collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: GA+ tickets  (Read 4132 times)

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Re: GA+ tickets
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2023, 01:54:02 PM »
The big problem as always is Witton Lane - there a vague allusions to increasing the capacity on this side, but for anything to work they need to build out the back of the stand by at least 5-10 metres.  It might be possible with the road realignment that will be part of the North Stand development, but they haven't given any indication yet of what might be possible.

Even if they could lose the garden area and move the road back, I suspect the next problem with be the light blocked to the houses behind.

Offline Pat Mustard

« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2023, 02:31:49 PM »
The big problem as always is Witton Lane - there a vague allusions to increasing the capacity on this side, but for anything to work they need to build out the back of the stand by at least 5-10 metres.  It might be possible with the road realignment that will be part of the North Stand development, but they haven't given any indication yet of what might be possible.

Even if they could lose the garden area and move the road back, I suspect the next problem with be the light blocked to the houses behind.

Unless the club bought all of the houses I don't think they could make the stand any taller.  They could make the concourses and hospitality areas bigger by building the stand outwards into where the road is currently, something similar was done to the NIA (or whatever it's called now) when it was revamped about 7 or 8 years ago.  The images of the North Stand redevelopment certainly suggest Witton Lane is being downgraded into more of a shared space, so there may be some room available to do this in the next phase.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2023, 03:27:46 PM »

It looked from the initial drawings that they might be shutting Witton Lane off at one end, but if you read the detail all that's actually happening is that on a match day it'll be treated as part-pedestrianised. They're not actually changing the layout of it.

Offline cdward

« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2023, 03:28:32 PM »
All this premium stuff but we haven't finished in the top half of the league for over a decade....
This.
I'm more interested in being premium on the pitch

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal