collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa Park Catering.....  (Read 35942 times)

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
Re: Villa Park Catering.....
« Reply #150 on: August 17, 2022, 06:25:41 PM »
The catering is a joke, even in the upper Holte where there's plenty of room it's not worth even trying to get a pint at half time unless your're prepared to miss some of the match.  In the Doug upper it's not worth trying even before a game.  It's ther most ridiculous catering facility I've ever seen at a sporting venue.

How much is a multi pint pourer?

How may more sales could they make per match if the queues were significantly shorter / quicker?  Surely the maths has to work?  Imagine if people had time for a pint AND a pie at half time?

I remember reading somewhere that a multi pint pourer is £20,000 or something mad like that, so it’s not an insignificant investment to to get them behind a number of bars in the ground, but probably still worth it within a relatively short period of time.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #151 on: August 17, 2022, 07:11:17 PM »
the faster they can serve the drinks the more people will drink them.
They need to get people in the ground early and spending money - not in social clubs and city centre pubs.
They're missing a massive trick here. Surely they're aware of it.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #152 on: August 17, 2022, 07:42:54 PM »
The catering is a joke, even in the upper Holte where there's plenty of room it's not worth even trying to get a pint at half time unless your're prepared to miss some of the match.  In the Doug upper it's not worth trying even before a game.  It's ther most ridiculous catering facility I've ever seen at a sporting venue.

How may more sales could they make per match if the queues were significantly shorter / quicker?  Surely the maths has to work?  Imagine if people had time for a pint AND a pie at half time?

I remember reading somewhere that a multi pint pourer is £20,000 or something mad like that, so it’s not an insignificant investment to to get them behind a number of bars in the ground, but probably still worth it within a relatively short period of time.

I reckon that would easily pay for itself after one fixture.

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #153 on: August 17, 2022, 08:01:39 PM »

If profit was £5 a pint (& I don’t think it is that much) that’d be 4000 extra pints from one bar in the about 3 hours of serving time at a game. It’d pay for itself, but not in one fixture.

Offline andrew08

• GM : 12.09.2021
« Reply #154 on: August 17, 2022, 08:37:26 PM »
That kind of kit is usually leased isn’t it?

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #155 on: August 17, 2022, 09:43:17 PM »

I believe multi pour machines are installed for free so long as you sign an agreement to sell a particular beer for at least two seasons.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #156 on: August 17, 2022, 10:50:33 PM »
Watch us get them installed, and run out of glasses within the hour.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #157 on: August 17, 2022, 10:52:04 PM »
We'll install them, and then the weather will mean ours are the only ones in the country that don't work.

Offline Zouch Villa

• GM : 12.02.2024
« Reply #158 on: August 17, 2022, 11:25:19 PM »
We’ll install them, but then not show any of the agency staff how to use them, so they’ll stand around in 2’s and 3’s, waiting for someone to take the lead and then spend 5 minutes working out how to use the chip and pin.

Offline aldridgeboy

« Reply #159 on: August 18, 2022, 12:31:20 AM »

Im not sure how they'd work with teh cheaper "flexible" plastic glasses we use.But 56 pints in a minute!!

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #160 on: August 18, 2022, 10:19:54 AM »

If profit was £5 a pint (& I don’t think it is that much) that’d be 4000 extra pints from one bar in the about 3 hours of serving time at a game. It’d pay for itself, but not in one fixture.

It's not just the beer though, it's the profit on everything else that's going unsold because people either aren't getting served on time, or are choosing not to even bother trying. It's not hard to imagine that 2,000 people not bothering could easily be a tenner a head profit that's missed. One machine wouldn't be enough by itself of course, but as part of a package of well thought and carefully planned measures it would be an important tool. And absolutely miniscule investment in terms of a football club's finances.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #161 on: August 18, 2022, 11:29:59 AM »
I just don't understand why a commercial operation would leave so much revenue untapped because of staff numbers or (relatively) modest investment in equipment.  Pariculalry for stands like the Holte and Trinity which won't be seeing any significant refurbishment any time soon.

If there's not plans to do anything major in the upper Doug then surely it would be an absolute no brainer there as most people won't ever bother trying to get refreshments in that ridiculous corridor?

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #162 on: August 18, 2022, 10:23:23 PM »
I wish Nicky Keye was still around to make all this go away.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #163 on: August 18, 2022, 10:24:19 PM »

I think Bet Lynch would be more appropriate

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #164 on: August 18, 2022, 10:42:38 PM »

I saw her on Saturday.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal