've got some poor players.

Whether they're playing for Gerrard or not, have some fucking professional pride.

Can't say I like any of them. Pathetic display.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2022, 10:00:57 PM »
Oh dear John McGinn , what a silly thing to say.

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2022, 10:02:17 PM »
Oh dear John McGinn , what a silly thing to say.

..?

Offline Exeter 77

« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2022, 10:03:14 PM »
The penalty decision was a bit harsh as the ball was hit from so close but Luiz was just stupid. We now have to wait to see if the stories of Pochettino have any substance as Gerrard can't possibly come back from that.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2022, 10:04:00 PM »
There is a woman in our village who runs seances.  I think I will try her to get through to Heroes and Villains.

Ha, a brief reason to smile on what's been a depressing evening.

"Is there anybody there?"

"Ooooooh, yeeesss, sack that scouse clown ffs"

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2022, 10:04:18 PM »
Have never liked Gerrard, but Jesus Christ we've got some poor players.

Whether they're playing for Gerrard or not, have some fucking professional pride.

Can't say I like any of them. Pathetic display.

Some of them yeah. But it’s hard to summon much up when it’s clear there is no tactical plan.

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2022, 10:07:41 PM »
Villa fans turn on Gerrard
It could have been much worse for Gerrard's side, who offered Marco Silva's team far too much space in the final third - particularly down Fulham's left - while offering precious little as an attacking threat.

The decision to replace striker Danny Ings with Leander Dendoncker following Luiz's dismissal was met by shouts of "We want Gerrard out" from sections of the Putney End.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63238011

He left Konsa out to die on the right hand side so that Bednarek, who has no business in this league, could shift in to CB. Moronic, absolutely moronic decision.

When Ings came off for the 11 million pound donkey, I looked at my mate and said.. he's not in danger of the sack, is he? Who in their right mind would take off a striker in favor of a wandering nomad if their job was in jeopady?!

I'd prefer Dedonkey up front than Ings. Actually I'd prefer if Ings didn't play for us again. That was a bit of a sitter he missed with the header but it barely even made it to the keeper.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2022, 10:08:51 PM »
Well, that was pretty atrocious really. Not much else to add.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015

Offline Allan C

« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2022, 10:11:19 PM »
Absolutely diabolical performance. There’s no coming back from that and the next choice of manager has got be right and I sincerely hope that we really are looking at the Poch’s of this world. But, as I’ve said before, this is not just on the manager but on this totally below average bunch of wasters none of them fit to wear the shirt. I’m sick of Watkins, Ings McGinn, Bailey, Konsa, the list goes on. Nowhere near good enough at this level.

Offline dorsetvillian

• GM : PCM
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2022, 10:13:39 PM »
Such a sad evening for AVFC. Really difficult to stand and watch that shit show. The owners have let this go on for far to long. They need to get the next appointment right.

Offline Stinkin_Thinkin

« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2022, 10:14:36 PM »
The players deffo downed tools tonight. They stopped running for nice guy Smith last year and now they've done the same for "terse" Gerrard. No pressure on the ball at all. Anyone coming in will have to move three or four big names out and get some big hitters in, in as few windows as possible. Mings played decent tonight but another blunder. You can live with one blunder in five but its every game now, mistakes, og's. And Luiz? Idiotic.
Gerrard will be praying he's sacked tonight so he won't have to face the home fans on Sunday. He only put Buendía on because the fans were singing for him for 5 mins otherwise i'm sure it would have been his mate phil and done a massive swerve at full time to avoid the fans.
Willian ran the show for Fulham.

Offline coreyfeldman

« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2022, 10:16:19 PM »
Fucking disgusting

Offline Allan C

« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2022, 10:17:42 PM »
Does anyone really believe that this "performance" wasn't hurtling towards us since the opening day?
I maintain that the squad is decent enough to stay in the PL but almost every facet of this Managers reign has been utterly flawed. Tactics, motivation, man management, in game decisions, those panic buys, his attitude to the press, the decimation of the youth set up. Rotten, just rotten.
This squad is at very best average. Yes Gerrard has got to go, but so have a large portion of this squad.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal