collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Fulham ‘Prime Barcelona’ - 3 Aston Villa - 0 Post match thread  (Read 11102 times)

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
Re: Fulham ‘Prime Barcelona’ - 3 Aston Villa - 0 Post match thread
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2022, 09:50:08 PM »
There is a woman in our village who runs seances.  I think I will try her to get through to Heroes and Villains.

Ha, a brief reason to smile on what's been a depressing evening.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2022, 09:50:15 PM »
The players lack energy, desire, passion.  They don't retain the ball, don't move well enough, Watkins gets caught offside too much, they are not aggressive enough, they are not good enough.  Several of them have gone backwards.  Second best to everything, all night, all season.

Mitrovic might be a cheating twunt but tonight wasn't good enough and Gerrard cannot come back from this.  7 gaols scored from 11 played, 6 defeats out of 11.  We are getting worse.   Terribly poor performance.

Offline astonvilla82

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2022, 09:50:48 PM »
Penalty and sending off for me

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2022, 09:51:21 PM »
Does anyone really believe that this "performance" wasn't hurtling towards us since the opening day?
I maintain that the squad is decent enough to stay in the PL but almost every facet of this Managers reign has been utterly flawed. Tactics, motivation, man management, in game decisions, those panic buys, his attitude to the press, the decimation of the youth set up. Rotten, just rotten.

Offline Paul.S

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2022, 09:51:46 PM »
As a club who we’ve been told have aspirations of challenging for Europe and who are building a new stand to house more support I’d expect the powers that be to have an instant replacement in place as soon as they’ve told Gerrard he’s lost his job.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2022, 09:52:17 PM »
Absolute horror show and everything that could go wrong pretty much did.  Hard to see a way forward for the manager after that.

How the f@ck have we ended up in this position again?

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2022, 09:52:27 PM »
No excuses for the chancer. We should've been down 3-0 within the first 15 minutes.

Got twatted by Fulham - everyone from the players up at this club is full of shit. Purslow is a fucking salesman who hasn't got a clue and the managerial team needs to find their own way home. If you want to add to the stadium, if you want to become a part of the European elite, if you want to be a parent club with affiliates throughout the world then FUCKING ACT LIKE IT.

Huge respect for those who went and stuck around until the final whistle.

Offline astonvilla82

« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2022, 09:53:58 PM »
Gerard's responsibility, but once again players getting away with it, nothing will happen to them

Offline Chris_Jephcott

• http://www.facebook.com
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2022, 09:53:59 PM »
I don’t know where to start.

That was dreadful, abysmal and utterly spineless in every single aspect.

I’m furious. The lessons of our past have not been learnt, we threatened to move onwards and have become a “crisis club” once again.

There in no spine, belief, confidence, pride or strength in our team at the moment. The ability is there, but we just are mismanaged into utter oblivion.

This season has a strong smell of 2015 all over again. We’re going to 'The Mighty Reds YNWA' out of this division in the most unceremonious way possible. It stinks. It’s like Surstromming and Durian fruit mixed together into one great bit nauseating mess of ineptitude.

This entire club needs rebuilding - keeping the owners who’ve been bloody patient. But anyone beneath them is fair game in this mass cull of skidded boxer pants.

The last time anyone saw anything so pathetic was… well… errrm. Today with Liz Truss. And now, Gerrard must go the same way. I wanted this project to work. I wanted it to work so badly. All it feels like now is that my 2 year old has been climbing my legs and repetitively planting his knee and elbow into my gonads.

It’s time for change. Totally diabolical Villa. Not once ounce of pride out there today.

Offline steamer

« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2022, 09:54:46 PM »
He knows its over
End of the game he walked across the pitch to the officials and players to shake hands.
veered off so not to see the fans

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2022, 09:55:20 PM »
Villa fans turn on Gerrard
Having booed their players off the field following Saturday's home defeat by Chelsea, the Villa supporters once again made their feelings known as the visitors traipsed off the Craven Cottage pitch at half-time - and again in the latter stages of the contest.

Unmistakable chants of "You're getting sacked in the morning" and "Steven Gerrard, get out of our club" echoed around the ground following Mings' own goal, which capped a desperate performance from the away side in west London.

Only the goal-line clearance from Mings and several impressive saves from Martinez kept the scoreline down in the first half.

It could have been much worse for Gerrard's side, who offered Marco Silva's team far too much space in the final third - particularly down Fulham's left - while offering precious little as an attacking threat.

The decision to replace striker Danny Ings with Leander Dendoncker following Luiz's dismissal was met by shouts of "We want Gerrard out" from sections of the Putney End.

Former Liverpool and England captain Gerrard said before the game that his side were "a lot closer to where we want to be" in terms of performance levels - but this was very much a step in the wrong direction for the 42-year-old and his players.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63238011

Offline villa for life

« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2022, 09:55:51 PM »
If we can’t beat Leeds, forest or Fulham, who can we beat? Or .. how can we possibly stay up with “Stevie G” in charge?

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2022, 09:56:19 PM »
Gerard's responsibility, but once again players getting away with it, nothing will happen to them

It will. A good manger will sort them out. We just need to find one.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2022, 09:56:42 PM »
Shocking.

Offline Goldenballs

« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2022, 09:58:49 PM »

What do you want to happen to them? The window is closed and Gerrard keeps picking them, despite having other options.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal